Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
NHL is back! Who ya got? Options
Kopfschuss
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 7:35:32 AM

Groups: Member

Rule 83 - Off-side

83.1 Off-side - Players of the attacking team must not precede the puck into the attacking zone.

The position of the player’s skates and not that of his stick shall be the determining factor in all instances in deciding an off-side. A player is off-side when both skates are completely over the leadingedge of the blue line involved in the play.

A player is on-side when either of his skates are in contact with, or on his own side of the line, at the instant the puck completely crosses the leadingedge of the blueline regardless of the position of his stick. However, a player actually controlling the puck who shall cross the line ahead of the puck shall not be considered “off-side,” provided he had possession and control of the puck prior to his skates crossing the blue line.

It should be noted that while the position of the player’s skates is what determines whether a player is “off-side,” nevertheless the question of an “off-side” never arises until the puck has completely crossed the leading edge of the blueline at which time the decision is to be made.

If a player legally carries or passes the puck back into his own defending zone while a player of the opposing team is in such defending zone, the off-side shall be ignored and play permitted to continue.

Because the puck touched a Nashville player, linesmen ruled it as a "pass"... That's why it was a good goal.
jbeeman85
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 11:00:03 AM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

I guess Kopfschuss. That's the only explanation that makes sense, that the ref ruled it a pass, seeing as he was right there on the blue line waving it off. Kinda hard to see that as a pass since it deflected off the Preds player, but I guess I get it. Kinda how some goals are disallowed for a "distinct kicking motion" when the player was simply standing there and it bounced off his foot. Whatever, I'm moving on. Now, if the Preds miss the playoffs by 2 points, then I may get ticked about this but there's nothing to be done about it either way. Shouldn't have gave up that many goals to begin with.
Kopfschuss
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 2:14:51 PM

When I saw that goal, I was like "WTF!?", even Duchene looked surprised heh! Barry Trotz was (banned) off and he had every right to be!

The Preds are looking much much better than at the beginning of the season. However, Shae Weber w/o Ryan Suter isn't the same player. These two together were amazing!

But as of right now, the 1st place in Central is out of reach :D
jbeeman85
Posted: Wednesday, February 20, 2013 2:50:26 PM

The Preds are a much better team than the start of the season. Now a one goal deficit doesn't feel impossible to overcome. Weber has finally started to find the score sheet. He has 3 goals and 3 assists in the last 4 games including the game winner last night against Detroit. True, he's having a hard time without Suter but things are looking up.
Eventually the Blackhawks have got to lose a game in regulation right? Dang, even if Nashville keeps up the same pace and wins the 3 head to head match-ups in regulation, they still wouldn't catch Chicago. Well, as LA proved last year, as long as you get in the playoffs you got a shot.
Kopfschuss
Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2013 6:14:49 AM

jbeeman85 wrote:
The Preds are a much better team than the start of the season. Now a one goal deficit doesn't feel impossible to overcome. Weber has finally started to find the score sheet. He has 3 goals and 3 assists in the last 4 games including the game winner last night against Detroit. True, he's having a hard time without Suter but things are looking up.
Eventually the Blackhawks have got to lose a game in regulation right? Dang, even if Nashville keeps up the same pace and wins the 3 head to head match-ups in regulation, they still wouldn't catch Chicago. Well, as LA proved last year, as long as you get in the playoffs you got a shot.

You're right!

However, I'd be more than happy in they win the next one, just so we can erase Ducks' name from the record book Daydreaming
MoonKnight1
Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2013 7:33:31 AM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

A smack on the wrist for Hansen. Apparently the penalty for attempting to cave in the back of someone's head with a flying elbow is a measly one game suspension. Ridiculous. I hope Hossa can get back on the ice soon. With his concussion history it might be best to take a game or two off.

I know it's early (actually the season is one quarter over) but the Hawks are looking nigh-unstoppable. I hope they don't mess up and win the President's Trophy. When's the last time the team with the best record won the Cup? I know it's been a while...

Closing in on 600 Hero Ratings! Now with more than 16,000 comics listed and thousands more to come! To all of my Fantastic Customers I say, Thank You! Keep watching.

