Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
2012 Feature Requests (tell us what you want) Options
Xylob
Posted: Friday, July 20, 2012 9:55:52 AM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

I can get onboard with that - also, stop having the site automatically add a black border to every image that is uploaded.

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
scotteaves
Posted: Friday, July 20, 2012 12:27:34 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

Xylob wrote:
I can get onboard with that - also, stop having the site automatically add a black border to every image that is uploaded.

What are you talking about? The thin black line around an image? That's not part of the image - the site doesn't add anything to uploaded images.

Larger images would be nice. It would be awesome to click on an image and get a full size (or at least full screen) image instead of being limited to the small one.

Xylob
Posted: Friday, July 20, 2012 1:31:41 PM

scotteaves wrote:

What are you talking about? The thin black line around an image? That's not part of the image - the site doesn't add anything to uploaded images...
upload an image and approve the CR, check the item (refresh of course if new image) and right-click and download the image you just uploaded and open it in photoshop or whatever - black border around your image.

Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

scotteaves
Posted: Friday, July 20, 2012 1:57:32 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

Xylob wrote:
scotteaves wrote:

What are you talking about? The thin black line around an image? That's not part of the image - the site doesn't add anything to uploaded images...
upload an image and approve the CR, check the item (refresh of course if new image) and right-click and download the image you just uploaded and open it in photoshop or whatever - black border around your image.

I'll be dipped. As many times as I've downloaded images from here to crop/straighten/etc., I've never seen it. You're right - that needs to go.

I've always thought that was just a border around image box on the site.

Xylob
Posted: Friday, July 20, 2012 2:14:34 PM

scotteaves wrote:
...As many times as I've downloaded images from here to crop/straighten/etc., I've never seen it...
That was when I first noticed it and thought maybe it was something the submitter was doing on all of their images. Then saw it on some others, then played around with random item images to make sure I wasn't crazy (on this particular issue that is).

Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747

Xylob's Most Wanted:

EugeneFelikson
Posted: Tuesday, July 24, 2012 3:26:38 PM

Groups: Member

scotteaves wrote:
Give us a way to see which sellers have the MOST items on our wishlist (with prices and conditions) instead of having to check each issue on our wishlist and make notes as to which stores have what issues. I'm not going to buy 1 or 2 issues from 10 different stores and spend over $100 shipping - I'd much rather buy those 10 or 20 issues from 1 or 2 stores to save on shipping.

Applause

I couldn't possibly support this suggestion more.

This is EXACTLY what I want.
canaryfarmer
Posted: Wednesday, July 25, 2012 9:23:11 AM

I would love for the 4-issue wishlist that appears on the front page to grab actual, accurate information about what's actually for sale. Someone here once said that it looks at a separate database than the "actual" wishlist, which is honestly, a pretty terrible idea.

For example, on the front page right now, I see that The Demon Annual #2 is supposedly for sale for $3.00! Sweet!

Oh. NEVER MIND.

(Notice that there's also only 2 available, not the 3 that it initially claimed.)

This happens all the time. What's the point of the front page wishlist excerpt if it's so often wrong? This can't be that hard of an issue to fix.

(Also, that Harely Quinn issue? Just checked, and there are only 2 for sale (not 4), and for $3.50 (not $2.00), so that's half of those four wishlist issues showing wrong information, wasting my time, right there.)

Xylob
Posted: Wednesday, July 25, 2012 9:50:31 AM

I'm sure it's "on The List"...

Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747

Xylob's Most Wanted:

scotteaves
Posted: Wednesday, July 25, 2012 10:35:11 AM

canaryfarmer wrote:
I would love for the 4-issue wishlist that appears on the front page to grab actual, accurate information about what's actually for sale. Someone here once said that it looks at a separate database than the "actual" wishlist, which is honestly, a pretty terrible idea.

For example, on the front page right now, I see that The Demon Annual #2 is supposedly for sale for $3.00! Sweet!

Oh. NEVER MIND.

(Notice that there's also only 2 available, not the 3 that it initially claimed.)

This happens all the time. What's the point of the front page wishlist excerpt if it's so often wrong? This can't be that hard of an issue to fix.

(Also, that Harely Quinn issue? Just checked, and there are only 2 for sale (not 4), and for $3.50 (not $2.00), so that's half of those four wishlist issues showing wrong information, wasting my time, right there.)

This one drives me nuts every time I look at the homepage. I believe the answer from CCL was that it *may* show inventory from stores that have closed or gone on vacation. My answer - then don't show the info from those stores.

