Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Valiant Comics - Am I missing something? Options
Dementia5
Posted: Sunday, October 28, 2012 10:55:31 AM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Subscriber

I saw the front cover to this book called Harbinger, liked it and bought it. It appears to be getting good press. So score one for cover artists.

But I see it's being printed by Valiant? What happened? Have they returned to the business? They were the bees knees in the early 90s, and suddenly imploded. Has any of the original talent remained (Shooter, Layton, Barry Smith)?

"We make a pretty good team, even if we don't work together." - My son

We put the "RP" into RPG!

www.neverdarklands.net

...Dementia 5 Blog...

Make sure that you READ and UNDERSTAND the forum rules HERE

4saken1
Posted: Sunday, October 28, 2012 4:12:26 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Yeah, I couldn't tell you! I also see that Dark Horse is bringing back some of their Comics' Greatest World titles. Between those and the supposed return of the Spider-Man 2099 character, what's next - Ultraverse?

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get 30% Off Select Comics
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).

Jim
Posted: Sunday, October 28, 2012 4:14:50 PM

Groups: Member

Yep, Valiant is back. They've been building up for a return over the past couple of years. I'm not a huge fan of Harbinger but X-O Manowar, Archer and Armstrong, and Bloodshot have all be really fun to read.

CCL Android app
CCL Android Free app
CCL Windows Phone app
ukblueky
Posted: Sunday, October 28, 2012 4:33:32 PM

Groups: Member

4saken1 wrote:
Yeah, I couldn't tell you! I also see that Dark Horse is bringing back some of their Comics' Greatest World titles. Between those and the supposed return of the Spider-Man 2099 character, what's next - Ultraverse?

Malibu Laughing Laughing

With Image being right at the top again and the just released Bat family die cut cover comics.One migut think it was the 90's again.

4saken1
Posted: Sunday, October 28, 2012 9:41:22 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

ukblueky wrote:
Malibu Laughing Laughing

With Image being right at the top again and the just released Bat family die cut cover comics.One migut think it was the 90's again.

Heck, even Liefield is making a comeback! Laughing

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get 30% Off Select Comics
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).