Welcome Guest Active Topics
Anyone else having problems with updates? Options
Reggie
Posted: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 9:29:04 PM

Groups: Member

freakdylan wrote:
Mine is frozen as well.

Looks just like normal but with dead eyes,lol
Seriously is staring at me, cant close unless I CNTR/ALT/DEL cant click on anything is just an ugly background image now. been trying to get it to work for about an hour and nada.

I think it may be a zombie.............I swear I hear it whispering BRAINSSSSSS

I have been having the exact problem all day. The software freezes up. It updates fine then when the software opens it completely freezes. Can't close it out or anything. I end up using Ctrl/Alt/Delete.

Reggie
Posted: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 9:56:27 PM

freakdylan wrote:
The_Valiant_One wrote:
Is it updating like normal?

Just restarted it to see and updated great, opened then froze. So while it was updating i turned off the "on startup" update and now it works. Well for now, I still think it is staring at my brains.

Tried the same. Turned off the updating "on Startup", closed everything out, now I'm able to use the software. I just can't update without crashing.

comicscastle
Posted: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 10:11:27 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

All this made me curious so I just opened my software. Everything updated and processed just fine.

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-owned & operated by Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Comic Cellar

CuriousGoodsNComics
Posted: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 10:14:12 PM

Ive left a message at the ccl main office number "goloco media", I ask that it be forwarded to Joe or Steve...

either ccl will be working or not working but i deserve to know which and if ccl will not be working to my satisfaction(accountability) and running correctly, i will not be here. if i do not have the opportunity to be profitable with my curious goods and comics store and if the publishers who are also involved with me over at red beryl comics distribution can not be profitable due to lack of operating expertise we need to make a move. the reason we are here as seller registered with ccl is to be and have that option to sell items if we do not have that minimal option and were paying for that i feel cheated and I will not let that happen.
CuriousGoodsNComics
Posted: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 10:14:48 PM

comicscastle wrote:
All this made me curious so I just opened my software. Everything updated and processed just fine.

right...
CuriousGoodsNComics
Posted: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 10:16:34 PM

Reggie wrote:
freakdylan wrote:
The_Valiant_One wrote:

Just restarted it to see and updated great, opened then froze. So while it was updating i turned off the "on startup" update and now it works. Well for now, I still think it is staring at my brains.

Tried the same. Turned off the updating "on Startup", closed everything out, now I'm able to use the software. I just can't update without crashing.

and thats ok with you?
LadyJay
Posted: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 11:25:26 PM

Groups: Member, Moderator, Super Hero Showdown Host

comicscastle wrote:

Same here, I've been working with it and updating most of the evening with no problems.

Thundercron
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 2:09:45 AM

Shop at My Store

I've been monitoring this thread from work. Just got home (short night!), and fired up the software just find. Now I'm ready to start loading up an "M" box I just got out of storage.

Honestly, every time I've had a persistant problem with the software (ie, something that keeps going wrong for days on end), it's ALWAYS been a problem with my oomputer. But I've always been able to figure it out, even if it meant calling Joe and having him hold my hand through the process. Usually it was a conflict with Carbonite, or some other anti-virus software. One time I had all my CCL updates being saved in some incorrect place on the computer, so every time CCL would start up it wouldn't pull out the newest updates for me.

Reggie
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 7:40:08 AM

CuriousGoodsNComics wrote:
Reggie wrote:
freakdylan wrote:
The_Valiant_One wrote:

and thats ok with you?

No. Actually its not ok with me. The software still freezes up after running a few minutes. I don't have any problems with the updates. It updates fine. A lot of people keep saying theirs' updates fine. Yeah, so does mine. Its not the updates its the actual software that is freezing up after the updates are made. It worked for a little while after I turned off the "update at start" option then crashed later. I will check it again today when I get home from work. CCL has run flawlessly since I've had it back in 2007 until about the last few months. Thats when I started having problems here and there. Nothing as aggravating as this though.

scotteaves
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 8:20:42 AM

Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

Reggie wrote:
Reggie wrote:
freakdylan wrote:
The_Valiant_One wrote:

and thats ok with you?

