Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » Comic Book Talk » Creator's Corner » Our Exclusive Variant Cover I Commissioned for BANJAX, Homage to "Demon in a Bottle"

Our Exclusive Variant Cover I Commissioned for BANJAX, Homage to "Demon in a Bottle"

CaptainIronLantern
Tuesday, September 29, 2020 3:07:59 PM
Groups: Member
My name is Jason Bennett and I am the chief editor and a writer for PopCultHQ, a pop culture media company which specializes in comics, cosplay, and conventions. This morning, we just made available an Exclusive Variant cover for Action Lab: Danger Zone's BANJAX #1. It features an homage to Bob Layton's iconic IRON MAN #128 "Demon in a Bottle" cover. For our cover, which is limited to a print run of 250 copies, BANJAX's Laird Mason is facing his struggles - not with alcoholism like Tony Stark, but with the street drug Zap (prominent in the series). Ringo Award-winning creator/writer Rylend Grant (ABERRANT) hooked us up with his BANJAX (2020 Ringo Award-nominee for Best Series) creative team to create this beautiful homage - illustrator Fábio Alves (2020 Ringo Award-nominee for Best Cover Artist), colorist Edson Ferreira (2020 Ringo Award-nominee for Best Colorist), and letterer HdE (2020 Ringo Award-nominee for Best Letterer).

Our variant:

Side-by-side comparison: