Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
not happy Options
patn2008
Posted: Tuesday, December 18, 2012 5:48:20 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

There was a store on CCL that had 10 books I wanted,So I placed a order on Dec. 4th. This order sat in sold mode for about a week. I sent two messages to this seller which sat UN-read. So I contacted Steve, he told me the store gave up their store and never removed their product. He said make a claim with pay-pal(which I did. Out of a $80..00 order only received $73.96 back. This is total Bull(banned). CCl needs to check on these stores weekly and remove them if they gave them up, hell there is only about 150 stores can't be too hard to follow up on.
4saken1
Posted: Tuesday, December 18, 2012 7:42:51 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

That's a big pet peeve of mine, too! Whenever I log on, CCL notifies me that I've recieved a PM (not to mention I get an e-mail, too). You figure a store has to log in on a fairly regular basis to find out how many sales they have, at least. Ignoring customers is just bad business!

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get 30% Off Select Comics
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).

patn2008
Posted: Tuesday, December 18, 2012 8:06:25 PM

they wern't ignoring- they up and left their store awhile ago as per Steve. what I'm tee'd off about is I didnt get a full refund. Really Paypal are a bunch of freaking thiefs.
Xylob
Posted: Tuesday, December 18, 2012 8:23:44 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

If CCL knew the store had been abandoned they should have done something to delete it from the site.

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
patn2008
Posted: Tuesday, December 18, 2012 8:36:18 PM

I don't think they knew-till I threw the red flag !!
comicscastle
Posted: Tuesday, December 18, 2012 8:59:08 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Management, Forum Admin, Grade My Book Host, Guru, History Host, Member, Super Seller, Tool

Shop at My Store

patn2008 wrote:
they wern't ignoring- they up and left their store awhile ago as per Steve. what I'm tee'd off about is I didnt get a full refund. Really Paypal are a bunch of freaking thiefs.
5% of your total payment including postage goes to CCL. That's probably the part PayPal didn't refund you. Send Steve a PM and ask him about it.

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-owned & operated by Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Metropolis Connections 2.0--Comic Cellar

CrossbowComics
Posted: Tuesday, December 18, 2012 9:41:54 PM

Shop at My Store

That just sounds like a hold, the claim hasn't finished processing, am I correct? You should get the full amount back when all is said & done. I know on a couple claims I've filed the amounts were off initially but it all worked out in the end.

NOW OPEN - TreehouseComicShop.com
also top rated on Ebay as ideaman33

4saken1
Posted: Tuesday, December 18, 2012 10:09:29 PM

Shop at My Store

patn2008 wrote:

My brain is turning to mush! IDK how I read that in your initial post and lost it by the time I finished. Silly Oh, well - I hope you get the rest of your refund ASAP!

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get 30% Off Select Comics
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).

LadyJay
Posted: Tuesday, December 18, 2012 11:59:15 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Member, Moderator, Super Hero Showdown Host

comicscastle wrote:
patn2008 wrote:
5% of your total payment including postage goes to CCL. That's probably the part PayPal didn't refund you. Send Steve a PM and ask him about it.

It should not be CCL's 5% cut. CCL bills the Sellers directly, they don't take the cut out of the Buyer's PayPal patment.

HeroComics
Posted: Wednesday, December 19, 2012 8:45:40 AM

Shop at My Store

LadyJay wrote:
comicscastle wrote:
patn2008 wrote:

It should not be CCL's 5% cut. CCL bills the Sellers directly, they don't take the cut out of the Buyer's PayPal patment.

True enough. I'm not sure why you would not get 100% of a payment back, unless the seller only had that amount in his\her PayPal account.

I know I have always received 100% when I have run into this problem.

I suggest you contact Paypal to resolve this. They should be getting those dollars from the seller FOR you. It should NEVER cost you to order something, pay for it, and never receive it.
monidaw1
Posted: Wednesday, December 19, 2012 10:50:53 AM

Shop at My Store

Is it possible to have a negative balance on a Paypal account? If so then the sale coming in would have left a balance less than the original sale amount availible to be refunded.

Bamf!!! Photobucket Pages

Thundercron
Posted: Wednesday, December 19, 2012 1:25:14 PM

Shop at My Store

monidaw1 wrote:
Is it possible to have a negative balance on a Paypal account? If so then the sale coming in would have left a balance less than the original sale amount availible to be refunded.

All paypal accounts are backed up by a personal account, usually a credit card or bank account. If those back-ups don't have enough funds, the withdrawal will be honored anyway, and the financial institution will hit you with an overdraft fee.
monidaw1
Posted: Wednesday, December 19, 2012 1:40:51 PM

Shop at My Store

Quote:

Why is my PayPal account balance negative?

Print

Your PayPal account may show a negative balance if there’s been a chargeback or a payment reversal because a buyer complaint was decided against you.

Quote:

What should I do if my balance is negative?

When your account balance is negative, we suggest that you review your recent activity to find out why.

•If your account balance is negative because of insufficient funds, please add funds to your account as soon as possible.
•If you suspect unauthorized activity on your account, please report it immediately through the Resolution Center.

It appears you can have a negative Paypal balance just like with any bank which means it's at least possible that all of the money isn't showing as a positive balance in the persons account to be creditted back, especially likely if you're not the only person who's had problems. You might want to call Paypal directly.

Bamf!!! Photobucket Pages

yourplace2
Posted: Thursday, December 20, 2012 9:27:18 AM

Shop at My Store

Go to your TRANSACTION OVERVIEW page in PAYPAL.

At that transaction, click on the word DETAILS and it will show you exactly where that difference went to.

My guess is the total amount you paid was not still in his account, and then it would deduct the difference from the sellers back up fund-checking account or CC.

If those are not available, it will hit the checking via an ECHECK, which would then need to clear the sellers account. If that is closed, you could be out of luck for that part, but then put a claim in to PAYPAL's buyer protection for the difference.

I have had to issue refunds in the past, and that is how they work. PAYPAL BALANCE first, then back up fund/checking via Echeck.

Join the store on FACEBOOK!

* All items must be returned prior to refund at your expense. Return shipping not refunded.