Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » The Water Cooler » Sports » Football Talk -2021 Season
4 pages: 1 2 [3] 4
monidaw1
Friday, September 17, 2021 10:29:30 AM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
https://poshmark.com/search?query=Washington%20Taylor%20Heinicke%20Burgundy%20Jersey&type=listings&src=dir

Just ordered my 1st Heinicke jersey!!! Fanatics and NFLshop sold out while I was debating and at about $40 higher priced than Poshmark.
monidaw1
Friday, September 17, 2021 11:27:16 AM
Shop at My Store
In a night filled with "WHAT WERE THEY THINkING" moments, this one's a real head scracther that even I could have run it on for a score against.

A night of gifts that continued until the clock ran out and beyond.
monidaw1
Saturday, September 18, 2021 12:26:01 PM
Shop at My Store
monidaw1
Tuesday, September 21, 2021 10:17:19 AM
Shop at My Store
Preseason game 3 is upon us. This is the game where the team should finally show up to play and hopefully shows something.

They've been giving up over 400 yards a game so far. Buffalo has a pretty good offense that's been running up and down the field.

They gave up over 100 yards of rushing against Daniel Jones if that penalty away from the play hadn't happened taking the touchdown run off the books. The Bills have a scrambling QB that's better than Jones so that suggests he may hit 150 yards+ scrambling.

Vegas has them losing by 7 or more.

This is the NFL though so let's expect the unexpected. This will be the week the defensive line shows up to play and Chase gets 2 sacks, Sweat gets 1 and maybe a batted ball/forced fumble, Allen, Payne, Ioannidis and a mystery blitzer to be announced get at least 1.

That's a 4 sack day!!!!

Tim Settle gets off the bench and into the game for MORE than 8 snaps of the ball and makes his presence felt.

The rookie middle linebacker gets into the game for 75% of the snaps and finally gets a big play!!!

Gap control, it's not perfect yet but better and the defense only gives up 20 points total!!!!!!

We also get a defensive score for 7 points.

The offense, now that Heinicke finally gets a full week or better plus of practice with the starters and they have time to game plan steps up his game. Another 300+ game featuring more hurry up/no huddle.

Gibson is over 100 in combined yards, Scarey Terry tacks on another 100+ and Patterson finally gets a play or two without a penalty by an offensive lineman calling them back just to add a little excitement. Drooling

Special Teams misses another field goal but the punter has a pretty easy day of it.

Final score, Washington wins 31-20 Big Grin
monidaw1
Sunday, September 26, 2021 11:26:41 AM
Shop at My Store
So it appears universal that every expert thinks Washington looses and one show I watched yesterday now has them finishing 3rd in the division behind Dallas and Philly.

There's going to be a lot of experts disappointed tomorrow!!!!
MoonKnight1
Sunday, September 26, 2021 12:13:00 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Anyone who picked Washington to win is a Moron! Loser Shame on You Big Grin

Howie's Quote of the Week

You better watch what you say, You better watch what you do to me, Don't get carried away - Tom Petty

My eBay Store Hall Liquidations
monidaw1
Sunday, September 26, 2021 2:56:53 PM
Shop at My Store
First half break down.

SOMEONE tell CHASE to STOP accelerating 5 yards too deep to the outside leaving a hole the QB steps up in over and over again including that touchdown pass.

94 Payne is blowing up the middle over and over again but with Chase 5 yards too deep Allen can easily step up and avoid the pressure up the middle and the pressure from Sweat.

Heinicke had a wide open middle of the field he could have taken off and not gotten touched until he was 40 yards downfield but I feel like he was trying to hard to be a pocket passer and stayed 2 seconds too long and forced a bad throw for an INT. Only really bad play mixed in a bunch of great ones.

This game should be a lot closer than it is. Clean up the penalties and have Chase stop overplaying.
monidaw1
Sunday, September 26, 2021 4:35:23 PM
Shop at My Store
Second half breakdown

Chase finally rushes to the inside and Allen runs around the outside and into the end zone untouched. Apparently we don't have a variety of blitz packages to send a little pressure to whatever side Chase isn't blowing thru upfield and out of the play.