I've seen issues show up there with only 1 for sale - ones that I've been looking to track down for years - only to find that there aren't really any for sale. Extremely frustrating and I'm sure it's disappointing to a new member looking to make a purchase. It's an unintentional tease.

LadyJay
Posted: Wednesday, July 25, 2012 10:56:28 AM

Groups: Member, Moderator, Super Hero Showdown Host

scotteaves wrote:
canaryfarmer wrote:

Oh. NEVER MIND.

This one drives me nuts every time I look at the homepage. I believe the answer from CCL was that it *may* show inventory from stores that have closed or gone on vacation. My answer - then don't show the info from those stores.

I've seen issues show up there with only 1 for sale - ones that I've been looking to track down for years - only to find that there aren't really any for sale. Extremely frustrating and I'm sure it's disappointing to a new member looking to make a purchase. It's an unintentional tease.

There's another possible explanation for some of these "phantom" listings. If the books still show in the "for sale" count when a store is on vacation, then it's also possible that if a store closes without first delisting their inventory, any books they had listed for sale may still be reflected in the number of books for sale.

sgriffin
Posted: Wednesday, July 25, 2012 11:14:04 AM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Policies, Member, Subscriber

Jim *may* be able to fix this. That number comes from a SQL query. The question here is whether a more accurate SQL query can be run that excludes the vactioning stores, without making the query too expensive to run all the time (and that particular query runs ALOT on the site).

Megalomaniac Extraordinaire
Jim
Posted: Wednesday, July 25, 2012 12:48:18 PM

I almost forgot about this bug. I'll get it added to the queue. Thanks for reminding me guys.

CCL Android app
CCL Android Free app
CCL Windows Phone app
b0bafett
Posted: Friday, August 17, 2012 2:39:08 PM

Groups: Guru, Member

any updates on the updates
Jim
Posted: Friday, August 17, 2012 3:21:14 PM

b0bafett
Posted: Friday, August 17, 2012 9:18:12 PM

Groups: Guru, Member

Anyway to set-up where you can delete all post in your inbox/outbox at one time
canaryfarmer
Posted: Monday, August 20, 2012 9:35:08 PM

I would love to be able to add a range of comics at one time to a wishlist. Say I want to add Nightwing 1-70. You're already thinking of just how tedious that's going to be currently. Sure would be nice to add them all in one swoop!
Jim
Posted: Monday, August 20, 2012 10:09:50 PM

canaryfarmer wrote:
I would love to be able to add a range of comics at one time to a wishlist. Say I want to add Nightwing 1-70. You're already thinking of just how tedious that's going to be currently. Sure would be nice to add them all in one swoop!

You can do that via the desktop software.

CCL Android app
CCL Android Free app
CCL Windows Phone app
SwiftMann
Posted: Monday, August 20, 2012 10:17:56 PM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

b0bafett wrote:
Anyway to set-up where you can delete all post in your inbox/outbox at one time

Just making sure, but you know you can do a whole page at a time by clicking on the box next to From under the delete button?

"Words have meaning." - my wife
kilroy10145
Posted: Saturday, August 25, 2012 3:22:41 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Nice job lately guys. I like the new update.

While I am here I had a couple of requests. Maybe they've been asked for already, but here goes.....

For sellers, has there been a consideration for a counter for stores? I'd be interested in finding out how many potential buyers are surfing my store. The counter could reset monthly or manually.

For buyers and sellers, (actually I remember seeing this request somewhere) is there a consideration for a number of comics that a seller has in their store that is on my wishlist?

Thanks for your time.
SnakePlyssken
Posted: Saturday, August 25, 2012 4:49:40 PM

I am new to the store/software, but I would like to see:

1) Add via publisher. Instead of searching for the title, also add
a publisher button, if you are adding a whole bunch of titles from one
publisher it's easier to bring up the publisher and all thier titles
that way.

2)Scan in via barcode or through mobile device... have the mobile app
up and running and scan the barcode through the mobile phone, and
it can transmit the data to the app via wifi/cellular or via usb
tether in case you don't have a bonafide barcode scanner.

3) Priceguide to add value to your collection.

4) Through the PC app, highlight the items in your wishlist that
you want more, and have them go to the mobile app and be listed under
a special tab. Example if you know your going to a show and that you
are going to look for a specific set of titles then highlight the
titles in the pc app and then have them listed under a specific tab
in the mobile app.