Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » Comics Marketplace » The Buyer's Corner » USPS is raising rates and slowing deliveries

USPS is raising rates and slowing deliveries

MoonKnight1
Friday, October 01, 2021 1:59:12 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Starting now and lasting through the holidays as far as I can tell the United States Post Office is increasing the cost of many shipping options and at the same time they will be deliberately slowing delivery times.

Mail Delivery Is About To Get Slower And Pricier Just In Time For The Holidays

Combine this with the shortage of basic comic book supplies like bags, boards and shipping materials and that means that the average cost of our hobby/profession/leisure time activity is going up right now.

Please keep in mind that this is affecting all of us equally whether you are a Buyer, Seller or both.

Howie's Quote of the Week

If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all. - Noam Chomsky

My eBay Store Hall Liquidations
Thundercron
Friday, October 01, 2021 5:22:37 PM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
From the article:

"the U.S. Postal Service will start to "implement new service standards" for first class mail and periodicals — slowing its target delivery time by about 30%"

Now that is some nonsensical double speak right there.
monidaw1
Friday, October 01, 2021 6:01:13 PM
The increase in rates is from the 3rd thru December 26th. It's about 85-90 cent increase to Priority shipments to have the 75 cent leftover after PayPal, E-Bay and CCL fee's to pay the 75 increase.

Silver bags from Diamond are up in price. Boards are still non existent thru Diamond though I'm hoping my BCW order ships next week.

The Postmaster said they'd be increasing surprise inspections and busting Media shipments at the Sandston sorting facility after a spot check last month had 12 out of 13 packages checked not eligible to ship Media which includes comic shipments. Doing away with Media in general seems to be getting some discussion since it's already off the USPS site and is abused so much. No telling how much money is getting stolen from the coffers from people abusing the system.
ratrapp
Friday, October 01, 2021 7:43:49 PM
Groups: Member
anybody had to file a usps claim for a lost package?usps sucks so bad anymore im afraid to buy or ship using usps anymore.fighting with them right now over a lost tool i sent to a friend in nc.its actually in charlotte where he lives but they have no idea where its at and want me to provide proof of when i bought a tool probably 20 years ago.
Thundercron
Saturday, October 02, 2021 1:27:22 AM
Shop at My Store
ratrapp wrote:
anybody had to file a usps claim for a lost package?usps sucks so bad anymore im afraid to buy or ship using usps anymore.fighting with them right now over a lost tool i sent to a friend in nc.its actually in charlotte where he lives but they have no idea where its at and want me to provide proof of when i bought a tool probably 20 years ago.

I had my first ever package straight up go missing in transit over the summer. I filled out a lost mail form, and eight hours later they decided they couldn't find it with a "sorry, can't help you" letter. The package wasn't insured, so that was that.

More recently, I sent a package Priority Mail and insured. The item was marked "delivered," but was not received by the buyer. After ten days, I filed a Missing Mail claim (too soon for an insurance claim). Lo and behold, the package showed up a couple days later. No explanation ever given.
monidaw1
Sunday, October 03, 2021 6:51:58 AM
E-Bay jacked up the price of shipping labels 73 cent this morning so I just finished adjusting all selling platforms up to cover the new screw you for the holiday rates until Dec 26th!!!!