Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Poor Customer Service and Canceled Order Options
shuddyboy
Posted: Tuesday, April 16, 2013 9:50:55 PM

Groups: Member

I haven't been active here in the forum, or much as a buyer on the site. All I use CCL for is to catalog and keep track of the comics in my collection, but I've started to make purchases here recently and am flat out (banned) about the treatment I just received from a store that just shut down here. I ordered books on 3/20 after a pleasant conversation with the stores owner, I placed an order. I understood at the time that it would be 3-4 weeks before I received my books. I had and still have absolutely no problem with that. 2 weeks ago I sent a message asking if my books had been shipped. I know it wasn't even a full two weeks since I ordered, but stranger things have happened. It took a week for me to get a response (I totally understand this. They were busy with orders and other things with the shutdown). The response was pleasant and advised me that my books would be shipped on 4/11, 4/12 AT THE LATEST. Today, I sent a follow up message to see if the books have been shipped, and my response was a refund of my money and a smug reply. This is how the conversation went:

Posted: 3/20/2013 3:24:47 PM
Thanks ------! Ordered those few books (plus an Amazing Spider-Man), and if I decide to get the Brightest Day variants before you close, you'll hear from me again!

Thanks,
Rich

Thanks Rich, appreciate ya...------

Posted: 4/2/2013 9:20:27 AM
Hi --------,

I was just wondering if my books have been shipped yet, and if not when they would be.

Thanks,

Rich

Posted: 4/8/2013 6:30:37 PM
currently, they are scheduled to go out thursday, friday at the latest. we've been swamped with ours due to our annual markdown sale and the further discounts because of the closing sale. we are working as quickly as possible to get orders shipped. thanks, --------- Happy

Posted: 4/16/2013 8:09:16 AM
Hi. Just wondering if my books have gone out yet, it's been nearly a month since I ordered them and over a week since I was advised they would be shipped in a day or two. I still have no tracking information. Thanks.

Posted: 4/16/2013 7:18:43 PM
this order was not able to be shipped in the 1 or 2 days that you said that you were told. we refunded you because we did not want you to be inconvenienced. thanks, --------- Happy

Posted: 4/16/2013 8:35:16 PM
I didn't mean to come off as rude or inconvenienced, I was just looking forward to getting the books, and per your last message from 4/8:

currently, they are scheduled to go out thursday, friday at the latest. we've been swamped with ours due to our annual markdown sale and the further discounts because of the closing sale. we are working as quickly as possible to get orders shipped. thanks, Angie Happy

I was just wondering the status and looking for an update. I don't think I was being unreasonable by having an expectation of at least getting additional information if my books were not able to be sent out in the time frame you gave me. Apparently you thought differently by refunding and canceling my order. It's disappointing to be treated this way.

I'm really annoyed that this is how this was handled. I was definitely looking forward to the books, but maybe my expectations were too high, and since the store refunded my money and is now closed there is nothing that can be done about it. Hopefully this isn't how the majority of stores here operate.
ukblueky
Posted: Tuesday, April 16, 2013 9:59:17 PM

It actually reads to me that they gave you a refund but didnt cancel the order.You may yet receive the books you ordered. Of course I could be wrong. And no the vast majority of stores on CCL dont operate this way.

CrossbowComics
Posted: Tuesday, April 16, 2013 11:28:40 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

We are all very familiar with that seller, I've from him bought many times. He's reliable & you can catch lots of deals but it takes him a long time to get stuff out. If he says 3-4 weeks, definitely wait at least 3 before messaging.

Every CCL store is different, we all run our own show. Pay attention to feedback, stores that communicate & ship quickly will have better ratings.

COMING SOON - TreehouseComicShop.com
also on Ebay as ideaman33 with all 5.0 ratings

shuddyboy
Posted: Tuesday, April 16, 2013 11:34:58 PM

I completely understand, and I didn't have a problem with the shipping time at any point during the transaction. I understood what I was agreeing to before I made a purchase. My issue is that I wasn't rude or demanding (at least I don't think I was), I was just looking for an update. If they would have said "hey sorry, we were swamped and weren't able to get your books out yet", I would have totally been fine with that. Instead, my order got canceled.
CrossbowComics
Posted: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 3:19:42 AM

Shop at My Store

I hear you, since that particular seller is closing I would honestly say you just caught him at the wrong time. He posts shipping updates in the seller's corner, which is along the right hand side of the CCL home page, there's one there right now in fact. You aren't used to shopping here so it wouldn't have occurred to you to look there.

COMING SOON - TreehouseComicShop.com
also on Ebay as ideaman33 with all 5.0 ratings

UncannyXmenAuthority
Posted: Thursday, April 18, 2013 1:12:35 PM

Shop at My Store

Happen to me also had orders placed up until feb 2 stated all would ship before reopened store

reopened store march 1st for closing and previous orders hadnt shipped

said would ship on multiple various dates never happened waited another 2 weeks gave up and got money back from paypal on last day could.
Atilla2k
Posted: Thursday, April 18, 2013 1:47:26 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

That seller had deals but has always been slow to ship and quick to offend.

kevscomics
Posted: Thursday, April 18, 2013 1:53:52 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

But, trustworthy?, I mean I get the slow part...as I get closer to my paypal deadlines, I am trying to decide which way to go, and with the GREAT closeout deals I am into him for around $400...lol, ouch, hope my wife doesn't find this forum
CuriousGoodsNComics
Posted: Thursday, April 18, 2013 3:14:42 PM

kevscomics wrote:
But, trustworthy?, I mean I get the slow part...as I get closer to my paypal deadlines, I am trying to decide which way to go, and with the GREAT closeout deals I am into him for around $400...lol, ouch, hope my wife doesn't find this forum

you will get your orders, we make sure of that, all business updates are posted in the sellers corner here on ccl, and we are willing to refund in full any order to those members who 1. no longer wish to wait, or 2. just change their mind, there is a reason we are still the top rated seller...Don

my personal apology for being slow but thorough, thanks...Don

posting a update on processed order in a sec...
kevscomics
Posted: Thursday, April 18, 2013 3:28:33 PM

