Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » CCL News » CCL Desktop Software » how to logout of software comic collector live

how to logout of software comic collector live

HeroComics
Tuesday, September 06, 2022 5:54:51 AM
Groups: Member, Subscriber, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
I actually want to be able to switch between accounts... but I cannot figure out a workable scenario. Is there a how to that I am blind to?
BlueMoon
Thursday, September 08, 2022 3:41:52 PM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
I change acct. All the time, but only 1 is a store acct. Don't k ow that you can switch store acct on the same pc.
WEBVG
Thursday, September 08, 2022 5:28:19 PM
Groups: Member
Use a different user on the same computer. You can set them up to have mom, dad, all the kids, etc so each one that gets on the computer has their own stuff. You'll most likely have to redownload and install the software for each additional account individually in that users setup logging out of each as you switch back and forth. Make sure you give each distinct names to keep them separate like Commies, for one, Commodes for the other, etc..
Stupid new names, NOT just for football teams!!!!
HeroComics
Sunday, September 11, 2022 3:20:23 PM
Groups: Member, Subscriber, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
I figured a more clunky way... I use a USB to contain the databases of both accounts, located in the 'documents\midtenmedia' folder.

I already copyied both accounts to a USB, with a new folder that indicates the account name.
Each of these folders contains the ENTIRE 'Mid Ten Media' Folder from the DOCUMENTS folder tree for each account.

To switch accounts, I backup the account currently being used to the proper account to the USB. I then Delete that account from the DOCUMENTS folder, by deleting the entire MidTea Media' folder.

Next I copy the ENTIRE MidTenMedia folder from the new account I wish to access from the upb and drop it where the deleted one was.

When the program starts up, it now contains the new account info.

I like WEBVG's way, because it is more simple.

I will have to delete the account from the computer and set it up for 'this user only'... but
I think overall this might work better.
Thank you WEBVG... I'll let you know if it works.

-JS
UPDATE:
It did work out, but not in the most simple of ways. Local accounts seem to be the best option, but I am trying to find a way to get one drive or google drive to hold all the individual account data so if I choose to, I can use the cloud as a data center for each account.

-JC