Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
ASM ending?! Options
freakdylan
Posted: Thursday, November 01, 2012 9:18:38 AM

Groups: Member

SpidermanGeek wrote:
I just want the Marcos Martin cover.

Only one I wanted was the Ditko cover, as he is only one who really contributed to Spiderman. If Marvel was smart, which they obviously arent by ending the series yet again, they would have gotten people who made significant contributions to Spiderman. Mcfarlane would have been the #1 for me.

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

crackerjack1
Posted: Thursday, November 01, 2012 9:30:40 AM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Now Superior Spider-Man #1 is starting with 8 Covers:

Standard Cover
1:50 Ed McGuinness Design Cover
1:50 Humberto Ramos Cover
1:50 Giuseppe Camuncoli Cover
1:100 Joe Quesada Cover
1:150 Joe Quesada Sketch Cover
Skottie Young Baby Cover (Exceed orders of Avengers vs X-Men #11)
Blank Sketch Cover (Exceed orders of Avengers vs X-Men #11)

Current Pull List

Ongoing Series

All-New Ultimates, All-New X-Men, Amazing Spider-Man, Amazing X-Men, Angel & Faith, Avengers, Avengers World, Batman, Batman Eternal, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Cyclops, Daredevil, Earth 2, East of West, Fantastic Four, Flash, Ghostbusters, Guardians of the Galaxy, Harley Quinn, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, Injustice, Iron Fist, Justice League, Lazarus, Mega Man, Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man, New Avengers, New Warriors, Nova, Rocket Raccoon, Scooby-Doo, Scooby-Doo Team-Up, Sinestro, Superior Foes of Spider-Man, Teen Titans, Teen Titans Go!, TMNT, TMNT New Animated Adventures, Tomb Raider, Ultimate Spider-Man, Uncanny Avengers, Uncanny X-Men, WWE Superstars, X-Men

Mini Series

Danger Girl: Mayday, Figment, Original Sin, Super Secret Crisis War, Superman Unchained, Tiny Titans: Return to the Treehouse, TMNT: Turtles in Time

All Spider-Man and TMNT Appearances and Variants
freakdylan
Posted: Thursday, November 01, 2012 9:42:06 AM

crackerjack1 wrote:
Now Superior Spider-Man #1 is starting with 8 Covers:

Standard Cover
1:50 Ed McGuinness Design Cover
1:50 Humberto Ramos Cover
1:50 Giuseppe Camuncoli Cover
1:100 Joe Quesada Cover
1:150 Joe Quesada Sketch Cover
Skottie Young Baby Cover (Exceed orders of Avengers vs X-Men #11)
Blank Sketch Cover (Exceed orders of Avengers vs X-Men #11)

You are just all full of bad news, lol, Havent gotten around to looking at this months pre-orders. Now you just ruined it for me, lmao

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

SpidermanGeek
Posted: Thursday, November 01, 2012 10:41:36 AM

Groups: Guru, Marvel Host, Member, Moderator

freakdylan wrote:
SpidermanGeek wrote:

Only one I wanted was the Ditko cover, as he is only one who really contributed to Spiderman. If Marvel was smart, which they obviously arent by ending the series yet again, they would have gotten people who made significant contributions to Spiderman. Mcfarlane would have been the #1 for me.

You're kind of contradicting yourself there. You're saying Ditko is the only one who really contributed to spider-Man, yet you would have wanted to see a McFarlane cover because of his contributions to Spider-Man.

I agree that Ditko and Spider-Man are synonomous to each other, but frankly, Ditko's contributions are but a small drop in the bucket having worked on just a little over 40 issues of Spider-Man. Out of 700, just for ASM, that is a relatively small percentage.

Again, without Ditko there would probably be no Spider-Man, but you can't discount the 45, or so, years worth of stories that came after Ditko left.

The reason I want the Marcos Martin cover is not because of Marcos Martin, it's because the names of everyone who's ever contributed to ASM is highlighted on the cover. I want it for the historical representation of the series.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules, here.

