Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » The Water Cooler » Life Outside of Comics » My Ongoing Background Artist Experience

My Ongoing Background Artist Experience

4 pages: 1 2 3 [4]
MoonKnight1
Sunday, March 21, 2021 9:09:30 AM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Thundercron wrote:
MoonKnight1 wrote:
Got a Negative on my Covid test so I am in! Dancing

Filming on Monday. Gotta get into character so anybody got any 'ludes I can score? Silly

Nice! Speaking role, or as an extra?

Just background for now. never know, sometimes they pick someone out of the crowd for a speaking line.

Either way, it's probably just going to be a one and done thing. The casting company is one that I have used before, and they know me. They are also doing the Walking Dead spinoff World Beyond that I'm hoping they will use me for. Daydreaming
MoonKnight1
Sunday, April 04, 2021 5:00:06 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Did it!

Actually couple of weeks ago but haven't had the time to post about it yet. Had to take another Covid test day of and I'm still clear. Whew!

It was really cool being out there again! Driving around town lately I keep seeing the yellow and black signs with the arrow pointing toward the set and thinking, "Man, I could be there right now!". It is very addicting.

They closed down Main St. in downtown Richmond for half the day on a Monday and were diverting traffic around. There were some upset drivers I tell you! My character was a homeless guy basically. They had me in tattered clothing and dirtied me up with mud and spray tan to make me look like I lived outside. I was standing in front of a place waiting to get my drugs and walked in, got them and came out. That's pretty much it. Probably only be a 10-20 second scene.

But, I was very close when one of the lead actresses walked into the building so I should have a good chance at getting screen time! No speaking role this time, they're just not set up for that right now.

It was quite impressive how the crew and everyone did their jobs. I've been on a couple dozen shoots and this one was extremely well managed even though the hurdles were far greater than before with all of the virus restrictions. We had to wear a mask and a face shield pretty much all of the time except when cameras were rolling. I guess that the UV rays from the camera killed the Corona or something. Big Grin

Show isn't coming on until sometime this Summer I think. Don't know for sure. Also don't know which episode I will be in as they didn't write it on my voucher. It will be on Hulu which I don't even have but will probably get a free trial and then just binge watch before canceling.

It was a little weird considering that it was eerily familiar to what happened to my sister this past Summer. The show is a true story about the opioid and drug epidemic in Southern and Western Virginia and the scene I was in took place in Roanoke. That's where Jessica lost her battle with that scourge. So it was pretty strange to say the least.

Good news is that I am on the radar of Walking Dead! The same casting company is doing both shows and they mentioned that I am on the watch list for a possible role. I'm not holding my breath because they teased me twice last year. Shame on You

Still, hope I get on. That would be a crowning achievement. Here's hoping! Daydreaming
Thundercron
Sunday, April 04, 2021 5:43:06 PM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
That's awesome Howie, thanks for the update! Who was the lead actress on the show you appeared in?