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

jbeeman85
Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2013 11:43:41 AM

Detroit did it back in 2007-08. I think the President Trophy winner has only won the Cup 7 times. It started sometime in the 80s though. I guess it wasn't that big of a deal until there were more than just a handful of teams. Best regular season record probably won Cup quite a bit before the expansion era.
MoonKnight1
Posted: Thursday, February 21, 2013 3:02:32 PM

Shop at My Store

Looks like Hossa is set to return tomorrow! One more win and the record is ours!

Closing in on 600 Hero Ratings! Now with more than 16,000 comics listed and thousands more to come! To all of my Fantastic Customers I say, Thank You! Keep watching.

Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

Kopfschuss
Posted: Friday, February 22, 2013 8:16:13 AM

MoonKnight1 wrote:
Looks like Hossa is set to return tomorrow! One more win and the record is ours!

Hossa, Seabs and Crawford are back!

Let's get a 17th !!!
CosmicAvenger
Posted: Friday, February 22, 2013 5:30:48 PM

Groups: Beta, Characters Host, DC Host, Member, Moderator

Is crawford really back?

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
MoonKnight1
Posted: Saturday, February 23, 2013 9:34:44 AM

Shop at My Store

And the record belongs to Chicago!

I don't want to get too far ahead of myself but since this is a shortened season it might be time to start thinking playoffs. I'm a relative newcomer to hockey fandom and was wondering if there is any protocol regarding the playoff beard. Do you start it when the playoffs begin or when your team qualifies? I've already got a pretty good "base beard" going anyway.

I think Crawford is still day-to-day, Emery played last night. He's been doing an outstanding job between the pipes!

Hall Liquidations

scotteaves
Posted: Saturday, February 23, 2013 3:51:51 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Moderator, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Guru, Member, Subscriber

MoonKnight1 wrote:
I don't want to get too far ahead of myself but since this is a shortened season it might be time to start thinking playoffs. I'm a relative newcomer to hockey fandom and was wondering if there is any protocol regarding the playoff beard. Do you start it when the playoffs begin or when your team qualifies? I've already got a pretty good "base beard" going anyway.

When they start. Keep it until your team is out.

Does get a bit scraggly though by the Finals.

jbeeman85
Posted: Monday, February 25, 2013 6:54:42 AM

My Predators have been shut out two games in a row. 5th time this year, just embarrassing. Hopefully they come to play tonight against Dallas. The game is on NBC Sports Network, don't need to embarrass themselves on national tv.
MoonKnight1
Posted: Monday, February 25, 2013 8:00:15 AM

Shop at My Store

Corey Crawford returns and notches a shutout for the Blackhawks!

Hall Liquidations

jbeeman85
Posted: Tuesday, February 26, 2013 6:55:47 AM

Preds win a crazy game in OT last night over Dallas. Both teams went through stretches where it seemed that they were completely gassed. I don't remember being at a game that had so many penalties in a single period. I must have not heard some calls over the crowd and music because it seemed that every few seconds they were putting another player in the box but not posting the penalty on the scoreboard. The fight between Yip and Nystrom seemed to energize the Preds and get into the heads of the Stars. Whatever happened, I will take it, a win with 5 goals after being shut out in 2 straight games. Go Preds!!
Kopfschuss
Posted: Tuesday, February 26, 2013 1:04:00 PM

16-0-3... enough said!

Hossa is a BOSS!!
jbeeman85
Posted: Tuesday, February 26, 2013 3:23:24 PM

Freaking Blackhawks keep winning. Preds in second place a distant 12 points back. Somebody help my team out. Make the division race interesting.Pray Pray
jbeeman85
Posted: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 3:08:51 PM

Time for a West Coast swing for the Predators. Sucks when they're in the middle of the week. So hard to stay up past midnight when have to get up at 5 the next morning for work. Sad to say I will probably only watch first period before forcing myself to go to bed.
SuperSoldier124
Posted: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 3:56:55 PM

I know god @#$% blackhawks! Lose already! At this point they could 80% of their games now and still make the play offs. My poor wild are just ugh... I can't even talk about it.

add me on xbox live and PSN

PS3: wartorn11b
360: precious blood1

crunchbird
Posted: Wednesday, February 27, 2013 4:46:54 PM

Vokoun was just awful last night for the Pens, maybe it was being back home where he played for the last few years or whatnot, he really didn't have it. They had to bring Fleury in on in a game they wanted to give hime the night off.

What the Penguins have been trying to do is alternate the goalies so neither wears out in the abbrevated schedule. How have your teams been playing it?