Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » Comic Book Talk » Marvel Comics » I HATE THE MARVEL VALUE STAMP!
MoonKnight1
Wednesday, March 31, 2021 11:05:06 AM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Sorry to use the ALL CAPS but I can't say the exact words that I want to. Silenced

This has got to be one of the dumbest ideas in the history of comic book publishing. Encouraging people to defile your mag is just insane. Unless they were hoping that people would buy two - 1 to keep and 1 to cut up - in which case it's absolutely brilliant. Shame on You Devil

Just found this beauty in my unlisted stock:

Captain America! Falcon! Black Panther! Three of the hottest characters in comics right now!

Thought to myself, "Cha-Ching!Cha-Ching!Cha-Ching!) because it is in fantastic shape - Probably VF at worst. Sure enough, Marvel Value Stamp is not only gone but it was roughly torn out. A lot of times at least it is neatly shipped. Not this time. Now it's FR/GD at best.

Damn you, Marvel!!! Wall Shame on You Boo Hoo!
Thundercron
Wednesday, March 31, 2021 11:16:17 AM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
The only time Marvel Value Stamps are good is when you come across the little booklet that was produced that you were supposed to affix the stamps to. However, I've never seen one personally in the wild (or in person at all, for that matter). Which has me thinking--where did all the stamps go to? With all the Marvel books I have seen with stamps cut, I have never seen the actual stamps turn up. You would think if someone sold their bronze age collection that they would also throw in their makeshift booklet or simple pieces of paper stapled together with their stamps on it. But no. It's like these stamps were clipped and then disappeared to history.
MoonKnight1
Tuesday, April 06, 2021 5:16:55 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
I actually did see one of those booklets in person one time. Most of the stamps were in but it was missing a few. Incredible Hulk #181 in particular. Whew!

Makes me think though. does one of the reasons that this book has such an inflated price have something to do with the MVS? Think
Thundercron
Tuesday, April 06, 2021 7:02:29 PM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
MoonKnight1 wrote:
I actually did see one of those booklets in person one time. Most of the stamps were in but it was missing a few. Incredible Hulk #181 in particular. Whew!

Makes me think though. does one of the reasons that this book has such an inflated price have something to do with the MVS? Think

I think it's crazy how much Hulk #181 goes for with the stamp missing. It's like some have resigned themselves into viewing it as a printing defect.
SuperSoldier124
Tuesday, April 06, 2021 9:21:39 PM
Groups: Member
yeah, I agree, it was a dumb idea. I now have a list of all the books I need with MVS and have to ask if the stamp is still intact. I'm to seasoned to settle for less now-a-days lol
add me on xbox live and PSN

PS3: wartorn11b
360: precious blood1