Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
PGX Comics Site Gone? (Act 2 or 3 or something) Options
wpmcclure
Posted: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 10:11:17 AM

Groups: Member

So, since the PGX thread keeps getting locked down by the moderators I just wanted to update everyone that the PGX site is now up.

It looks like they have finally spent some of that hard earned money in upgrading that hideous website of theirs. However it seems that they have hit major speed bumps in that the site keeps going up and down. I guess they went with that second rate web design company, hey, kind of like they themselves are second rate to CGC...hmmm...go PGX! Sure know how to represent the second rate companies!

You can lock this thread now...

HeroComics
Posted: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 10:49:51 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

The site looks much better than it did, and they grade the same, for less money.

Slabbing comics is still too expensive.

SuperSoldier124
Posted: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 3:44:35 PM

wpmcclure wrote:
So, since the PGX thread keeps getting locked down by the moderators I just wanted to update everyone that the PGX site is now up.

It looks like they have finally spent some of that hard earned money in upgrading that hideous website of theirs. However it seems that they have hit major speed bumps in that the site keeps going up and down. I guess they went with that second rate web design company, hey, kind of like they themselves are second rate to CGC...hmmm...go PGX! Sure know how to represent the second rate companies!

Rolling on the Floor lol

i just wont trust PGX... after that TMNT #1 incident i wouldn't trust them.

add me on xbox live and PSN

PS3: wartorn11b
360: precious blood1

chew
Posted: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 5:16:19 PM

Why is it that moderators feel they have to delete every thread that looks suspicious to them?
Even though everyone is being civil and just discussing things?
Why is that a certain mod feels they have to suspend a board member,and take away their mod priviledges just for defending the fact that they were not doing anything wrong.Just discussing in a civil manner,should not get one suspended.
Mods you should allow positive discussion!
There is no need to delete or lock a thread unless there is abuse of any kind,which by the way there was not in the deleted threads.
I left a year ago because people kept piling on that I was a CGC sympathizer.Then I come back to find that the mods(Jim) are completely power stricken.Remember Jim with great power,comes a great responsibility.You my friend clearly overstep your boundries.
Well I just want to say goodbye,and hope beyond hope that maybe for the rest of you the mods read this and learn to be a little more patient in their deleting/locking process.
I'm also sure that this will probably get deleted too,even though there is clearly no arguing,cursing or hatred of any kind.
BurningDoom
Posted: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 5:28:22 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

As a moderator, but not the moderator that did it, I stand behind the decision made. If things did stay civil, then it wouldn't have been locked. The problem was that things started to become un-civil amongst a couple posters. Disagreements are fine and part of a healthy forum, but when insults or personal attacks start to be hurled, that's not okay at CCL.

As long as things stay civil, this thread won't be locked. None of the moderators or admin at CCL has a vendetta against PGX or anything, I promise.

We just want to make sure that everyone who comes to CCL is treated with the same respect. Which the wonderful members here at CCL usually have no problem doing.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
SuperSoldier124
Posted: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 5:31:03 PM

well i still feel for the guy that screwed over by PGX on the TMNT #1 book lol

RBC_Distribution
Posted: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 5:42:30 PM

SuperSoldier124 wrote:
wpmcclure wrote:

Rolling on the Floor lol

heard about that myself...lucky or not so lucky he popped it open , i would have made a trip up to pgx and opened a can of whup ass

My Why

RBC_Distribution
Posted: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 5:47:19 PM

chew wrote:
Why is it that moderators feel they have to delete every thread that looks suspicious to them?
Even though everyone is being civil and just discussing things?
Why is that a certain mod feels they have to suspend a board member,and take away their mod priviledges just for defending the fact that they were not doing anything wrong.Just discussing in a civil manner,should not get one suspended.
Mods you should allow positive discussion!
There is no need to delete or lock a thread unless there is abuse of any kind,which by the way there was not in the deleted threads.
I left a year ago because people kept piling on that I was a CGC sympathizer.Then I come back to find that the mods(Jim) are completely power stricken.Remember Jim with great power,comes a great responsibility.You my friend clearly overstep your boundries.
Well I just want to say goodbye,and hope beyond hope that maybe for the rest of you the mods read this and learn to be a little more patient in their deleting/locking process.
I'm also sure that this will probably get deleted too,even though there is clearly no arguing,cursing or hatred of any kind.

I think of Jim as Lex Luther...mad with power!! Im not sure what happened here before, but even i heard something, and for it to reach me must have been a big deal. I messaged Jim and let him know that i hope what he is doing is justified.

My Why

RBC_Distribution
Posted: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 5:48:27 PM

BurningDoom wrote:
As a moderator, but not the moderator that did it, I stand behind the decision made. If things did stay civil, then it wouldn't have been locked. The problem was that things started to become un-civil amongst a couple posters. Disagreements are fine and part of a healthy forum, but when insults or personal attacks start to be hurled, that's not okay at CCL.

As long as things stay civil, this thread won't be locked. None of the moderators or admin at CCL has a vendetta against PGX or anything, I promise.

We just want to make sure that everyone who comes to CCL is treated with the same respect. Which the wonderful members here at CCL usually have no problem doing.

i wasn't here so im in the dark on the occurrence, but i agree with you completely doom

My Why

RBC_Distribution
Posted: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 5:50:16 PM

wpmcclure wrote:

Think pgx is a cheaper route than cgc, and i wonder what the turn around time is, currently with cgc its over 6 months, so pgx may be an option especially for current stuff, if i can get them slabed and back ready for sale asap...

