Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Secret (Image) Options
wpmcclure
Posted: Friday, September 28, 2012 8:25:22 PM

Groups: Member

Anybody know when this massive delay for issue 3 will be over??

comicfan17blue
Posted: Thursday, October 18, 2012 10:48:06 PM

Just checked Image's website and still listed as TBD. It might be due to the fact that Johnathan Hickman is doing the writing on a couple of the new Marvel Now Avengers books or that Manhattan Projects took off.
wpmcclure
Posted: Sunday, October 21, 2012 12:23:35 PM

Well I feel like they'll need to start over and release a 3rd print to get things going again if they ever come around. I did enjoy the cybercrime element of the whole thing being in IT in all. I feel like the characters were a bit more gritty than the Thief of Thieves and could the plot could easily stand on it's own in the AMC universe. "They" have done the thief style shows before and I feel like have a cybercrime element in the storyline would cell better.

kevscomics
Posted: Friday, November 16, 2012 7:50:38 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber, Super Seller

What do you do in IT?, just curious, I am an Oracle DBA.
frozilla
Posted: Friday, November 16, 2012 8:58:01 AM

IIRC, there was a message by Hickman to the readers in the back of Manhattan Projects #7 re: the scheduling problems.. I don't have mine with me at the moment, if someone could look in theirs and see..

Big signatures are REALLY annoying.
wpmcclure
Posted: Friday, November 16, 2012 12:19:36 PM

kevscomics wrote:

I'm a developer and app architect for SharePoint and MS SQL. My company just got on CRM Online so I need to get up-to-speed on integrating that with our on premise SharePoint system. So that's what I do in a nutshell. How long have you been an Oracle DBA?

comicfan17blue
Posted: Tuesday, November 27, 2012 1:39:12 AM

Just read on another forum that the expected release date is around Christmas. Also someone there mentioned that according to Hickman the series will end sooner then originally planned. No info on how short the series would be.
wpmcclure
Posted: Friday, December 07, 2012 4:09:28 PM

comicfan17blue wrote:
Just read on another forum that the expected release date is around Christmas. Also someone there mentioned that according to Hickman the series will end sooner then originally planned. No info on how short the series would be.

Weird...I still haven't heard anything on this. Maybe they have shelved it for good.

PilesOfComics
Posted: Friday, February 22, 2013 4:40:51 PM

Any new word on issue #3?

Has this series been canceled?
kevscomics
Posted: Friday, February 22, 2013 10:17:38 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber, Super Seller

wpmcclure wrote:
kevscomics wrote:

I'm a developer and app architect for SharePoint and MS SQL. My company just got on CRM Online so I need to get up-to-speed on integrating that with our on premise SharePoint system. So that's what I do in a nutshell. How long have you been an Oracle DBA?

Saw this thread came back to life, never responded to this, been a dba for around 13 years now.
wpmcclure
Posted: Saturday, February 23, 2013 11:06:20 AM

PilesOfComics wrote:
Any new word on issue #3?

Has this series been canceled?

Haven't heard a peep...like they completely forgot it existed at all.

wpmcclure
Posted: Saturday, February 23, 2013 11:07:53 AM

kevscomics wrote:
wpmcclure wrote:
kevscomics wrote:

Saw this thread came back to life, never responded to this, been a dba for around 13 years now.

That's cool, been studying to pass some SQL 2012 exam certs... I feel like I should kill this chat and start it up in that life outside comics...I'll do that.

comicfan17blue
Posted: Saturday, February 23, 2013 9:52:27 PM

Series canceled, artist never completly finished issue 3. Supposedly issue three may eventually be released and Hickman will finish series in words/letter column.
inhumanking
Posted: Sunday, February 24, 2013 9:16:31 AM

comicfan17blue wrote:
Series canceled, artist never completly finished issue 3. Supposedly issue three may eventually be released and Hickman will finish series in words/letter column.

source?
comicfan17blue
Posted: Sunday, February 24, 2013 12:47:19 PM

inhumanking wrote:
comicfan17blue wrote:

source?

I read on another forum but I believe they quoted Hickman's twitter account. Will look for more concrete source when I have more time.
wpmcclure
Posted: Sunday, February 24, 2013 1:19:39 PM

What the artist get fired or something. There are plenty of starving artists out there...Hickman is just too damn busy...very sad as I was really getting into this when it came out.

comicfan17blue
Posted: Sunday, February 24, 2013 11:13:53 PM

comicfan17blue wrote:
inhumanking wrote:
comicfan17blue wrote:

source?

I read on another forum but I believe they quoted Hickman's twitter account. Will look for more concrete source when I have more time.

Looked on Hickman's Formspring thread and I quote "I doubt it's going to happen beyond the third issue", while answering a question about getting back to Secret. Also according to Heavyink.com the new release date for the thrid issue is 6/25/13.
inhumanking
Posted: Monday, February 25, 2013 6:27:05 PM

comicfan17blue wrote:
Looked on Hickman's Formspring thread and I quote "I doubt it's going to happen beyond the third issue", while answering a question about getting back to Secret. Also according to Heavyink.com the new release date for the thrid issue is 6/25/13.

wow. i can't remember the last time i was this frustrated & disappointed at a title getting train wrecked.

comicfan17blue
Posted: Monday, February 25, 2013 10:12:44 PM

Based on all I have read it pretty much points to the artist not being able to keep up with deadlines. I believe because of this all new books for Image have to have 3 issues completed before they will solicit issue #1.
inhumanking
Posted: Tuesday, February 26, 2013 7:14:59 AM

wpmcclure wrote:
There are plenty of starving artists out there...

this.

i'm strictly a fan, and admittedly not qualified to criticize in detail (only rant & rave), but i just don't get how a writer / publisher can hold a project in such low regard that when trouble starts to brew (and it's been obvious for awhile now), they don't take action... hold people accountable and get some talent on the title to get the book 'on the stands'.

and to me, it only makes it worse when they (aforementioned writer / publisher) demonstrate how they hold US (target audience / fans) in equally low regard by not releasing information and updates on stalled projects.