Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Anyone else having problems with updates? Options
SleepingHooker
Posted: Monday, July 09, 2012 10:40:14 PM
Groups: Member, Subscriber

When I clicked my CCL icon, the program started as normal, running the updates. Very shortly into the process, it stopped and said "task failed - try check for updates later". I then tried by clicking the update button on the software...same result. I've been wrestling with this for about an hour....any ideas? Thanks! Mark
Jim
Posted: Monday, July 09, 2012 10:56:20 PM

Groups: Member

Mine seems to be running fine. Have you tried rebooting?

CCL Android app
CCL Android Free app
CCL Windows Phone app
SleepingHooker
Posted: Monday, July 09, 2012 11:23:53 PM

Yeah, just rebooted again...same thing..."task failed, please use check for updates to try later".
Ugh.
Thanks for your imput, though.
Thundercron
Posted: Tuesday, July 10, 2012 12:45:27 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Happened to me today when I tried adding Uncanny X-Men (2012) to my collection. Rebooted the software, and the same "Task Failed" message would show up once the updates got to that new title. When I removed the title from my catalog, everything would update just fine. I also added other titles to my collection today, and everything updated just fine.
CuriousGoodsNComics
Posted: Tuesday, July 10, 2012 7:03:41 AM

I listed some books and after my program wont update, will try later and report here...Tuesday July 10th 7:03am ct
monidaw1
Posted: Tuesday, July 10, 2012 7:07:44 AM

Shop at My Store

The search engine for all store's screwing up also. It took over an hour last night of trying to get to the Captain America 253 up page. This morning it's starting again trying to get to Avengers 250ish. Four tries yields broken pages but click over to community and it pops right up like there's nothing wrong with the connection itself.

Bamf!!! Photobucket Pages

The_Valiant_One
Posted: Tuesday, July 10, 2012 9:10:46 AM

Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

I'm experiencing a "task failed" as well upon starting up the software. Joe's at the dentist, but I'll ask him to look into it when he gets back in today.

Bear with us - probably something at our hosting company.

The_Valiant_One
Posted: Tuesday, July 10, 2012 10:35:59 AM

Shop at My Store

The_Valiant_One wrote:
I'm experiencing a "task failed" as well upon starting up the software. Joe's at the dentist, but I'll ask him to look into it when he gets back in today.

Bear with us - probably something at our hosting company.

And it was indeed a hosting issue.

Try your software again. Mine loaded up no problem.

Applause Applause
SleepingHooker
Posted: Tuesday, July 10, 2012 6:14:24 PM

Just got home from work today and tried again. After a few pauses, everything did update and my software started as normal.

Thank you to everyone for your responses.

Mark
CuriousGoodsNComics
Posted: Wednesday, July 11, 2012 2:27:14 AM

Rolling on the Floor Rolling on the Floor Rolling on the Floor Rolling on the Floor Rolling on the Floor Rolling on the Floor Rolling on the Floor

heres a new one for ya, I listed 182 issues and my programs stuck in verifying them, havent gotten the confirmation box, that the issues are listed...Rolling on the Floor Rolling on the Floor Rolling on the Floor

if it aint one thing it another...this program is starting to be really UN-reliable...may be time to change some things up, not happy about this or current events of late with ccl, the software and the website issues along with the lack of advertising, been swaying me to do something else...hope things get fixed soon or ill just have to go with my actions based on feelings on these issues...

Yawn
The_Valiant_One
Posted: Wednesday, July 11, 2012 10:40:10 AM

Shop at My Store

CuriousGoodsNComics wrote:
Rolling on the Floor Rolling on the Floor Rolling on the Floor Rolling on the Floor Rolling on the Floor Rolling on the Floor Rolling on the Floor

heres a new one for ya, I listed 182 issues and my programs stuck in verifying them, havent gotten the confirmation box, that the issues are listed...Rolling on the Floor Rolling on the Floor Rolling on the Floor

if it aint one thing it another...this program is starting to be really UN-reliable...may be time to change some things up, not happy about this or current events of late with ccl, the software and the website issues along with the lack of advertising, been swaying me to do something else...hope things get fixed soon or ill just have to go with my actions based on feelings on these issues...

Yawn

Don, there's no guarantee that the listing problem you're having is coming directly from CCL. Call Joe and we'll take a look at it and see what's going on. The problem you're having isn't the same as the problem the topic is about and it ain't like you don't have our number or anything, dude. ;)

spacecitycomics
Posted: Wednesday, July 11, 2012 1:13:09 PM

Of course it could be the 10 inches of rain jacking
up Don's connection out there in the middle of the
Texas saltgrass prarie, or not. Wave
Thundercron
Posted: Wednesday, July 11, 2012 1:14:05 PM

Shop at My Store

The_Valiant_One wrote:

Yawn

Don, there's no guarantee that the listing problem you're having is coming directly from CCL. Call Joe and we'll take a look at it and see what's going on. The problem you're having isn't the same as the problem the topic is about and it ain't like you don't have our number or anything, dude. ;)

Don, I had a similiar problem once when in the middle of a large selling update. Seems CCL was conflicting with my off-site backup company (Carbonite). Now I have to pause my Carbonite back-up when I open the CCL software, or at least set it to back-up just once a day and not continuously.

My two bits...
CuriousGoodsNComics
Posted: Thursday, July 12, 2012 12:10:47 AM

its working again...for now, and for your information Steve-O, you dont want to speak with me right now, im not in a good mood and its better that we dont speak...for now...too much stress and its got me good and (banned) off as of late....not your fault just don't want to mess anything up here on ccl...keep on keeping on...At Wits' End
The_Valiant_One
Posted: Thursday, July 12, 2012 10:07:01 AM

Shop at My Store

its working again...for now, and for your information Steve-O, you dont want to speak with me right now, im not in a good mood and its better that we dont speak...for now...too much stress and its got me good and (banned) off as of late....not your fault just don't want to mess anything up here on ccl...keep on keeping on...At Wits' End

Yeah, but that's what family's for, man. And we're family :)

I'm glad it's working again and one of the guys made a good point...there's LOTS of reasons why some things don't work involving CCL, some of which come from us and some that don't. Most of the time, CCL is the automatic blame of them. lol But we're always available for help on things like this and in the forums it's VERY difficult difficult to diagnose a computer problem.

But again: 615-264-4747 ext 101 or 103. Always around for ya.

bkruby
Posted: Tuesday, July 24, 2012 8:04:34 PM

logged on tonight and I'm getting the "task failed" while the software is updating ... any fixes for this?

Thanks!
Jim
Posted: Tuesday, July 24, 2012 11:36:29 PM

Seems to be working again. Likely (yet another) problem with the hosting company...

CCL Android app
CCL Android Free app
CCL Windows Phone app
Xylob
Posted: Wednesday, July 25, 2012 7:10:43 AM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

"Check for Updates" just sits there doing nothing, showing the very first item in my collection....
Sure would be nice if I could open the comic book cataloging software on comic book day.

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
frizzlefryd
Posted: Wednesday, July 25, 2012 8:21:01 AM

I just ran updates, no problems. Intermittent hosting problems, maybe?
darkgambit
Posted: Wednesday, July 25, 2012 8:30:06 AM

Yeah, same problem here as mentioned. It gets to about the "D"s in my list and says try again later.