Heinicke put two more examples of passing when he should have run. Pump fake on one then instead of running for 5 to 10 yards he passes beyond the line for a penalty and follows that up on the next play with the same bad choice repeated, this time for an interception. Other than those 3 plays, 2 INT's and a penalty where he should have run he looked pretty good again. No-one wants to step up and be #2 receiver though. Too many players dropping balls that hit both their hands.

The D is too stacked to have a zero sack day but it appears to be a formula they're comfortable repeating week after week where the middle gets consistent pressure but the ends, especially Chase are pushed out of the play too deep.

The rookie middle linebacker looked pretty good in the 1st half but I don't even remember seeing him in the 2nd half.

I didn't see any 5-2 D this week so I'm assuming with Matt not making the trip they decided to sink with 4.

It appears to be a tie for high-lite of the day. It's a toss up between Not missing a field goal or Poshmark letting me cancel my order for the Heinicke jersey since the seller hadn't shipped!!!

At least it appears there's a legit shot the 2 loses this year are the 2 teams that may be in the AFC Championship game.
monidaw1
Monday, September 27, 2021 6:40:21 AM
Shop at My Store
HELP WANTED- Defensive Coordinator for a professional football team that can recognize when rushing the same 4 lineman over and over again without help isn't working. Must have the ability to design schemes where 5, 6 maybe 8 people crowd the line with varying numbers rushing the qb on each play so it isn't predictable. Some bump/press coverage to slow receivers down off the line a step or two so the rushers have time to get home.

It's about time for a new nickname for the Predator. I'm leaning towards "OLE'!!!" the sound he here's as the lineman pulls the red cape out of his face as he's passing by harmlessly out of every play.

Player Pass-rush grade Pass rush snaps Pressures generated Pass-rush win%
Jonathan Allen 55.0 43 2 4.7%
Daron Payne 88.8 42 11 28.6%
Chase Young 65.7 41 6 14.6%
Montez Sweat 56.2 36 3 8.3%
Tim Settle 64.8 14 3 21.4%

Daron Payne was a beast in the middle and Tim Settle was pretty good in relief.

Interesting note, Buffalo had 4 #1 picks on their line so the combined total for all 8 #1 picks was 1 sack yesterday. Surprisingly the O Line appears to be the strength of the team when the mix of players was questionable coming in and the D was dreaming of records they can't reach with a ladder.

monidaw1
Monday, September 27, 2021 6:46:45 PM
Shop at My Store

A look at the giant wide open hole he could have run into 2 seconds before floating a bad interception over to the left. That's a fixable problem. He held the ball for 5 seconds when he should have been running at 4 seconds into a hole that big.

Still no sign of hope for the defense after another day of searching for answers. Coach speak at the interview gave up nothing that suggests they can fix it or plan to make any significant changes or even want to take responsibility. Blame it on 1 guy trying to do 11 things instead of coaching failure seems to be the takeaway today.
monidaw1
Tuesday, September 28, 2021 7:21:56 AM
Shop at My Store
Week 3 and Mr Redskin still doesn't have a tackle or sack.

Quote:
DEFENSE
Player T-A SACK TFL TD
Anthony Harris 6-8 0 0 0
Alex Singleton 5-5 0 0 0
Javon Hargrave 5-1 2 1 0
Darius Slay 3-1 0 1 0
Steven Nelson 3-2 0 0 0
Patrick Johnson 3-0 0 0 0
Eric Wilson 2-4 0 0 0
Genard Avery 2-2 0 1 0
Marcus Epps 2-2 0 0 0
T.J. Edwards 2-1 1 1 0
Derek Barnett 1-2 0 0 0
Avonte Maddox 1-3 0.5 0 0
Josh Sweat 1-3 0.5 1 0
Hassan Ridgeway 0-2 0 0 0
Andre Chachere 0-0 0 0 0
K'Von Wallace 0-1 0 0 0
Milton Williams 0-2 0 0 0
Tarron Jackson 0-1 0 0 0

I'm starting to wonder if they are even activating him? Last year thru the 1st 3 games in a limited role he appears to have had 1 fumble recovery, 3 tackles, 2 assists and 2 sacks.

