Welcome Guest Active Topics
scaryhead
Saturday, June 27, 2009 3:33:23 PM
Groups: Member
So it's half way through 2009, and so far, a lot of good and bad games have come out. What games have lived up to your expectations and what games have let you down? What games are you still looking forward to later this year? What games have you lost or gained interest in? What older games have you discovered or rediscovered and are enjoying or hating?

IMO...

Resident Evil 5: Amazing! The game is not with out it's issues. I just wish there were more to it now that I've played through the campaign and Mercs Mode a hundred times with my friends.

WWE Legends Of Wrestlemania
: Sick talk about a let down. This was suppose to be a dream game of mine. And while it was fun for the first few days I liked it a lot, but once the nostalgia wares off, the overly simplistic gameplay is just annoying. BIG let down.

Ghostbusters: I love this game. I wish it were longer, had co-op or off line multiplayer, but it's still fun!

I'm really looking forward to...

Batman: Arkham Asylum: Words cannot describe how excited I am for this game. I could write an essay on my anticipation. And everytime there is another news blurb or preview, it keeps looking better and better.

Wii Sports Resort: To this day I still play Wii Sports on a regular basis. I'm looking forward to all the new sports. especially archary. And I'm gonna need Wii motion plau later on, so why not pick it up with a game?

Also...

Later this year I'll be getting a PS3 and FINALLY be playing Metal Gear Solid 4 and probably inFAMOUS (that game looks amazing!) And I may pick up the new WWE Smackdown vs RAW aswell.

All the comic book video game updates, discussions and roasts a nerd like you could ask for! The Comics Console on ComicAttack.net

@andrewEhurst on Twitter!

BurningDoom
Saturday, June 27, 2009 4:28:27 PM
Groups: Beta, Guru, Member
I'm a poor SOB. I'm still buying and playing PS2 and Gamecube games. So my favorites of the year are oldies by these standards:

-Resident Evil 4 - In-freaking-credible!
-Legend of Zelda: Windwaker - Meh.
-Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventure - Pretty fun game using the Link to the Past graphics, but not your traditional Zelda Game.
-Metroid Prime - YES! First-person shooter and sci-fi collide beaurifully in this. And it's great for exploration!
-WWE Smackdown vs. Raw 1-2008 - Love wrestling, and these are the greatest wrestling games ever made! I just wish there were more classic superstars in their rosters.
-Drakengard: The Ancient Gates - The best action-RPG I had never heard of! There are 2 modes of play, one is a third-person open world 3D Action-RPG, the other is a flight-mode shooter while you ride a dragon! Pick this up immeadiatly if you find it!

-Nate-
Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
White_Queen
Sunday, June 28, 2009 12:49:02 PM
scaryhead wrote:

I'm really looking forward to...

Batman: Arkham Asylum: Words cannot describe how excited I am for this game. I could write an essay on my anticipation. And everytime there is another news blurb or preview, it keeps looking better and better.

Wii Sports Resort: To this day I still play Wii Sports on a regular basis. I'm looking forward to all the new sports. especially archary. And I'm gonna need Wii motion plau later on, so why not pick it up with a game?

Looking forward to those as well. I also can't wait for Final Fantasy Dissidia and Organization VIII for the PSP.

infinitespeech
Sunday, June 28, 2009 1:13:59 PM
Wasn't impressed by a lot of what came out so far but these games were pretty good and I actually spent my hard earned money on i'm soooo thankful for Gamefly lol

Left 4 Dead: Great 4 player co-op and just a fantastic game to play on or offline

Street Fighter 4: A little bit of the same but great improvements as well

Ghostbusters: Ditto what SH said Big Grin

Really looking forward to Batman which i'm ticked was pushed back till August, Left 4 Dead twowhich comes out Nov 17th and Tekken 6 along with Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 Dancing, Assassins Creed 2, God of War 3, and FF XIII!!!
Oriasten
Sunday, June 28, 2009 1:56:01 PM
Guitar Hero Metallica

Great song selection, a much longer set list than GH Aerosmith, really good venue selections, and just challenging enough to make me better at other guitar games.

Street Fighter 4, really fun, final boss too hard, as usual.

Wheelman, I haven't played it much cuz I am working on some older games right now but so far I really like it.

