Welcome Guest Active Topics
periojustin
Monday, August 29, 2022 7:29:47 PM
Groups: Member, Subscriber
Is there anyway to get a report of all CGC books collected? I have no idea how to run that type of report. Also, will there ever be any major updates to this software? I was under the impression one year ago that this will be a cloud based software soon, but that was a long time ago.
Thanks!
Justin
Spider-Man
Tuesday, August 30, 2022 11:55:59 AM
Groups: Approver, Beta, CR-Management, Member, Subscriber
There is a way, but you have to first add the CGC Graded book into a Collected View list.

You can get a report on any collection of books as long as you put them in a Collected view first.

I will walk you through it in my next post. Let me write it out then I will post it.
Spider-Man
Tuesday, August 30, 2022 12:20:25 PM
To set up a Collected View:

In the software, while in the My Collections tab, click on the Collected box and select Manage My Collected Views. A pop up box will open "My Collected Views". Click on the "New" button on the right. Another box will pop up. Add your new view giving it a name (CGC Graded for example) and a description. Click OK, then OK again to get out of the pop up box.

Go to a CGC Graded book in your collection. Select the book to add to your CGC Graded View. Right click on the book. Hover the pointer over My Collected View and click on the View you want to add this book to.

To make sure it worked, you should be able to select your CGC Graded view under the Collected box and it will show the book you added.

Then go to the Reports Tab at the top of the software. Click on the small down arrow under Collected and select CGC Graded and it should show all the books you have added to that View to print out or export.

You can set up a Collected View for any collection or list of books, character appearances, deaths, first appearances, etc. You just have to do it to each book one at a time. Books can also be in more than one Collected View at a time.

I hope this is clear and works. Let me know if it does.
periojustin
Tuesday, August 30, 2022 9:21:46 PM
Groups: Member, Subscriber
Thank you for responding. I know that I can make that list, I would have to go through all 25,000 books in my collection to find the CGC books. What about doing a search of colelcted books and automatically separating out the books that have a CGC grade. I have over 400 CGC books and want to populate a summary with a push of a button. Can't the sottware search columns for an item and then populate a report??
Spider-Man
Wednesday, August 31, 2022 5:25:50 PM
The CGC Grade column shows up in some reports, so you would think it would be easy to sort it to print only those books. But this software has not been undated for quite a while ( and there does not seem to be any updates coming anytime soon) so anything that we want it to do, it can't.