No. Actually its not ok with me. The software still freezes up after running a few minutes. I don't have any problems with the updates. It updates fine. A lot of people keep saying theirs' updates fine. Yeah, so does mine. Its not the updates its the actual software that is freezing up after the updates are made. It worked for a little while after I turned off the "update at start" option then crashed later. I will check it again today when I get home from work. CCL has run flawlessly since I've had it back in 2007 until about the last few months. Thats when I started having problems here and there. Nothing as aggravating as this though.

All of that means it's most likely NOT an issue with CCL itself. If it updates and runs, it's not CCL. It's most likely something else on your computer that's causing it to freeze up. Try disabling your anti-virus for a bit to see what happens. What Windows patches have been installed lately? Both of those are items that could be causing this. Is this the same computer you've used since 2007? It could be a hardware issue - CPU overheating, bad sector on hard drive, memory that has become corrupted, etc.

I've had CCL open for 6-8 hours a day for the last 3 days and never once did it freeze - been adding titles and issues to my collection, submitting CR's, removing issues from my collection. Not one problem in 3 days of pretty constant usage.

Truth is - the ONLY time I've had an issue with the software was when the database crashed a few weeks ago. That was the only time I wasn't able to get updates.

Joe
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 10:25:20 AM

Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Member, Subscriber

Testing email

Joe Butler
Founder / CEO
Comic Collector Live

The leader should be the person capable of abstract thought!
(From the movie "O' Brother where art thou")

http://www.ComicCollectorLive.com

Joe
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 10:26:16 AM

Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Member, Subscriber

Joe wrote:
Testing email

It worked. Jeesh! Finally...

Joe Butler
Founder / CEO
Comic Collector Live

The leader should be the person capable of abstract thought!
(From the movie "O' Brother where art thou")

http://www.ComicCollectorLive.com

freakdylan
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 11:31:13 AM

either ccl will be working or not working but i deserve to know which and if ccl will not be working to my satisfaction(accountability) and running correctly, i will not be here.

Watch that temper, you know what happens when you get mad :)

So just opened mine up and worked good.
Added some new titles to my database
Added some new variants for approval
even updated the software

So far no glitches.

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicsCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

SwiftMann
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 11:41:47 AM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

comicscastle wrote:

I was going to post something similar last night.

[knock on wood] I haven't had software issues since I updated my CPU a couple years ago. Prior to that, it was super slow and would freeze up regularly.

"Words have meaning." - my wife
CuriousGoodsNComics
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 1:04:24 PM

we will keep at it of course...I just don't like to be like the president and hope that I win the re-election...I don't want to hope ccl works today...if its either the software or the website...the 2 services that ccl has to offer...then they should at the minimum be working no matter what.
Jim
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 1:33:27 PM

Don't worry, no one thinks you're the president.

CCL Android app
CCL Android Free app
CCL Windows Phone app
CuriousGoodsNComics
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 1:37:30 PM

Jim wrote:
Don't worry, no one thinks you're the president.

yeah? well your the fix-i.t. guy right? then get back to work fixing stuff!
Jim
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 1:41:36 PM

If(Memberprofile != CuriousGoodsNComics)
{
MakeItWork();
}
Else
{
BustEverything();
Write-Log = "Rejoice!";
}

CCL Android app
CCL Android Free app
CCL Windows Phone app
The_Ghost
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 1:43:23 PM

Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Media Host, Member, Moderator

Damn.

Hey, true believers! Join your fellow comic book and sci-fi lovers on my NERD NATION Facebook page! Join us today and get your nerd on!
Nerd Nation
CrossbowComics
Posted: Thursday, September 27, 2012 3:50:45 PM

Shop at My Store

This is one of the slowest months of the year, if not the slowest, it's a good time to do some tinkering.

Yeah it's frustrating but it's nice to see the effort & people are still placing orders, albeit small ones. Having a smooth site by the holidays would be good. Still gotta extend the life of the shopping cart, I'm doing a lot of buying lately & it's frustrating that I can't go out for a coffee break without it emptying; a couple hours would be nice.

Doug at Treehouse

future home - TreehouseComicShop.com