Ninja Blade, again I have only played about 30 min of it but WOW, awesome. It's very God of War like.

Guitar Hero Smash Hits, I had always wanted certain songs from the older GH games to be playable in the newer games. This is the next best thing but I must say, about 1/3 of the song choices kinda suck. At least the GOOD tracks make up for it.

Fuel, another game I have played for just a bit, but I like what I see, and GRID was awesome so hopefully the same company can do it again.

Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Blast, who can argue with a platform game for adults? Its Mario with a perv in Hollywood, I like it.

Resident Evil 5, I really never played the others but when I saw the screens for this one I couldn't resist. It looks good and so far the play is good too.

Tom Clancy HAWX, I am a huge fan of Ace Combat, this game ROCKS. There is almost literally no learning curve if you have ever played Ace Combat 4 and up like I have. I am not familiar with the story line of all the other games that this one is supposed to be a part of, but with gameplay like this, its ok for me to be in the dark about a few things.

Lead Guitarist and Vocalist of

Rectifier!

a Progressive Metal band born right here in Greenville SC, home of the Egpytian Death Metal band Nile
Black_Queen
Sunday, June 28, 2009 4:21:35 PM
Dynasty Warriors Strike Force: Okay, so you have to like repetitive hack-and-slash gameplay to have continued with this series. I do, and I'm happy to see another game for the PSP. I like how the characters have their main weapon (a la DW 6), but now they have sub weapons. Granted, the sub weapons are just the other character's weapons, but I like seeing Zhou Yu fight with Xiao Qaio's fans. It makes me laugh. In this game, there is more opportunity for aerial combat, with characters having a limited floating ability. The new Fury adds another level to the Musou, and being the girl I am, I like the new looks in Fury mode. Need to put more time in, but so far, I'm really enjoying it.
ShenValleyInitiative
Sunday, June 28, 2009 4:33:19 PM
So far

Resident Evil 5, Street Fighter IV, UFC 2009 Undisputed, Wolverine: Origins, Burnout: Paradise gets new DLC by the month, so the game still plays like a new one.

Looking forward to

God of War III
Final Fantasy XIII
Batman: Arkham Asylum
Modern Warfare 2
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2
Borderlands
DC Universe Online
infinitespeech
Monday, June 29, 2009 3:52:36 PM
Oh yeah DC Universe Dancing Hopefully that price cut comes for the PS3 so i'll be able to play
scaryhead
Monday, June 29, 2009 6:05:35 PM
infinitespeech wrote:
Oh yeah DC Universe Dancing Hopefully that price cut comes for the PS3 so i'll be able to play

Yeah, it's definitely out for the PS3.
All the comic book video game updates, discussions and roasts a nerd like you could ask for! The Comics Console on ComicAttack.net

@andrewEhurst on Twitter!

junkmonkey
Wednesday, July 01, 2009 7:26:54 PM
I've only gotten a couple of new games this year:

Resident Evil 5- Awesome game, but not as good of replay value as RE4 IMO. I think this is due to choosing chapters instead of having to play thw whole game to get to a certain point. Other than that, great game.

Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts- I was disappointed this was not going to be Banjo Threeie but a racing game. However it is a good game with lots to do after you beat the game. All the classic stuff is in there, Jiggies, notes, the garbled speech, and they even implemented the infamous Stop in Swop system with Banjo Kazooie on the arcade. A good game.

Looking Foward to:

The Beatles Rock Band- This game is going to be so amazing, I am a huge Beatles fan and to play their songs is going to be epic. I am not going to get another new game for a while after this comes out. I am so excited for 9/9/09, it's ridiculous.
JaneJLocane
Wednesday, September 21, 2022 1:56:18 PM
Thanks!
MoonKnight1
Wednesday, September 21, 2022 4:08:08 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
JaneJLocane wrote:
Thanks!

Whoa! Ancient Thread has been Resurrected! Devil

Only person I recognize is Burning Doom. Man, I miss Nate. Crying

Hall of Heroes Quote of the Week

"Don’t flee from yourself. If you have a quality, be proud of it, let it define you, whatever it is." - Pinhead (Hellraiser III)

Check out my eBay store here: Hall Liquidations