Log In Forums Help
Comic Collector Live
Home :: CCL Messageboard
Find Comics for Sale
Items For Sale
All Comics For Sale
New Releases
CGC Comics
Bundled Lots
Store Locator
Search Library
Search By Title
Publisher
Story Arc
Character
Credits
Release Date
Change Request Manager
News & Reviews
Reviews
News
Our Products and Services
Get the Software
Buying Comics And Stuff
Selling Your Comics
Opening A Store
Community
Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
NHL is back! Who ya got? Options
MoonKnight1
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 4:38:31 PM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 5/24/2010
Posts: 3,337
Points: 12,402
Location: Richmond, VA
Well, I guess some hockey is better than no hockey. I wish that they got their stuff together sooner though. Only ten more years until the next labor stoppage!

I'll be watching my Blackhawks! Any other pucks fans out there?

Howie

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!



Hall Liquidations


CCComics
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 4:41:57 PM
Rank: Sidekick
Groups: Member

Joined: 12/28/2012
Posts: 55
Points: 10,010
LET'S GO RAN-GERS!

Original Six all the way.
Nick18313
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 5:41:52 PM

Rank: Watcher
Groups: Member

Joined: 6/21/2007
Posts: 718
Points: 2,219
Location: Michigan
I'm psyched the season is finally starting, and on my birthday too! Go Wings!

Pull List: Aphrodite IX, Artifacts, Cyberforce, Darkness, Witchblade, All New X-Factor, All New X-Men, Magneto, Uncanny X-Men, X-Force
scotteaves
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 6:14:26 PM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

Joined: 6/24/2008
Posts: 5,591
Points: 430,621
Location: Hawthorne, NJ
Let's go DEVILS!

Who wants to bet the Devils go further than the STRangers in the playoffs? Winking Marty needs another Cup before he retires...

CCComics
Posted: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 9:35:27 PM
Rank: Sidekick
Groups: Member

Joined: 12/28/2012
Posts: 55
Points: 10,010
Well with the shorter season players should get less injured.

I think Nash will help greatly and Kreider will already be a veteran to the playoffs. Last year the Rangers put themselves in a bad position with several brutal playoff series in a row. By the time they got to the Devils they were so battered, bruised and unrested it was no surprise that they lost to a healthier and less exhausted team. We shall see.

The only cup Marty is hoisting is a cup of fudge.Tongue
scotteaves
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 7:36:46 AM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

Joined: 6/24/2008
Posts: 5,591
Points: 430,621
Location: Hawthorne, NJ
CCComics wrote:
Well with the shorter season players should get less injured.

I think Nash will help greatly and Kreider will already be a veteran to the playoffs. Last year the Rangers put themselves in a bad position with several brutal playoff series in a row. By the time they got to the Devils they were so battered, bruised and unrested it was no surprise that they lost to a healthier and less exhausted team. We shall see.

The only cup Marty is hoisting is a cup of fudge.Tongue


Oh yeah, the Devils had an easy run. Wha?!? Really, what series were you watching? Because it sure wasn't the same Devils rounds I was watching.

No, the Rangers lost to the better team. Just that simple. Henrique! It's over!

CCComics
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 10:33:31 AM
Rank: Sidekick
Groups: Member

Joined: 12/28/2012
Posts: 55
Points: 10,010
You're right, the Devils are the best, you convinced me. Just kidding Ha ha ha ha ha ha. Laughing

Obviously it's impossible to convince a fan of one team that another team is better and these things can turn ugly so I'll leave it at you like the Devils and I like the Rangers. The Devils had more time to rest but in the end they won the series and that's all that matters. The cream doesn't necessarily rise to the top, especially in sports. I just didn't think the Kings were all that special but hey, once again they won so there you go.

Hopefully this shortened season will feel like a real one and the Rangers can demonstrate just how good they are and how much talent they have. And for you, the same with the Devils.
MoonKnight1
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 11:56:03 AM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 5/24/2010
Posts: 3,337
Points: 12,402
Location: Richmond, VA
You can have your Devils, Rangers, Red Wings, whatever. Blackhawks rule!

It's all good, I'm just happy that there are hockey fans out there. To me it's one of the best sports to watch in person and I can watch a hockey game between two teams that I don't even care for and still be enthralled at the skill level that most players have.

This season will be weird with no inter-conference matchups, sort of like baseball when the NL and AL only played in the World Series.

Pucks drop this weekend!

Howie

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!



Hall Liquidations


scotteaves
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 12:53:31 PM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

Joined: 6/24/2008
Posts: 5,591
Points: 430,621
Location: Hawthorne, NJ
MoonKnight1 wrote:

It's all good, I'm just happy that there are hockey fans out there. To me it's one of the best sports to watch in person and I can watch a hockey game between two teams that I don't even care for and still be enthralled at the skill level that most players have.


+1

You got it.

scotteaves
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 1:00:15 PM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

Joined: 6/24/2008
Posts: 5,591
Points: 430,621
Location: Hawthorne, NJ
CCComics wrote:
You're right, the Devils are the best, you convinced me. Just kidding Ha ha ha ha ha ha. Laughing

Obviously it's impossible to convince a fan of one team that another team is better and these things can turn ugly so I'll leave it at you like the Devils and I like the Rangers. The Devils had more time to rest but in the end they won the series and that's all that matters. The cream doesn't necessarily rise to the top, especially in sports. I just didn't think the Kings were all that special but hey, once again they won so there you go.

Hopefully this shortened season will feel like a real one and the Rangers can demonstrate just how good they are and how much talent they have. And for you, the same with the Devils.


