Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
MY LCS screwed me over...big time. Options
NorthBridge
Posted: Thursday, October 04, 2012 1:54:04 PM

Groups: Member

I recently moved a little farther away from my LCS and told them I was going to be a monthly customer as opposed to a weekly.

The kid that works there ended up finding a new job. Now, first of all I've always been a Deadpool fan and had subscribed to Deadpool Kills The Marvel U. He always joked with me for buying every Deadpool book...because he said they suck.

So, he put in his two week notice and, get this, took a bunch of books out of my folder and sold them to himself...including the Deadpool v Marvel U books. Remember, he hates Deadpool.

When I asked him about it, he said he shouldn't have a problem getting some new ones...and if he couldn't get them, he would just give me his. Weeks have gone by and he has completely ignored my text messages.

I emailed the owner a few days later and he said that he told him not to bother working out his two weeks...and to just leave.

So...probably the one guy at their store that buys Deadpool regularly and always faced ribbing because of it, gets screwed because a hot title came out.

I'm so (banned)...as some of you know I'm going through a really nasty divorce...I've been devastated and really hurt by it...so comics have become one of my few means of escape.

--
Thank you and take care,
Paul
Thundercron
Posted: Thursday, October 04, 2012 2:40:44 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

What is the store owner going to do to compensate the customer (you) for the behavior of his employee? Really, the only reason to have a pull-box is for the GUARANTEE that you will get a certain comic without having to worry about it selling out on the stands. Without that, the owner's subscription service is worthless.
4saken1
Posted: Thursday, October 04, 2012 3:00:56 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

The one thing he did do right is to fire the idiot employee! Still, he should have tried to make things right for you by trying to get those books again (hard as it may be), and/or hooking you up with some cool variants or something.....

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get 30% Off Select Comics
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).

NorthBridge
Posted: Thursday, October 04, 2012 3:06:25 PM

He said he's going to try and get the books, and that another employee is working on a package of books for me.

I really doubt he's going to find the Deadpool books.

I'm so (banned) off.

--
Thank you and take care,
Paul
NorthBridge
Posted: Thursday, October 04, 2012 3:24:55 PM

I'm looking on Ebay...these Deadpool books are pretty rare I guess.

Suddenly it's cool to like Deadpool...when I've been buying him for years.

What a doucher.

If anyone has these issues please let me know, it looks like I'm going to have to try to find them elsewhere. I PM'ed a few stores here to see what they had...hopefully someone can come through for me. Would be a nice early birthday present...Saturday's my birthday.Rain

--
Thank you and take care,
Paul
andychrist612
Posted: Monday, October 08, 2012 8:08:56 PM

I'm just getting into comics and I'm nervous about having a pull list somewhere because of things like this..

ROCKET RACCOON KEEPS IT GULLY.

fenix1977
Posted: Tuesday, October 09, 2012 1:44:13 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

It was crap like that which lead me to go with getting 99% of my books through the mail from one of the CCL stores. The one title I get from the LCS was a bone I tossed their way out of misplaced loyalty..and I didn't want funny looks when I raided them for bags/boards/boxes. Needless to say that they still can't get it right. One book on my list and they keep somehow getting short shipped every month.

Mad Bloggings

nomedami
Posted: Tuesday, October 09, 2012 12:06:25 PM
Groups: Member, Subscriber

Never had this issue with a local shop however I have been away from comics for awile and just getting back into it. It is a shame when things like this happen. Hope the owner makes it right for you. Esp as it seems you where a loyal customer
comicfan17blue
Posted: Wednesday, October 17, 2012 12:16:58 AM

That sucks. When I went to picking up my books monthly at my LCS; I noticed that the quality of the books they were giving me went down. I understand that the books won't be mint but I started getting books with large creases and dents. Prior to that when I showed up weekly I got better quality books and every once in a while a 1:10 or 1:15 cover in place of a regular issue for cover price.