Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » CCL News » CCL Desktop Software » Possible Solutions for updating prices annually using Price Guides in PDF formats (ex. Overstreet)

Possible Solutions for updating prices annually using Price Guides in PDF formats (ex. Overstreet)

babyshoe513
Sunday, January 17, 2021 2:49:52 PM
Groups: Member, Subscriber
Hello,

I've been using this software for quite some time and definitely regard it as way more stable and configurable then other applications I have tried in the past.

I currently have a sizeable collection that I plan on passing on to my wife\children\grandchildren\etc.

I'm strictly a buyer, I've never sold or felt the need to.

However after realizing that I will sooner pass my collection on to family that may want to sell them for whatever reason, I'm going to start the daunting task of grading and pricing my comics as they are currently valued for 2021.

I'm in a high stress software development job so I welcome the distraction of looking over my collection for any reason.

My only concern is that while the grading will remain a constant because i am extremely careful with handling what i have. I would like to keep track of the price fluctuations from year to year not only for my reports but also for a floating insurance policy I plan to get once my task is complete for this calendar year.

Overstreet 2020-2021 can be downloaded via PDF and hopefully converted to Excel. If this is possible does your dev team have any suggestions on how i can import updatd pricing from year to year without having to do it manually. If i was able to develop something internally does that get me in trouble with you and your IP?

Sorry for the long winded topic.

Thanks
Thundercron
Sunday, January 17, 2021 11:30:02 PM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Good question. Sounds like something the owner could answer. I'd ask him directly via the messaging system here. His handle is simply "Joe." He's generally pretty accessible.
pottersan
Monday, January 18, 2021 8:13:24 PM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
babyshoe513 wrote:
Hello,

I've been using this software for quite some time and definitely regard it as way more stable and configurable then other applications I have tried in the past.

I currently have a sizeable collection that I plan on passing on to my wife\children\grandchildren\etc.

I'm strictly a buyer, I've never sold or felt the need to.

However after realizing that I will sooner pass my collection on to family that may want to sell them for whatever reason, I'm going to start the daunting task of grading and pricing my comics as they are currently valued for 2021.

I'm in a high stress software development job so I welcome the distraction of looking over my collection for any reason.

My only concern is that while the grading will remain a constant because i am extremely careful with handling what i have. I would like to keep track of the price fluctuations from year to year not only for my reports but also for a floating insurance policy I plan to get once my task is complete for this calendar year.

Overstreet 2020-2021 can be downloaded via PDF and hopefully converted to Excel. If this is possible does your dev team have any suggestions on how i can import updatd pricing from year to year without having to do it manually. If i was able to develop something internally does that get me in trouble with you and your IP?

Sorry for the long winded topic.

Thanks
If this happens, I nominate this guy for the Nobel Peace Prize.....

If I don't have what you need, please check out these other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, ComicVortex,The Goblin's Cavern, Manhattan on Mars, Edgewood Comics,Hall of Heroes

Please visit my wonderfully amazing eBay store for loose figures, CDs, DVDs and much more; Alpha Comics.

AlacrityFitzhugh
Sunday, February 07, 2021 1:16:19 AM
Groups: Member
Yah, the desktop software is pretty much done, sadly. Any further development will happen on the website, IIUC.

-- Alacrity