Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » Collecting » Trading Cards » 1995 fleer ultra xmen, Spider-Man, metal marvel cards inserts\standouts

1995 fleer ultra xmen, Spider-Man, metal marvel cards inserts\standouts

98greenlude
Tuesday, September 20, 2022 4:46:03 PM
Groups: Member
I have a good deal of 1995 Ultra xmen, Ultra spider man and fleer metal marvel cards. Some full insert sets but and a lot of them in general but the basic sets are 70% or so.
I'd like to know if these have value in singles like this?
Any stand outs I need to look for or give extra protection to?
Also a pile of wizard magazine cards promos and otherwise.

Really trying to figure out which of these cards I should look for to give top loaders too or if grading is the way to go. I have I'd say approximately 200 Spider-Man 125 xmen and 125 fleer metal marvel cards (not the actual metal one's,they are cardboard w metallic coating)

I originally bought 1 wax box of X-Men 2 of Spider-Man and 1 metal back in 95 so I have a variety of everything released in those boxes.

Any help with this would be extremely helpful.

Thanks,
Kevin
SwiftMann
Tuesday, September 20, 2022 8:48:19 PM
Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Subscriber
Sounds like it's a lot of the highly published sets. Sets I have and love.

Complete base sets go for $30-50 depending. Inserts are anywhere from $3-15 depending on which character and set.

Wizard inserts are pretty common, although some still pull in $5-10 depending on character or if they are variations like gold foil.

My store has been getting a lot of these in lately and we usually pay about 1/2 value and then eBay them. Seems like the COVID card pop is on a steep decline (the sports card market is cooling too, but not as fast). So cards like these that were mass produced during the 90s trading card peak have little value.

It's not likely that there is a ton of value or anything worth getting graded from an investment/return purpose. Honestly it is likely only a couple inserts will warrant more than a $10 price and graded ones basically go for that plus the cost of grading (that is, no real premium). The single base are all less than $1.

Best way to price stuff is eBay recent sales that actually sold. Or check tcdb.com, although not everything there is priced.
98greenlude
Wednesday, September 21, 2022 4:30:06 AM
Groups: Member
Thanks that's what I was looking to find out thanks