Welcome to 2021!!!
Last year was not the easiest for anyone but I hope that you all have gotten through it safely and retained your sanity. It's been touch and go here in The Hall same as everywhere but I think that happier times are upon us!
Positives of last year for me were the expansion of my warehouse space which has allowed me to have much better organization for my inventory and makes everything easier to access. I met my goal of listing 26 long boxes of comics and actually exceeded it by 6 with a total of 32 boxes listed. A low average of 225 comics per box means that I added more than 7,000 books last year!
I have been a consistent Top 10 Store in sales on CCL this year as well with several Top 5 finishes including #2 overall in December! Congrats to Bucky's Comics for his #1 finish!
So far I have been hovering between 35,000 and 36.000 comics for sale and I am striving to hit 36K and stay above that. If I hit my stride hopefully I will get there by late Spring/early Summer and by the end of the year end up at 36K+. I certainly have the inventory to do that and I am always acquiring new stock.
I did have to increase my shipping prices slightly. This is the first time since I have been open here that I have done that and sadly the USPS has raised their prices numerous times in the last several years. The base rate has gone from $3 to $3.25 and Free Shipping has gone from $25 to $27.50. I want to stress that I do not make money off of shipping. I consistently lose money due to shipping. That's fine, I understand that it is a cost of doing business. I merely want to come closer to breaking even. Purely a business decision and one I struggled with. Thanks for understanding.
I have also altered my International Shipping option. Rates change so frequently that I am having trouble keeping track. In lieu of having a set rate I now am asking that you contact me before purchasing. Tell me your location and the approximate number of comics that you want and I will respond with a shipping price.
I still have an International Shipping Service - details below!
So here is my Goal for 2021
I will meet or exceed the number of boxes that I listed last year.
Last year I got 32. This year I will try to do at least that or more. Cue Yoda, "There is no try, only do!" So there you go.Long Boxes Listed: 0
Number of Boxes Needed To Reach Goal: 32
I am working now on Velocity stock. Probably going to be two boxes and they should be ready by the middle of next week. I will post more details at that time.
In the next couple of months I will be posting more of the Velocity stock, couple hundred Atlas comics from the 1970's, three boxes of Archie Comics, a box of extremely odd, very rare Independent comics, more Gold and Silver and that's just the tip of the iceberg.
Thank you very much for all of your support of Hall of Heroes! I will continue to try and offer you the best quality, consistency and variety of comics that you deserve. Hall of Heroes Store PoliciesNEWFree S&H for orders of $27.50 and up.
- This option is for Media Mail to the US only. I have separate pricing for Priority Mail and International ordersALL Comics come bagged and boarded
- Gold and Silver books will always come in Mylar bags no matter what cost or condition. Some other (but not all) high dollar comics will be in Mylar as well. If you want all of your books in Mylar please send me a PM. Every* order ships in a cardboard box
*International orders ship in a Flat Rate Priority Envelope with cardboard packing - if you want 6 comics or fewer it might be cheaper to use First Class International, please send me a PM.ALL orders come with tracking or customs form number information
- Also, I only mark an order as "Shipped" after
I have dropped it off with the Post Office. Notification will be sent as soon as possible thereafter, usually within 24 hours.Grading
- I do my best to grade judiciously and impartially. If you have a disagreement with a grade I have assigned to a book then please contact me with your concern. I am not perfect. I make mistakes but I would never intentionally misrepresent a book's condition. I am always trying to improve and graciously accept constructive criticism.Fast Shipping Promise
- All orders will ship no later than the next business day or you receive a free comic of my choice. Friday orders will ship no later than Monday. Sometimes I am able to ship on Saturday but not always. If your order is in before 3PM it will usually ship same day.International Shipping Program (ISP) - If you want to buy something from a CCL Store that doesn't offer International Shipping I will buy it and then send it to you for a nominal fee - 10% or $5 whichever is less. You DO NOT need to make a purchase from my Store in order to use the Service. Please send me a Personal Message with details.Combine With eBay
- If you want to buy something from here and my eBay store
then I will combine shipping. Not only that, but my Free Shipping option of $25 or up will count toward the combined total between the stores. So if you buy $15 here and $10 there I will ship together for free! Please make sure you send me a PM (Personal Message) here to alert me that you have ordered from both platforms. Please do not contact me on eBay for this offer as I'm sure they would probably frown upon it.
If you are a Newsstand collector feel free to PM me and I will let you know if my copy for sale is newsstand or Direct.
I return Feedback when I receive it. My reasoning behind this is until I hear back from you I don't know if you have received your package and if you were happy with it or not. If you leave me a Rating and I don't reciprocate please remind me. I stay on top of it as much as I can so it's usually not a problem. If there is a problem that causes you to consider leaving non Hero feedback PLEASE contact me and allow me the chance to make things right.
I will provide scans upon request. If you want one be sure to send me your e-mail address and I will get it right out.