Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » The Water Cooler » TV » Who's costume is Stargirl giving Mary Kramer

Poll Question: Who's costume is Stargirl giving Mary Kramer

• Mr Terrific
    0%
    0 vote(s)
  • Green Lantern.
    0%
    0 vote(s)
  • Cyclone
    0%
    0 vote(s)
  • Other
    0%
    0 vote(s)
  • None
    100%
    2 vote(s)

Who's costume is Stargirl giving Mary Kramer

monidaw1
Sunday, July 19, 2020 12:27:14 PM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
I'm not sure it'll make it into season one or if she'll get used in a later season yet either.

Best superhero TV show out so far. Go back and watch episode one again and you'll notice she's named and shown in great detail as Coutney's friend she grew up with.
padreglcc
Sunday, July 19, 2020 6:44:41 PM
Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host
Really enjoying the show so far. It's a lot of fun. I honestly don't think they'll bring back the Mary Kramer character. Even if they do, I doubt she'll costume up as part of the JSA.
“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.

Need help? Feel free to contact one of the Moderators or Approvers.
monidaw1
Monday, July 20, 2020 9:59:48 AM
Shop at My Store
As a comic book character she has all the requirements needed to step in for a new Mr Terrific even though that one's been used in the CW already.

Quote:
Powers & Abilities
Mary is an exceptionally bright and collected youth. She is abnormally gifted when it comes to technical matters. Her software skills are unrevealed, but when it comes to electronics she seemed to be about as competent as Pat Dugan (aka Stripesy).

Even Robin (Tim Drake) was amazed by her skills – though much of it was the surprise from seeing a random schoolgirl taking apart and analysing alien rayguns. Still, Robin’s question about where she learned to do that is a germane one.

She’s also skilled with mechanics. Including such applications as a lock picking technique that would make Thomas Magnum proud.

I would imagine if she's going to remain in the the other city Courtney moved away from then she'd need a gimmick that allowed for rapid transport to join them in the new city. That says to me Green Lantern who can fly and the Lantern's already been shown multiple times, Dr Fate which I'd be good with leaving Fate out for now since the Smallville version really nailed it for me or Cyclone who can fly and also has red hair.

I can't imagine they put that much effort into naming her, taking all those pictures of Courtney and her together growing up and establishing a solid lifelong friendship just to have Courtney continue to look for total strangers to give JLA gimmicks to. I would think she'd make her lifelong friend one of her first choices. I'm just not sure there's room to work it in this season since they have a pretty full cast already and we're still waiting for Jakeem to stumble upon the pink pen and activate the Thunderbolt.
monidaw1
Wednesday, July 22, 2020 8:33:01 PM
Shop at My Store
Now I'm starting to think she'll be Gimmix "Jacqueline Pemberton".

Hang on, the trail is smoking here.

Merry Creamer,(notice how close that sounds to Kramer) is adopted by Starman's parents and becomes Gimmick Girl or Merry, Girl of 1000 Gimmicks.

She marries Brainwave (villain) and they have a son Jr who's already in the show.

She allegedly dies but doesn't really and secretly lives on under an assumed name (Kramer) with her daughter who ends up close friends with Courtney and her mom who doesn't know Slyvesters real name and that Mary's mom is actually his adopted sister in hiding from Brainwave.

That leaves the door wide open for Mary to enter the show taking the role of Gimmix, a tribute to her mom while her brother is basically duplicating their fathers powers as Brainwave Jr!!!!

I think this case is about wrapped up except for the reveals Big Grin

Apparently she's going to meet her real dad next week which if it's played out that way she'll no longer be cousin to Mary and Jr so there's still some connecting the dots to explain how the staff associates with her, maybe it senses the connection from the time she spent with Mary and her mom?

Then again maybe Sam Kurtis will end up being Starmans secret relative of some sort that became the black sheep of the family since the Pembertons in general were wealthy enough to afford Pat as a full time driver mechanic for Sylvester.

Another clue spotted, mom's computer where the e-mail from skurtis61 pops up has an e-mail from "Mary" dated yesterday so it appears mom is still in contact with Mary and her mom which makes sense. Courtney should be as well at some point in the show.

This show just keeps getting better every week!!!

monidaw1
Saturday, July 25, 2020 9:27:47 PM
Shop at My Store
Finding a hole in the timeline now that I've got a chance for a second viewing so lets work thru this again.

Merry Creamer,(notice how close that sounds to Kramer) is adopted by Starman's parents and becomes Gimmick Girl or Merry, Girl of 1000 Gimmicks. In the show they haven't specified yet if it was an adoption or birth sister.

She marries Brainwave (villain) and they have a son Jr who's already in the show.

Brainwave is now Starman's brother in law. Jr now becomes his nephew.

They lure the JLA into a trap killing them and Starman.

