Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » The Water Cooler » Movies » The Batman Trailer
MoonKnight1
Thursday, October 21, 2021 9:22:08 AM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Here you go: The Batman - movie trailer

At least four villains that I could count: Riddler, Joker, Catwoman and Penguin.

Looks like Andy Serkis is playing Alfred. Jeffrey Wright as Jim Gordon.

Pretty wild.

Howie's Quote of the Week

If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all. - Noam Chomsky

My eBay Store Hall Liquidations
Thundercron
Thursday, October 21, 2021 12:27:32 PM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Is Joker in this? I saw Joker gang thugs, but no Joker.

I think Pattinson might actually make a better Matt Murdock (see 1:14 mark). Then again, the Batman/Daredevil comparisons have always been there, so whatever.

Looks good though.
MoonKnight1
Thursday, October 21, 2021 12:31:48 PM
Shop at My Store
Thundercron wrote:
Is Joker in this? I saw Joker gang thugs, but no Joker.

Right about 55 seconds in when Batman was in the jail and interviewing somebody - there's a panel going up and the person's face is obscured, I'm guessing that is Joker. Think Confused Could be wrong but to me it looked like the way they edited it pointed toward him.

Just saw that Carmone Falcone is also a villain in the movie. Getting crowded.

If we don't believe in freedom of expression for people we despise, we don't believe in it at all. - Noam Chomsky

Thundercron
Friday, October 22, 2021 1:03:39 PM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Hmm. Could be Joker.

Can we talk about Penguin though for a minute? Because I don't understand what's going on. First, I didn't know that was Penguin until it was pointed out to me. I also didn't know that was Colin Farrell underneath all that makeup. So what's the point? Why cast Colin Farrell in the role if you're just going to make him totally unrecognizable? With Danny DeVito in Batman Returns, yes, he was pretty unrecognizable too. But his body type matched up perfectly with the Penguin that Tim Burton had in mind, so he was cast in the role. Makes sense. Other actors will at times make themselves unrecognizable for a movie role, but there's usually a point involved. Generally it's to look like a character whose appearance is central to the role (John Hurt in Elephant Man), but more often it's to make the actor look like a specific real life person in a biopic. What's going on here with Colin Farell? He doesn't even look like the Penguin even with all the make up. He just seems like a generic looking Italian mobster type. So why not cast someone that looks like a generic Italian mobster type? Why cast Colin Farrell just to put him through hours of make up to make him look nothing like Colin Farrell OR the Penguin? Was his audition THAT Oscar-worthy that they just HAD to get him for the role? I think the only purpose here is to get people to look at this and say "Hey, that's Colin Farrell, can you believe it? That's Amazing!"

Am I making sense to anybody right now?
MoonKnight1
Friday, October 22, 2021 1:34:25 PM
Shop at My Store
I agree 100%.

Same as you, I didn't realize that he was supposed to be the Penguin until I looked it up. When I did look it up I was surprised to find out that it was Colin Farrell. Yeah, head scratching.

As far as Joker goes. Could be him and could be a red herring. Didn't see anything in IMDB. That is absolutely some kind of "Joker Gang" however so maybe...