My Why

SuperSoldier124
Posted: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 6:16:32 PM

RBC_Distribution wrote:
SuperSoldier124 wrote:
wpmcclure wrote:

Rolling on the Floor lol

heard about that myself...lucky or not so lucky he popped it open , i would have made a trip up to pgx and opened a can of whup ass
oh man! its on youtube. check it out. pretty rough.

RBC_Distribution wrote:
wpmcclure wrote:

Think pgx is a cheaper route than cgc, and i wonder what the turn around time is, currently with cgc its over 6 months, so pgx may be an option especially for current stuff, if i can get them slabed and back ready for sale asap...
hmmm.... thats a good idea, do PGX with new stuff and CGC for older stuff... man. that never crossed my mind.

wpmcclure
Posted: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 6:26:57 PM

SuperSoldier124 wrote:
RBC_Distribution wrote:
SuperSoldier124 wrote:
wpmcclure wrote:

Rolling on the Floor lol

oh man! its on youtube. check it out. pretty rough.

RBC_Distribution wrote:
wpmcclure wrote:

hmmm.... thats a good idea, do PGX with new stuff and CGC for older stuff... man. that never crossed my mind.

I heard they were handing out high grades easier than say CGC, but that was just from word of mouth. I had thought the same thing, PGX for new stuff and CGC for old stuff but i dunno... Silly

...and please everyone, be careful as I don't want to start another PGX thread because of stuff getting off topic...it's getting annoying and kind of confusing since I can't even access the stuff in previous threads as it's been locked down from normal users of the forum... Wall

SuperSoldier124
Posted: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 7:06:05 PM

has anyone dealt with PGX?

RBC_Distribution
Posted: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 7:55:46 PM

SuperSoldier124 wrote:
has anyone dealt with PGX?

ill give them a try, i have an extra 1st new venom, so ill send it off to see what happens, will update here after, with full details

My Why

comicuniversity
Posted: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 7:56:43 PM
Groups: Member, Moderator

SuperSoldier124 wrote:
well i still feel for the guy that screwed over by PGX on the TMNT #1 book lol

I have to preface this by saying I have NEVER bought a PGX book (although one is on my wishlist).

But.....Go watch that TMNT PGX video again, closely and tell me if you aren't at least the tiniest bit skeptical of that guy. It al seems, well, it seems staged.
er07
Posted: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 8:01:30 PM

I use them for new stuff and find their grading to be good. I find they are pretty close to what I feel the books are. I like them if you have questions they answer in a timely manner and the turn around is about 20 days or so, so on new hot books not a bad turn.
RBC_Distribution
Posted: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 8:06:55 PM

er07 wrote:
I use them for new stuff and find their grading to be good. I find they are pretty close to what I feel the books are. I like them if you have questions they answer in a timely manner and the turn around is about 20 days or so, so on new hot books not a bad turn.

excellent, will def have to give them a chance

My Why

SpidermanGeek
Posted: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 8:17:22 PM

Groups: Guru, Marvel Host, Member, Moderator

I still don't understand what makes any of these services reputable or credible. I could start my own business of slabbing comics, charge and arm and a leg to seal your book in a plastic case and put a fancy label on it which you'll believe makes it worth 10 times what it's supposedly does just because I told you it is.

Since I run it out of my basement and it's mail order only, I will replace your actual books with reprints and high quality scans and nobody will be the wiser until someone is brave enough to crack open my crappy cases.

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules, here.

I haz a Blog
comicuniversity
Posted: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 8:20:42 PM
Groups: Member, Moderator

SpidermanGeek wrote:
I still don't understand what makes any of these services reputable or credible. I could start my own business of slabbing comics, charge and arm and a leg to seal your book in a plastic case and put a fancy label on it which you'll believe makes it worth 10 times what it's supposedly does just because I told you it is.

Since I run it out of my basement and it's mail order only, I will replace your actual books with reprints and high quality scans and nobody will be the wiser until someone is brave enough to crack open my crappy cases.

Of course, you have a point, but, of course, it isn't as easy as you say.

Many many people have cracked open CGC cases and, as far as I know, maybe 3 or 4 times ever have people found something fishy.
While I think it is wise to be skeptical that they don't have side deals with people grading comics high for a kickback (or just grading their own books high and having a third party sell them for big profit).....I don't think their integrity on the actual product inside the case can be reasonably questioned.
Dementia5
Posted: Wednesday, October 31, 2012 8:49:08 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Subscriber

comicuniversity wrote:
SpidermanGeek wrote:

Of course, you have a point, but, of course, it isn't as easy as you say.

Many many people have cracked open CGC cases and, as far as I know, maybe 3 or 4 times ever have people found something fishy.
While I think it is wise to be skeptical that they don't have side deals with people grading comics high for a kickback (or just grading their own books high and having a third party sell them for big profit).....I don't think their integrity on the actual product inside the case can be reasonably questioned.

?

"We make a pretty good team, even if we don't work together." - My son

We put the "RP" into RPG!

www.neverdarklands.net

...Dementia 5 Blog...

Make sure that you READ and UNDERSTAND the forum rules HERE