Sure, the Devils had a few more days to rest. After facing those Philthy Flyers. Pff - Rangers played the Crapitals and it took them 7 games. Devil

And then they couldn't figure out where the net was in LA. Wall

And then the Devils draft Stephane Matteau's son. Wha?!? *Sigh*

Spider-Man
Posted: Wednesday, January 16, 2013 1:27:24 PM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Approver, Beta, CR-Management, Member, Subscriber

Joined: 1/5/2007
Posts: 4,275
Points: 288,464
Location: USA
Go Bruins!!

Time to bring another championship to Boston!






Signature design by CCL's own DrFate



SpiderFan.org





MoonKnight1
Posted: Saturday, January 19, 2013 4:12:13 PM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 5/24/2010
Posts: 3,337
Points: 12,402
Location: Richmond, VA
Nick18313 wrote:
I'm psyched the season is finally starting, and on my birthday too! Go Wings!


Happy Birthday!

Go Blackhawks!

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!



Hall Liquidations


puyaybusto
Posted: Saturday, January 19, 2013 8:21:17 PM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Member

Joined: 1/30/2007
Posts: 3,278
Points: 39,718
Location: Joliet, IL
Blackhawks baby!!!!


scotteaves
Posted: Saturday, January 19, 2013 9:02:55 PM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

Joined: 6/24/2008
Posts: 5,591
Points: 430,621
Location: Hawthorne, NJ
Ahhhh...

All is right with the world.

Devils won.
Flyers lost.
Rangers lost.

DocRx8482
Posted: Monday, January 21, 2013 4:11:36 PM

Rank: Metahuman
Groups: Member, Subscriber

Joined: 5/3/2007
Posts: 197
Points: 106,031
Location: Port Orchard, washington
The Stanley Cup will probably come out of the Central, either St. Louis, Chicago or Detroit (My bet's on the Wings!!). It'll be a tough season though, a game ery two days????

"Head to the future,
Run from the past,
Hide from the mirror,
And live in a glass,
What dreams forget the whiskey remembers
" (Eric Church/Marv Green)
Spider-Man
Posted: Monday, January 21, 2013 4:29:15 PM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Approver, Beta, CR-Management, Member, Subscriber

Joined: 1/5/2007
Posts: 4,275
Points: 288,464
Location: USA
Bruins....2 and 0






Signature design by CCL's own DrFate



SpiderFan.org





MoonKnight1
Posted: Tuesday, January 22, 2013 8:24:45 AM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 5/24/2010
Posts: 3,337
Points: 12,402
Location: Richmond, VA
DocRx8482 wrote:
The Stanley Cup will probably come out of the Central, either St. Louis, Chicago or Detroit (My bet's on the Wings!!). It'll be a tough season though, a game ery two days????


You're right about the Central, wrong about the team. Go Hawks, Go!

Because of the compressed schedule it will be important to have two good goalies. Chicago has the outstanding young player Corey Crawford, and backup netminder Ray Emery is no slouch.




Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!



Hall Liquidations


CosmicAvenger
Posted: Tuesday, January 22, 2013 2:25:04 PM

Rank: Herald of Galactus
Groups: Beta, Characters Host, DC Host, Member, Moderator

Joined: 2/19/2007
Posts: 1,825
Points: 6,716
Location: Toronto, Canada
Im a St. Louis fan, and have been tickled blue by their first 2 games. The pace of hockey has been stellar so far, with every game being exciting to watch.

The Blues have the best shot in the West in my opinion. They have 2 number one goaltenders, and 4 lines of forwards that can chip in. There are no stars to rely on here, so if one guy goes down you have the likes of langenbrunner and dagostini ready to fill in. Its a depth team, with young talent. Their defense has a norris candidate in pietrangelo, and shattenkirk is playing just as well. With the likes of veterans jackman and polak to back them up.



Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
MoonKnight1
Posted: Tuesday, January 22, 2013 2:56:03 PM

Rank: Celestial
Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Joined: 5/24/2010
Posts: 3,337
Points: 12,402
Location: Richmond, VA
I hate to say it, but I agree with you. The Blues are scary. It's about time! They have had some bad seasons but it looks like they're back.

Go Blackhawks!

Fantastic News! Hall of Heroes has now surpassed 600 Hero Ratings! I couldn't have done it without all of you and I will strive to maintain and improve my high standards. Which brings me to my next announcement - starting now, all shipments will come with tracking at no extra charge to you! I'm a little late to the party but as they say - better late than never. You spoke and I heard you loud and clear. Excelsior!



Hall Liquidations


scotteaves
Posted: Tuesday, January 22, 2013 6:34:55 PM

Rank: Beyonder
Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

Joined: 6/24/2008
Posts: 5,591
Points: 430,621
Location: Hawthorne, NJ
CosmicAvenger wrote:
Im a St. Louis fan, and have been tickled blue by their first 2 games. The pace of hockey has been stellar so far, with every game being exciting to watch.

The Blues have the best shot in the West in my opinion. They have 2 number one goaltenders, and 4 lines of forwards that can chip in. There are no stars to rely on here, so if one guy goes down you have the likes of langenbrunner and dagostini ready to fill in. Its a depth team, with young talent. Their defense has a norris candidate in pietrangelo, and shattenkirk is playing just as well. With the likes of veterans jackman and polak to back them up.


Sounds a lot like Devils teams in the past. Nice balanced scoring, solid D - both with a mix of vets and young talent. And stud goaltending.

Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

This page was generated in 0.524 seconds.

ADVERTISEMENT . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
All images on comic collector live copyright of their respective publishers. © Copyright 2008, MidTen Media Inc. GOLO241