This causes allegedly Courtney's dad not to show up for Christmas the same night. (It may turn out he was working the crime scene as a henchmen for the IJLA that night if he's really Sam Kurtis)

Merry freaks out about her brothers death, icicle kills her and makes it look like drowning. Brainwave mentions how cold she felt so that leaves the door open for a recovery with no major brain damage which has actually happened in real life with coldwater drowning victoms recovering after extended periods underwater.

Jr grows up without a mom. Courtney grows up without a dad. Courtney grows up best friends with Mary Kramer

The fly in the ointment here is Mr's Kramer who is unnamed and Mary Kramer were already in a relationship with Courtney and her mom. That makes the timeline not work unless Merry was already living under an assumed secret identity with her daughter prior to all this and the death by drowning and recovery is what promted Courtney, her mom, Mary and her mom to all 4 leave town to resettle elsewhere. It's a bit of a stretch to think she could have hidden a pregnency and a daughter for several years from a telepath like Brainwave also. She'd need a good gimmick for that, maybe something she borrowed from Doctor Fate.

A much smaller fly in the ointment, Sam Kurtis. It's hard to picture mom not immediately going "that's not the guy I slept with and made a baby with if he doesn't look identical. That leaves open the door where maybe Sam Kurtis will end up being Starmans secret relative of some sort that became the black sheep of the family or seperated twin at birth type thing since the Pembertons in general were wealthy enough to afford Pat as a full time driver mechanic for Sylvester and could afford full blown soap opera like twists and controversys. 4 more days until that loose end hopefully gets cleared up.

We still don't have a direct line confirmed yet for Mary Kramer being the daughter or relative of some sorts of Merry Creamer but it's not an uncrossable chasm and at the very least leans toward Mary Kramer eventuially becoming a new version of Gimmix.

Quote:
Jacqueline Pemberton was the daughter of the Golden Age heroine Merry, Girl of 1000 Gimmicks. She created a costumed identity as Gimmick Girl and intended to follow in her mother's footsteps - only to tragically become the victim of a demonic assault on her first mission.

That comic version at least confirms in that reality Merry had a daughter and Jr had a sister. I don't believe Jr is dead now either. I know his mental powers saved him from the collapse.

monidaw1
Saturday, July 25, 2020 10:25:13 PM
Shop at My Store
New clue on the 3rd trip thru watching. The picture Jr picks up in episode 10 off the wall of his mom is never shown close up or completely clear but by freezing it on one tv while using another to freeze Mrs Kramer from episode 1 they appear awfully similar including the nose and hair color.

So what's a good story to connect the dots.

We know Hourman survives. He should know the Merry Creamer/Stargirl connection and rush to check on her, finds her body and helps revive her. He also has family in the area, aka brother who ends up with the boy he doesn't want who becomes the new Hourman.

He helps, funds or encourages the move to California for the two moms and daughters to keep them safe. He also relocated Pat there.

You can substitute Sir Justin the Shining Knight for some of that also since he's been in the area an unknown amount of time and would know the Merry/Starman connection also as well as the secret tunnels to sneak her away.

Later Pat and Courtney's mom meet up at the dinner in the town she used to live in and Pat knew about because Hourman left a trail to it.

The only flaw I can find here is when they meet, the waitress only has one banana left and can't make two deserts but settles for bringing them two spoons and a desert that magically gets served with 2 banana's after being told there was only one left from all the pies. Tongue

Found another easter egg on mom's computer when she sends the e-mail. An e-mail from The RoyalFC Anybody got a 2 of spades? Been looking for one! Help!

Sam was the 2 of Clubs so that may not be a reference to him as much as showing thr Royal Flush Gang as around, active and recruiting which ties in the Gambler and maybe even Green Lantern's villain Hector Hammond. Next thing you know they'll trot out Maxwell Lord who's used the gang in the past to manipulate the IJLA.

monidaw1
Wednesday, July 29, 2020 10:52:44 PM
Shop at My Store
This may be the episode I'm least thrilled with.
SPOILERS TO FOLLOW!!!!!!!!

Biggest frustration by far is I can't figure out what Sir Justin said in the stairwell even backing up and replaying the 3 second line over and over again. queen something maybe, I don't know.

Daddy shows up and turns out to be the creep we expected. They never explain his reason for not showing up 10 years ago on Christmas Eve or really where he's been for the last 10 years. It basically comes down to him wanting the locket as the reason why and they even dropped a big egg about it being made by a jeweler to the "STARS" so there's a connection right there for why the staff started working for Courtney. The staff recognized the locket which must have some Starman family connection. Without it they had to do a whole are you worthy thing with big dramatic overkill on the glowiness without actually having the staff itself explain everything or cause some type of memory flash back for the whole family gathered together. Other than finally having an excuse to replace all those olf fashioned light bulbs with the new energy efficient LEDS now, the only real thing to come from that part of the story is apparently jump starting Sir Justins brain into speaking some unintelligeble dribble.

