Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Amazing Spider-Man 700 Leaked. Options
crackerjack1
Posted: Thursday, December 27, 2012 6:33:40 AM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

I overall thought it was a decent story and gives Slott and Marvel some room to write something a little different for a while.

It's very clear this isn't going to be a permanent change. I am completely baffled by the complete overeaction to this.....

Current Pull List

Ongoing Series

All-New Invaders, All-New Ultimates, All-New X-Men, Amazing X-Men, Angel & Faith, Astro City, Avengers, Avengers World, Batman, Batman Eternal, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Daredevil, Earth 2, East of West, Fantastic Four, Flash, Ghostbusters, Grimm, Guardians of the Galaxy, Harley Quinn, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, Inhuman, Injustice, Iron Fist, Justice League, Lazarus, Mega Man, Moon Knight, New Avengers, New Warriors, Nova, Quantum & Woody, Scooby-Doo, Scooby-Doo Team-Up, Secret Origins, Sinestro, Star Wars, Superior Foes of Spider-Man, Superior Spider-Man Team-Up, Teen Titans Go!, TMNT, TMNT Color Classics, TMNT New Animated Adventures, Tomb Raider, Ultimate Spider-Man, Uncanny Avengers, Uncanny X-Men, Velvet, WWE Superstars, X-Men

Mini Series

Danger Girl: Mayday, Deadpool vs Carnage, Forever Evil, Origin II, Original Sin, Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy Prelude, Serenity: Leaves on the Wind, Superman Unchained

All Spider-Man and TMNT Appearances and Variants
frozilla
Posted: Thursday, December 27, 2012 8:18:46 AM

Groups: Member

crackerjack1 wrote:
I overall thought it was a decent story and gives Slott and Marvel some room to write something a little different for a while.

It's very clear this isn't going to be a permanent change. I am completely baffled by the complete overeaction to this.....

I don't see how anyone could be 'completely baffled' at the reaction. It's a MAJOR character that's basically gone and in a very hackneyed, unsatisfying fashion. If anything, people should expect this reaction.

Big signatures are REALLY annoying.
crackerjack1
Posted: Thursday, December 27, 2012 8:51:38 AM

frozilla wrote:
crackerjack1 wrote:

I don't see how anyone could be 'completely baffled' at the reaction. It's a MAJOR character that's basically gone and in a very hackneyed, unsatisfying fashion. If anything, people should expect this reaction.

I'm clear who the character is, more so than most, it's a just a storyline though. This isn't anything new, it's just new to Spider-Man.

Current Pull List

Ongoing Series

All-New Invaders, All-New Ultimates, All-New X-Men, Amazing X-Men, Angel & Faith, Astro City, Avengers, Avengers World, Batman, Batman Eternal, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Daredevil, Earth 2, East of West, Fantastic Four, Flash, Ghostbusters, Grimm, Guardians of the Galaxy, Harley Quinn, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, Inhuman, Injustice, Iron Fist, Justice League, Lazarus, Mega Man, Moon Knight, New Avengers, New Warriors, Nova, Quantum & Woody, Scooby-Doo, Scooby-Doo Team-Up, Secret Origins, Sinestro, Star Wars, Superior Foes of Spider-Man, Superior Spider-Man Team-Up, Teen Titans Go!, TMNT, TMNT Color Classics, TMNT New Animated Adventures, Tomb Raider, Ultimate Spider-Man, Uncanny Avengers, Uncanny X-Men, Velvet, WWE Superstars, X-Men

Mini Series

Danger Girl: Mayday, Deadpool vs Carnage, Forever Evil, Origin II, Original Sin, Marvel's Guardians of the Galaxy Prelude, Serenity: Leaves on the Wind, Superman Unchained

SuperSoldier124
Posted: Thursday, December 27, 2012 9:31:23 AM

what are you? high? the story sucked more c!@k than a hooker. we all know petes gonna be back but it's inline with the rest of the trash marvel is putting out. i honestly thought ASM was the only book that was decent from marvel. i'm happy this happened. now i have a reason to not buy another marvel book again.

add me on xbox live and PSN

PS3: wartorn11b
360: precious blood1

crackerjack1
Posted: Thursday, December 27, 2012 9:35:03 AM

SuperSoldier124 wrote:
what are you? high? the story sucked more c!@k than a hooker. we all know petes gonna be back but it's inline with the rest of the trash marvel is putting out. i honestly thought ASM was the only book that was decent from marvel. i'm happy this happened. now i have a reason to not buy another marvel book again.

That's you're opinion and you are welcome to it. Your loss on reading something new.

Current Pull List

Ongoing Series

Mini Series

SuperSoldier124
Posted: Thursday, December 27, 2012 9:37:24 AM

nope my gain on reading something new, homie. you'll be the one reading the same old sh!t. my 4 buck will now go to some indie i wouldn't have tried before.

crackerjack1
Posted: Thursday, December 27, 2012 9:40:12 AM

SuperSoldier124 wrote:
nope my gain on reading something new, homie. you'll be the one reading the same old sh!t. my 4 buck will now go to some indie i wouldn't have tried before.

Ok Homie....?

Not sure how it's the same old $%&* though, I thought that was why you wanted to stop reading.....because it's different...more confusion.......

Current Pull List

Ongoing Series

Mini Series

SuperSoldier124
Posted: Thursday, December 27, 2012 9:57:13 AM

whatever. story sucked. end of story. if you're confused then take a time out.

crackerjack1
Posted: Thursday, December 27, 2012 10:03:24 AM

For anyone more open minded about change there was a nice review of the issue over at Newsarama

PLEASE NOTE IT IS NOT SPOILER FREE!!!!