This year zip.
monidaw1
Tuesday, September 28, 2021 11:27:46 AM
Shop at My Store
Technically Buffalo got a sack but apparently we can't credit the 4 1st round picks with it since Heinicke should have stepped out of bounds a step further up the field for no lose on the play and as it was no-one really sacked him so that should be 8 1st round defensive line draft picks in a game for the 1st time in NFL history and a combined 0 zero sacks from them.

Washington is slight favorites over Atlanta but it's still too early to know if Curtis Samuel will be back and if Chase can learn a counter or 3 for getting ridden upfield away from the play. Ron mentioned it this morning on the Junkies interview that there are counters he can use, just no explanation for why he didn't use them already in Buffalo. Loser

monidaw1
Wednesday, September 29, 2021 11:58:19 AM
Shop at My Store
Quote:
Washington WR Curtis Samuel is practicing today, source confirms, which means he must be activated from IR over the next 21 days or be lost for the season.

The clock is now officially ticking. Back or gone for good news to come. They signed Kelvin Harmon back to the practice squad as well. Looks like the young receivers are on notice. I don't get the impression the rookie is up to the task of being the #2 at this point. He seems more suited to the #3 slot where his speed alone should be a problem for many teams 3rd best corner while he learns better techniques for getting off the line and getting separation cleaner and faster. Cam sims didn't take advantage of his chances either so far. Gandy Golden's still on the practice squad so there appears to be options and I'm really hoping to see some 2 tight end sets with the Chilean Superman in the game soon as well.
monidaw1
Thursday, September 30, 2021 6:10:14 PM
Shop at My Store
Weird week
I cancelled the order for the jersey since it wasn't marked shipped after a week and the sellers account was gone. I get the refund from Poshmark. Today the jersey arrives anyway.

and not to be left out, the Redskin Cheerleader was expecting a pink sleeveless top and instead gets this delivered with two labels clearly calling it pink applied. Since this is the 2nd incorrect shipment for the same item from petsmart she now has two outfits for free and still nothing in pink from them.

and just to round out the day, Lunar ships Nice House B covers instead of Swamp Thing A covers for next week so it appears to be a sign that weird unexpected things are going to happen so that must mean Washington's defense is going to show up, play together and get at least 4 sacks and a fumble recovery. Party

monidaw1
Friday, October 01, 2021 3:27:40 PM
Shop at My Store
bluedevil2002
Sunday, October 03, 2021 6:15:05 PM
Groups: Member
So...that 4th and 2 play where Matt Ryan threw from his knee and they flagged Chase Young for "roughing the passer". What exactly was wrong with that play? Chase was making a play on the ball carrier and he only made contact with his arms in Ryan's upper chest and shoulder area.
lcfrick
Sunday, October 03, 2021 9:46:10 PM
Groups: Member
It's such a relief to have the Ravens finish a game in a fashion that didn't give all of their fans heart attacks.
monidaw1
Monday, October 04, 2021 7:47:25 AM
Shop at My Store
Quote:
What exactly was wrong with that play?

I don't think that was roughing at all but I absolutely think he should have been wrapping up and making the tackle so it should have never been an issue. Something's off badly with Chases game this year and yesterday he looked hesitant and/or lost several times.

Remember that Mission Impossible trailer where Tom is jumping off the exploding train onto a ladder dangling from a helicopter? That should be redone for the teams advertising with Tom switched for Heiny.

Excitement and explosions in all 3 phases from long returns for scores and kickers who can't make extra points indoors, to the WORST defense in the league that lets someone wide open every play it seems to Heinimagic giving every play the chance of being an ESPBN highlite/play of the year potential. Loving the offense even if it kills me with a stroke!!!!

