Log In Forums Help
Comic Collector Live
Home :: CCL Messageboard
Find Comics for Sale
Items For Sale
All Comics For Sale
New Releases
CGC Comics
Bundled Lots
Store Locator
Search Library
Search By Title
Publisher
Story Arc
Character
Credits
Release Date
Change Request Manager
News & Reviews
Reviews
News
Our Products and Services
Get the Software
Buying Comics And Stuff
Selling Your Comics
Opening A Store
Community
Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Move to SD card Options
Inking_Zanziber
Posted: Wednesday, September 05, 2012 5:06:12 PM

Rank: Watcher
Groups: Member, Subscriber

Joined: 2/15/2009
Posts: 502
Points: 11,353
Location: Salem, Oregon
Why is it I can't move CCL to my SD card?

John "Zanziber" Rogers - @ZanziberPoV

Zanziber's Point Of View

Jim
Posted: Wednesday, September 05, 2012 6:06:18 PM

Rank: CCL Mobile App Dev
Groups: Member

Joined: 6/16/2007
Posts: 10,419
Points: 10,096,227
Location: Everett, WA
What do you mean? The CCL app doesn't save anything to your device other than temporary storage for images. There is nothing to move to your SD card.

CCL Android app
CCL Android Free app
CCL Windows Phone app
Xylob
Posted: Wednesday, September 05, 2012 6:32:23 PM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Joined: 8/12/2007
Posts: 8,041
Points: 65,450
Then what "installed" (and where?) when I bought it?

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
scotteaves
Posted: Wednesday, September 05, 2012 7:52:23 PM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

Joined: 6/24/2008
Posts: 5,531
Points: 428,795
Location: Hawthorne, NJ
Xylob wrote:
Then what "installed" (and where?) when I bought it?


There's normally some built in memory for app storage/OS/etc. That's where most things install to by default.

scotteaves
Posted: Wednesday, September 05, 2012 7:56:48 PM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

Joined: 6/24/2008
Posts: 5,531
Points: 428,795
Location: Hawthorne, NJ
ErrantEntertainment wrote:
What do you mean? The CCL app doesn't save anything to your device other than temporary storage for images. There is nothing to move to your SD card.


EE - Many apps allow themselves to be moved to an SD card instead of having them installed in the phone's main memory. You can see the button for it when you go into the installed Application list and click on one. It's on the screen that tells you the version, has an Uninstall button, tells how much storage the app is using, etc.

The CCL app has the Move to SD card button grayed out. At first I thought it was because of the size, but when looking on my phone I see smaller apps that can be moved and larger ones that also cannot be moved.

Jim
Posted: Wednesday, September 05, 2012 8:20:55 PM

Rank: CCL Mobile App Dev
Groups: Member

Joined: 6/16/2007
Posts: 10,419
Points: 10,096,227
Location: Everett, WA
Ah okay. I understand what you mean now. I didn't realize that was an option for Android apps. Probably won't be much of a problem to fix up though. I'll drop it the next release. Thanks for the clarification, Scott!

CCL Android app
CCL Android Free app
CCL Windows Phone app
scotteaves
Posted: Wednesday, September 05, 2012 9:47:46 PM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

Joined: 6/24/2008
Posts: 5,531
Points: 428,795
Location: Hawthorne, NJ
ErrantEntertainment wrote:
Ah okay. I understand what you mean now. I didn't realize that was an option for Android apps. Probably won't be much of a problem to fix up though. I'll drop it the next release. Thanks for the clarification, Scott!


Not sure whether it's an option in the Android SDK or something else, but now that you know about it I'm sure you'll figure it out.

I'm not sure I see the real value in it with a 300K app though. As it grows to have more features, I could see it being useful. If someone really needs to free up space, I'd have to think there are larger apps to be moved for space.

Jim
Posted: Wednesday, September 05, 2012 9:50:30 PM

Rank: CCL Mobile App Dev
Groups: Member

Joined: 6/16/2007
Posts: 10,419
Points: 10,096,227
Location: Everett, WA
scotteaves wrote:
ErrantEntertainment wrote:
Ah okay. I understand what you mean now. I didn't realize that was an option for Android apps. Probably won't be much of a problem to fix up though. I'll drop it the next release. Thanks for the clarification, Scott!


Not sure whether it's an option in the Android SDK or something else, but now that you know about it I'm sure you'll figure it out.

I'm not sure I see the real value in it with a 300K app though. As it grows to have more features, I could see it being useful. If someone really needs to free up space, I'd have to think there are larger apps to be moved for space.


That is what I thought too but if people want to move it then I don't mind allowing them too. When I get around to implementing the feature to store your collection locally it will become a big deal so knowing how to change dir's will come in handy.

CCL Android app
CCL Android Free app
CCL Windows Phone app
Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

This page was generated in 0.151 seconds.

ADVERTISEMENT . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
All images on comic collector live copyright of their respective publishers. © Copyright 2008, MidTen Media Inc. GOLO231