Current Pull List

Ongoing Series

Mini Series

SuperSoldier124
Posted: Thursday, December 27, 2012 10:11:57 AM

nice review... story still sucked.

lol

teh_longinator
Posted: Thursday, December 27, 2012 10:52:00 AM

I kinda liked it. If they're going to end a long-running series, may as well do it with style.

But, like everything, there are people who are going to love it, and people who are going to hate it.

Cave Comics
I buy comics so that I can sell comics, to buy more comics.

Check out my eBay listings at http://www.ebay.ca/sch/tehlonginator/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
frozilla
Posted: Thursday, December 27, 2012 2:57:20 PM

Quote:

Quote:

I'm clear who the character is, more so than most, it's a just a storyline though. This isn't anything new, it's just new to Spider-Man.

I'm not sure what 'more so than most' is supposed to mean but 'isnt anything new', hackneyed. yes. Apparently it's being received poorly by themajority of readers, so I'd say it's failure in that you're supposed to write good material for your readers.

I know what he was going for but the execution was not there. That's my beef with it.

SuperSoldier124
Posted: Thursday, December 27, 2012 6:21:13 PM

frozilla wrote:
Quote:

Quote:

I'm not sure what 'more so than most' is supposed to mean but 'isnt anything new', hackneyed. yes. Apparently it's being received poorly by themajority of readers, so I'd say it's failure in that you're supposed to write good material for your readers.

I know what he was going for but the execution was not there. That's my beef with it.

apparently he thinks himself somewhat of a spidey expert perhaps?Think

Atilla2k
Posted: Thursday, December 27, 2012 8:19:03 PM

SuperSoldier124 wrote:

He’s a big time Spidey fan who is entitled to his opinion.

I know this isn’t a permanent change, but I still am not 100% onboard with this yet. I am thankful for three things that this issue presented though.
1) They’ve given me back my MJ (even if it’s not w/ the real Pete).
2) I loved the Tim Harrison cameo! For those of you not in the know, read ASM #248 “The Kid Who Collects Spider-Man” b/c it’s the best Spidey story ever, nothing captures the spirit of Spider-Man more than this story.
3) I loved the Stan Lee letter column… That man has been a part of my life since I’ve had conscious thought.

So I’ll continue my Spider-Man collection & wait for the return of Spider-Man without being “That Guy” & getting bent out of shape.

SuperSoldier124
Posted: Thursday, December 27, 2012 9:09:02 PM

Atilla2k wrote:
SuperSoldier124 wrote:

I know this isn’t a permanent change, but I still am not 100% onboard with this yet. I am thankful for three things that this issue presented though.
1) They’ve given me back my MJ (even if it’s not w/ the real Pete).
2) I loved the Tim Harrison cameo! For those of you not in the know, read ASM #248 “The Kid Who Collects Spider-Man” b/c it’s the best Spidey story ever, nothing captures the spirit of Spider-Man more than this story.
3) I loved the Stan Lee letter column… That man has been a part of my life since I’ve had conscious thought.

So I’ll continue my Spider-Man collection & wait for the return of Spider-Man without being “That Guy” & getting bent out of shape.
and the rest of us aren't big time fans? just because i haven't been reading spidey since the 80's, 70's or 60's doesnt make me any less or more of a fan. i have been reading and collecting spidey for over 20 years. and if me disagreeing and saying the story sucked makes me "Mr. bent-out-of-shape" then so be it.

on another note i agree with you in that i'll just wait till he returns and seeing MJ back is nice. i never did `like any of the girlfriends they hooked him with since BND

nacho
Posted: Thursday, December 27, 2012 9:10:02 PM

im looking forward to this superior spiderman something different, art looks cool. let see where this go's can't wait to see scarlet spider and this spiderman meet up could be interesting! didn't kaine kill doc oct at one time.. or did they try forget some of the clone saga.

SuperSoldier124
Posted: Thursday, December 27, 2012 9:12:49 PM

i haven't been keeping up with SS since issue 8... are they planning on having the pair team up or something?

nacho
Posted: Thursday, December 27, 2012 9:21:06 PM

not sure, i'm sure they'll meet eventually.

frozilla
Posted: Thursday, December 27, 2012 9:25:28 PM

Atilla2k wrote:
SuperSoldier124 wrote:

I think everyone's entitled to their opinion. I expressed mine but when someone says they're 'more so than most' while expressing a different opinion, that's someone trying to insinuate their opinion is more valid that others. And I don't get where not liking something has become taboo. If you don't like something feel free to express your opinion just like those who do like it. But I'm not going to get bent out of shape over it either, I can dislike whats going on and be done with it without doing that.

SuperSoldier124
Posted: Thursday, December 27, 2012 9:30:24 PM

frozilla wrote:
Atilla2k wrote:
SuperSoldier124 wrote:

I think everyone's entitled to their opinion. I expressed mine but when someone says they're 'more so than most' while expressing a different opinion, that's someone trying to insinuate their opinion is more valid that others. And I don't get where not liking something has become taboo. If you don't like something feel free to express your opinion just like those who do like it. But I'm not going to get bent out of shape over it either, I can dislike whats going on and be done with it without doing that.
i agree wholeheartedly and in so, i apologize to cracker for asking if he was high. no hard feelings.

nacho wrote:
not sure, i'm sure they'll meet eventually.
i would love to see that. i do miss the old costume though lol