I haz a Blog
freakdylan
Posted: Thursday, November 01, 2012 11:31:01 AM

SpidermanGeek wrote:
freakdylan wrote:
SpidermanGeek wrote:

You're kind of contradicting yourself there. You're saying Ditko is the only one who really contributed to spider-Man, yet you would have wanted to see a McFarlane cover because of his contributions to Spider-Man.

I agree that Ditko and Spider-Man are synonomous to each other, but frankly, Ditko's contributions are but a small drop in the bucket having worked on just a little over 40 issues of Spider-Man. Out of 700, just for ASM, that is a relatively small percentage.

Again, without Ditko there would probably be no Spider-Man, but you can't discount the 45, or so, years worth of stories that came after Ditko left.

The reason I want the Marcos Martin cover is not because of Marcos Martin, it's because the names of everyone who's ever contributed to ASM is highlighted on the cover. I want it for the historical representation of the series.

I am not contradicting myself, I am sayign they should have put peopel who when you here the name think Spiderman. Mcfarlane's #1 Spiderman was at one time the largest run ever, and revitalized spidey.

All i am saying is they have a lot of great artists (Romita) who are synonymous with Spidey. They are the ones Marvel should have gotten to do a proper send off (for next 30-40 issues).

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

crackerjack1
Posted: Thursday, November 01, 2012 12:47:38 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Truthfully, it isn't like they don't have the Romitas', Mark Bagley, Ron Garney, Mike Deodato Jr., Terry Dodson, etc. still working for them, and with McFarlane in financial trouble right now there is no reason they shouldn't have asked.

Current Pull List

Ongoing Series

All-New Ultimates, All-New X-Men, Amazing Spider-Man, Amazing X-Men, Angel & Faith, Avengers, Avengers World, Batman, Batman Eternal, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Cyclops, Daredevil, Earth 2, East of West, Fantastic Four, Flash, Ghostbusters, Guardians of the Galaxy, Harley Quinn, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, Injustice, Iron Fist, Justice League, Lazarus, Mega Man, Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man, New Avengers, New Warriors, Nova, Rocket Raccoon, Scooby-Doo, Scooby-Doo Team-Up, Sinestro, Superior Foes of Spider-Man, Teen Titans, Teen Titans Go!, TMNT, TMNT New Animated Adventures, Tomb Raider, Ultimate Spider-Man, Uncanny Avengers, Uncanny X-Men, WWE Superstars, X-Men

Mini Series

Danger Girl: Mayday, Figment, Original Sin, Super Secret Crisis War, Superman Unchained, Tiny Titans: Return to the Treehouse, TMNT: Turtles in Time

All Spider-Man and TMNT Appearances and Variants
wickedcomics
Posted: Thursday, November 01, 2012 1:51:36 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

I really enjoyed McFarlane's art on Amazing Spider-Man and the regular Spider-Man series. I think he's a very talented artist. I also like his action figure line, it's incredible that no one before him ever thought of making figures so detailed.

freakdylan
Posted: Thursday, November 01, 2012 2:35:01 PM

crackerjack1 wrote:
Truthfully, it isn't like they don't have the Romitas', Mark Bagley, Ron Garney, Mike Deodato Jr., Terry Dodson, etc. still working for them, and with McFarlane in financial trouble right now there is no reason they shouldn't have asked.

I guess they are saving all of them for the 8 cover variants of Amazing Spider-man #701 "The Return"
lol

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics

SuperSoldier124
Posted: Thursday, November 01, 2012 7:07:10 PM

i'd love to see some unpublished ross andru art as a cover... that'd be awesome

add me on xbox live and PSN

PS3: wartorn11b
360: precious blood1

SpidermanGeek
Posted: Friday, November 02, 2012 5:22:00 AM

Groups: Guru, Marvel Host, Member, Moderator

SuperSoldier124 wrote:
i'd love to see some unpublished ross andru art as a cover... that'd be awesome

indeed

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules, here.

I haz a Blog