I'm guessing we'll have to wait until daddy's next visit to find out the connection to Starman and the locket's impotance. He got the unneeded telling off to never come back speech from Pat but it's almost expected now that he'll pop up later, probably as the 2 of Clubs or something Royally and in need of Flushing.

I'm starting to have doubts about if Jakeem is going to show up this season or if Pats son is going to end up with the pen just to get him in the mix.

How many episodes are planned? If it's a full 22 episode season and the main bad guy is on his way to kill the whole family next episode with icy backup if needed, it's hard to imagine this taking another 11 episodes to get to the finish line.

Anyone seen a white horse? We may need one next week.
ratrapp
Thursday, July 30, 2020 1:07:59 PM
Groups: Member
it's only 13 episodes this season.only 2 episodes left for the season but it has been picked up for next season already.
monidaw1
Thursday, July 30, 2020 3:39:29 PM
Shop at My Store
Thank you and that's also very disappointing. Wednesday night on the CW Ap to see the latest episode has been one of the few things in the week to look forward to with excitement. At least it'll be back.

I just got a second viewing in on the store tv and it appears this time I caught where Sam says he got the locket from her grandmother. That should firmly establish a future storyline that hasn't appeared in comics or tv yet connecting Sam to Starman's family directly. If the family adopted one girl (Brainwave Jr's mother) then it's totally possible they adopted a boy as well if there's not a direct blood relation written up. Jewler to the stars made the locket for grandma. They can't get to that this season but I'm sure as great as this show has been they'll get back to it.

I guess that rules out a Green Lantern or Thunderbolt this season also. I hope they at least give us a cool version of the Shining Knight before the season ends. Naming this episode Shining Knight when all we really got is bumbling janitor mostly left an empty feeling. I want more.
monidaw1
Wednesday, August 05, 2020 9:36:41 PM
Shop at My Store
Tonights new episode

WOW!!!!

Followed up with KFC everywhere!!!! Makes me wonder if this filmed prepandemic or recently since it seems last time I got chicken they'd jacked the price of an 8 piece up to $16!!!!!!! Angry As much KFC as they had must have eaten into the budget causing the shorter season.

Just when you're feeling all warm and fuzzy about the episode, they trot out Cerebro with an actual platform. I'm surprised they didn't just go ahead and give him a shiny helmet with cables to complete the X-Men 2 movie plot/look and feel.

Looks like more plot threads left to dangle until next season with a new teenage fiddler in need of a new mommy and some revenge plot.

Daddy's little dragon appears locked up until next season now also and now with a case of the ISA doesn't want me or think I'm good enough blues to dwell on all offseason.

So it's all coming down to one last Wednesday night. Outnumbered by the bad guys, outpowered and that's not even counting Grundy who appears not to be getting loose this season. How's it going to end? Big blow out power up by Shining, I bring the best chicken but still haven't found my horse yet Knight? Big backfeed from Cerebro causing Jr to reform from being absorbed by daddy to save the day? Did anyone remember to pack the pink pen? I know, the dams going to break and drown everyone in the Cerebro chamber while the horse finally appears and flies all but the girl to safety as she stays behind to try and hold back the water.
monidaw1
Wednesday, August 12, 2020 9:17:51 PM
Shop at My Store
That was another great episode!!!

I can't say I enjoyed them wimping out the bad guys to make it possible to have a happy ending but I suppose it had to be done or there wouldn't be a next season.

Solomon Grundy loose to pop up any time they find a new owner for the Lantern.

Fiddler of the future with motivation now that he took mom's advice to smack someone around with his tuba.
The Gambler and Gym Rats should be back for more fun.

Icicle although totally slammed should have survived the truck.

Dragon Daughter running around with Eclipso's gem. Dragon King probably has a healing factor like his daughters.

The cloudy stuff, was that Green Lantern's son Obsidian which would also set up an eventual appearnce by his sister Jade? More likely the Shade which ties in Jack Knight, son of Starman Ted Knight but it would be neat to see Obsidian come out of the meeting somehow.

The Christmas ending wasn't really needed. A little too over the top it felt like.

Now where is Dr Midnight's spare pair of glasses at? It's hard to imagine the glasses themselves being the juice since he was known for fisticuffs. Chuck has to have a mainframe somewhere else that transmits to the glasses and the eventual back up pair that has to exist. Smart enough to build it, smart enough to have a backup.

The Not So shining knight's off to find a horse and some soldiers. I can't see him finding Green Arrow and Speedy since they've been done to death on the CW already. Starman and Stripsey are already in the show. So that leaves the Crimson Avenger, Wing and Vigilante for future seasons and a horse of course.

Six weeks later and the pink pen hasn't found a new user.

Now for your summer break assignment, name how many DC Comics are playing as actual movies in Blue Valley at the start of this episode. For the obvious 1st choice, do you think they at least removed the Confederate flag off the tank? General Lee himself still made the movie poster so I would seem to think it's possible they didn't take the flag off either.