CuriousGoodsNComics wrote:
kevscomics wrote:

you will get your orders, we make sure of that, all business updates are posted in the sellers corner here on ccl, and we are willing to refund in full any order to those members who 1. no longer wish to wait, or 2. just change their mind, there is a reason we are still the top rated seller...Don

No sweat Don, I want to wait...I was just concerned, I have purchased from u in the past, but not enough to really know the deal, and it is an odd place to have sent what to me is a bunch of $, and to wait for the payoff, but like I said, I want to wait...
MoonKnight1
Posted: Thursday, April 18, 2013 3:32:42 PM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

shuddyboy wrote:
Hopefully this isn't how the majority of stores here operate.

There are dozens of stores still open here that offer great customer service. Please shop around, I'm sure you will be able to find some good deals and great Sellers. I personally ship packages within 24 hours during the week and weekend orders go out on Monday.

Stick around, I'm positive that you will enjoy it!

Closing in on 600 Hero Ratings! Now with more than 16,000 comics listed and thousands more to come! To all of my Fantastic Customers I say, Thank You! Keep watching.

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

CuriousGoodsNComics
Posted: Thursday, April 18, 2013 3:41:52 PM

kevscomics wrote:
kevscomics wrote:

No sweat Don, I want to wait...I was just concerned, I have purchased from u in the past, but not enough to really know the deal, and it is an odd place to have sent what to me is a bunch of $, and to wait for the payoff, but like I said, I want to wait...

Totally understand where your coming from, I just want to make sure everybody understands you always have an option with us, nothing is set in concrete, we are more than willing to work with anybody...nothing personal just business is moving forward and will not wait for us...i want to make sure we are professional as we can be, civil too lol, i may want to come back to ccl one day and maybe re-open curious goods and comics or even a new store, so im willing to do what we need to to make sure we retain those open options also, yes we are slow to ship, and im sincerely sorry about that but i want you and all the other members who have pending orders with us to know we are working as fast as we can to get your orders, you can count on that...Don and Company
shuddyboy
Posted: Thursday, April 18, 2013 4:45:54 PM

My issue isn't that it's taking a little while to get my books. I totally understand that, and knew it would when I ordered. I was just looking for an update, and my order was canceled. I'm sorry I didn't know updates were posted in the sellers corner. From the way I understood it when I ordered is that it would take 3-4 weeks and updates would be available. I wasn't looking to have my order refunded. No where did I say that I didn't want to wait any longer or changed my mind.
kevscomics
Posted: Thursday, April 18, 2013 9:11:57 PM

MoonKnight1 wrote:
shuddyboy wrote:

There are dozens of stores still open here that offer great customer service. Please shop around, I'm sure you will be able to find some good deals and great Sellers. I personally ship packages within 24 hours during the week and weekend orders go out on Monday.

Yeah, what he said!
pottersan
Posted: Thursday, April 18, 2013 9:23:19 PM

Shop at My Store

kevscomics wrote:
MoonKnight1 wrote:
shuddyboy wrote:

Yeah, what he said!
Hmm....I wonder where those other great stores are? see my signature, you'll find them there...

Join me on Marvel War of Heroes! Alphacomics, use referral code eng572582 and get bonus items!!

Visit My Facebook Page!

Alpha Comics has LOOSE Action Figures & T Shirts!

Other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, The Comic Book Stop, Comics Castle, ComicVortex, TREEHOUSE , The Android's Dungeon, Nerdgasm_Comics
DRUMCZAR
Posted: Friday, April 19, 2013 12:49:08 PM

Shop at My Store

& ME!

EVERYTHING IS 30% OFF!!!

FREE SHIPPING (US Only) STARTS AT $20(Media) / $30 (Priority)
(US Orders only)

ALL INTERNATIONAL SHIPMENTS GET FREE INSURANCE & TRACKING!!!

SHOP AT MY STORE - - ADC'S COLLECTION!

I AM HIGHLY COMMITTED TO MAKING IT ONE OF THE BEST BUYING EXPERIENCES YOU'VE EVER HAD!!!

BALTIMORE RAVENS SUPERBOWL XLVII CHAMPIONS!!!

GO RAVENS !!!
CuriousGoodsNComics
Posted: Saturday, April 20, 2013 4:19:16 AM

posted another update in the sellers corner for orders shipped...
Atilla2k
Posted: Saturday, April 20, 2013 9:40:15 AM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

posted another update in the sellers corner for orders shipped...

How about addressing Shuddyboy's original complaint?Whistle

4saken1
Posted: Saturday, April 20, 2013 7:06:00 PM

Shop at My Store

Atilla2k wrote:

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get 30% Off Select Comics
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).

AlphaComics
Posted: Saturday, April 20, 2013 7:50:07 PM

4saken1 wrote:
Atilla2k wrote:

Applause Applause Applause Nailbiting

Can't find what you want at Alpha Comics?

Then check out these other great CCL stores!

BlueMoon Comics, The Comic Book Stop, Comics Castle, ComicVortex, Hedgeknight's Comics, Lady Death Comics, The Pack Rat's Barn , Legend Books, MUSTSELLCOMICS!, TREEHOUSE , The Android's Dungeon, Nerdgasm_Comics

R.I.P. TRACY L. BROWN