I don't even know what to sugest for the defense now. I noticed a lot of 5 to 8 player bunches crowding the line with various numbers coming and still they couldn't get to the most sackable quartback in the league. It feels like the coaching adapted and it still didn't work. I don't think anything is going to work with this group until they go man on the receivers with bump and run on every play to stop these short dink and dunk throws preventing th line from having time to impact the plays. They're giving up big plays to wide open receivers all the time anyway. It can't get worse with man getting burnt occasionnaly I wouldn't think.

MoonKnight1
Monday, October 04, 2021 3:25:59 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
bluedevil2002 wrote:
So...that 4th and 2 play where Matt Ryan threw from his knee and they flagged Chase Young for "roughing the passer". What exactly was wrong with that play? Chase was making a play on the ball carrier and he only made contact with his arms in Ryan's upper chest and shoulder area.

monidaw1 wrote:
I don't think that was roughing at all but I absolutely think he should have been wrapping up and making the tackle so it should have never been an issue. Something's off badly with Chases game this year and yesterday he looked hesitant and/or lost several times.

That was one of the stupidest Roughing the Passer calls that I have ever seen. Where was the "roughing"? Chase barely touched him. I agree with BJ, Chase should have just wrapped him up and taken him to the ground. If you are going to get flagged anyway, no matter what you do, might as well just clean the freaking dude's clock. Angry

The whole thing in the NFL with their "You cannot lay a finger on the QB without incurring the wrath of the Ref unless the quarterback in question is not a player that we like" is farcical.

Howie's Quote of the Week

You better watch what you say, You better watch what you do to me, Don't get carried away - Tom Petty

My eBay Store Hall Liquidations
monidaw1
Friday, October 08, 2021 9:13:46 AM
Shop at My Store
You ever get that feeling we're about to have that shocker game where the offense runs the score up and the d finally shows up and stops the other team? I'm getting that feeling it's this week.

I turn on the Junkies just to have some noise while packing E-Bay orders at 6AM until 10AM and these old guys are soooooo negative and sure of themselves that it gets old fast trying not to flip the channel. Just earlier this week they went on and on about how the Seattle game was a game Washington has guaranteed to lose and how magical Wilson is. It actually influenced my pick this week into going with the Seahawks when I was leaning towards picking the Rams.

This morning they've been extra loud and assertive that the injury situation makes this weekends game a goner and the season is dead starting next week as the team totally falls apart the rest of the way.

Quote:
WFT report for Thursday: Receivers Curtis Samuel (groin), Dyami Brown (knee) and Cam Sims (hamstring), along with Pro Bowl offensive guard Brandon Scherff (knee) - all out.

Gibson's been banged up pretty much the entire time he's been here and still manages to play most games.

Curtis Samuel, Dyami Brown and Cam Sims are out but they have other receivers like Gandy Golden who has the size to take Cam Sims reps and should be ready for the chance to show he belongs here finally. Mckissic catching passes and the magical rookie with an 8 touchdown game on his resume can catch and run so any drop off relying on Humphries can be countered by increased playing time and having a chance to shine. Heineken will have targets to throw to and someone to hand the ball off to.

Logan Thomas is out for 3 weeks on IR but they have seals looking good so far and the Chilean Superman who may be ready to make his NFL debut and the rookie as well so they have options at tight end.

Defense is a little thin at linebacker but hopefully that means they give the rookie a larger roll with more snaps. If you're going to suck anyway, why not let the sucking be part of an overall learning experience for the rookie? Maybe overall whoever they're putting on the field comes in and just does their job and stays in the holes they are supposed to be in and the defense actually improves like last year when Collins went down and the rookie Curl came in and blew people's minds how much better he was and the defense got much better.

This really gives me the itch that it's not the start of the end and the sky falling as much as a surprise first step towards getting their poo together and making a season of it that stretches into January.

The glass is HALF FULL!!!!!!! I guess there's no chance they replace one or more of the negative old junkies with some younger fresh faces representing a more diverse demographic.