Welcome Guest Active Topics
monidaw1
Monday, July 20, 2020 2:46:58 PM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Quote:
“The Joker War” comes to a city-shattering conclusion as Batman battles The Joker in a brutal, no-holds-barred duel! This is a fight 80 years in the making, and its outcome won’t just change Batman’s life—it will change Gotham City for years to come! Plus, catch the first glimpse of the new villain of the new villain known as Ghost-Maker! And after the senses-shattering conclusion of “The Joker War” come a pair of short stories that will chart what’s to come in Gotham City and Batman. Don’t miss the first showdown between Batman and Clownhunter!

So it looks like 100 will be 1st appearance of Ghost-Maker. I lost track, which issue is suppossed to be 1st Clownhunter?
lcfrick
Monday, July 20, 2020 3:53:26 PM
Groups: Member
This makes me wonder when/if DC is going to go with a legacy numbering for Batman.

They're well past 750, which is where they went back with Flash and Wonder Woman.

Batman #101 would be #865 legacy numbering, so they could easily switch over at #875, or wait another year for it to get close to #900.

But boy, DC sure loves their cash-cow of dumping first appearances in Batman.
Thundercron
Monday, July 20, 2020 4:29:49 PM
Shop at My Store
lcfrick wrote:

But boy, DC sure loves their cash-cow of dumping first appearances in Batman.

I remember when a character's popularity was organic. New characters debut all the time. It was up to the reader to decide which ones had staying power.

Now DC has to tell us that we need to care about some new character, complete with checklists of what issues we should get, along with the appropriate hype. I guess if the speculators fall for it, then that's all that matters.
monidaw1
Tuesday, July 21, 2020 8:34:54 AM
They almost hooked me into participating in the mad dash to be one of the 1st 20 stores to want 500 copies of the "Team Cover" but with the $2500 buy in plus shipping, having to pay DC directly at some time they wouldn't specify and not having the qty count towards any of the other variants even though they were only giving 40% OFF cover price had me bail on the idea. For that much it sounds like chasing a couple 500 qty variants from Marvel would make more sense long term. With all the custom store covers and the incentive variants Batman 100's going to be a massive print run it looks like watering down any 1st appearance potential thru overproduction.
lcfrick
Tuesday, September 15, 2020 12:05:01 AM
Groups: Member
So I was all prepped to start a thread about a realization that I had the other day.

My speculation that was between Batgirl ending at #50 and Barbara Gordon having to rip out the implant that allows her to walk (and after having it reinserted and told that if it comes out again... it won't work anymore), was that Barbara Gordon may end up going back to being Oracle.

And just to see if anyone else had the same idea, I did a quick search and... 4 pages of Batman #100 have been released showing Barbara Gordon working as Oracle again. Maybe it's permanent, maybe it's not, though I would certainly welcome it being permanent, her as Oracle was one of my favorite post-Crisis supporting Bat-family characters.

So, rather than a new thread, just a post in this one about Batman #100.

My only worry about Batman right now is that they're going to use Dark Nights: Death Metal to reset continuity again and erase Joker War and Alfred's death.
Kevinbruns
Wednesday, September 23, 2020 12:52:15 PM
Groups: Member, Subscriber
I hope they dont. I think it would be an incredibly lost opportunity to explore the fallout with Damian if they retcon everything right away, and I would hope there is not pressure to bring Alfred back before the next movie comes out. (as has happened in the past (with Bruce) which caused the knightfall arc to be shortened)

I am glad that, with DiDio being fired that they put the cabosh on another #1 reset. Short term sales tactics to bump volume drives me insane, and I wish they would just get back to legacy numbering already. Flash has been restored, WW restored, Tec restored, Action restored.. makes it easier collecting as well.