Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » The Water Cooler » Sports » WWE Fan Council
Kingsman
Sunday, April 09, 2017 5:35:07 PM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
We sat in the 200 Club Level, and the ring was dead center. We sat on the opposite side of the main cameras. Regardless of the quality of the show, the atmosphere gets you into it!

Some of my notes:
-We waited about 20 minutes to get through the metal detectors. Everyone was pretty orderly. We could hear lots of "Cena sucks" chants and Rick Flair wooooos.
-While in line, met three guys who came in from Ireland. Sitting next to us was a mother and son from England.
-Our tickets were $275 each, not including TicketMaster fees.
-I swear, every 5th person was wearing or carrying a replica championship belt.
-If you are a celebrity, anticipate getting booed by the crowd.
- I am guessing that the entrance ramp was 100 yards. Some of the bigger or slower guys took some time getting down to the ring. The LED elements of the ramp were pretty cool.
-Some matches seemed to have abrupt endings and it left people thinking "that's it?" (Ambrose, Raw & Smackdown Women's match)
-Hardy's had the biggest pop, followed by the Undertaker and Stephanie's table spot.
-A beer was $8, bottle of water $5, hot dog or peanuts were $4.50. Most food and snacks were sold out in our section by the HHH match. Plenty o' beer still!
-Crowd jeered Goldberg, Reigns and Cena (but cheered the proposal).
-A portion of the set caught on fire after the Undertaker's exit.
-There was no build up or formal announcement of The Undertaker's actions after his match, so the live crowd asked themselves "Is that IT? Is he done?"
-The Undertaker's wife Michelle McCool was in the front row and they kissed before he exited up the ramp.
-From what I recall, John & Nikki were the only ones who exited the ring and walked all the way back up the ramp. Everyone else exited on the ground level to the right of the ramp. The Undertaker only went half the length of the ramp and was raised/lowered from that point.
-Parking was $40 near the stadium.
-Loooong show, over 7 hours.
-According to the ladies at the merchandise stand, any shirt with the Wrestlemania logo was a hot seller.

Kingsman
Monday, April 17, 2017 5:13:40 PM
Shop at My Store
Two time WWE Smackdown Women's Champion Alexa Bliss swung through our offices earlier today to promote WWE Raw.

jbeeman85
Tuesday, May 09, 2017 12:05:56 PM
Groups: Member
Bit random but I went to the Nashville Predators playoff game Sunday afternoon. As the Preds were coming onto the ice to start the 2nd, they played the Finn Balor entrance theme. And to start the 3rd they played the Bobby Roode entrance theme. Wrestling themes are played frequently at the Preds but this was the first time I heard the Balor and Roode themes.
Kingsman
Tuesday, August 08, 2017 11:35:59 AM
Shop at My Store
Hooooooooooooooo! Me, WWE Legend Hacksaw Jim Duggan & my friend Josh.

Kingsman
Friday, August 18, 2017 4:06:01 PM
Shop at My Store
Make it a PHENOMENAL day! Me & AJ Styles . . .

lcfrick
Friday, August 18, 2017 4:48:39 PM
How is the product nowadays? I still watch Botchamania and read the Botched Spot web comic, but I don't read any PPV results.
Tamwood
Monday, August 21, 2017 1:43:13 AM
Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber
IMO, it's really a mixed bag. It's nowhere near as good as the classic 80s, or the Attitude Era stuff, but it's definitely better than some of the Monday Night War stuff.

The athletes are much better athletes. The moves are much more impressive. I think that, for kids, it's probably still a great product. But with computers how they are nowadays, it's a lot less fun when you can get all the inside scoops and behind-the-scenes information. When you can guess what's going to happen 80+ percent of the time, it takes a lot of fun out of it.

They decided to split the product into two shows again, which I think was a mistake. They just don't have the roster to pull off two separate shows again. They've got 2 "main" champions, 2 women's champions, 2 tag team champions, a us champ and an international champ. And a cruiserweight champ.

And their two biggest champs are jokes. One, Brock Lesner, is a part-timer who only appears at PPV shows and never wrestles on RAW (he might appear, where his manager speaks while he glowers) but that's it. The other champ, Jinder Mahal, is only champ because WWE is expanding into India, so they made the Canadian with an Indian character champ. And two weeks before he won the title, he was getting beaten up by a football player who jumped the guard rail and interfered with a match.

jbeeman85
Monday, August 21, 2017 7:12:02 PM
Pretty much what Tamwood said.

And even if you stay away from the internet spoilers somebody at arena will spoil it for you with signs or chants. They really need to quit leaking stuff to internet.
jbeeman85
Tuesday, September 12, 2017 7:26:51 AM
I posted this on another site but interested to see people's opinions here, seems to be a lot more civilized people that frequent this site and are more willing to not be triggered by someone with a different opinion:

Okay, I am in the mass minority here and always seem to get killed (in general not this board specifically) with my thoughts on the subject (and these are legit, not trying to troll anyone here) but with Roman being "killed" in the promo department with what he's saying, could that not possibly be meant to go that way. There has been way too much of Cena dropping arguments that people litter message boards with about Roman for there to not be some type of wink to the audience. Since it's fairly well reported that promos are very heavily scripted, how can anyone be hated on for what exactly they say ? It's not like Roman is stumbling over words, and doing audible pauses, or having his voice crack, so I don't really get all the hating on his promo skills.

Really going to get murdered here but here goes: I believe that Roman Reign's, much like Daniel Bryan, heat (or in Bryan's case love) was subtlety built over time with random leaks to the dirt sheets of how Roman is going to be the guy (or how Bryan was "hated" by the higher ups). The smarky fans have a tendency to intentionally go against what they think they are supposed to cheer (or boo). The writers are pretty smart, the show has been on forever and people still watch (the ones that complain the most seem to usually be the most loyal watchers too).

And why doesn't Braun get hate ? He's a giant guy that destroys people that have no realistic shot of beating him and he hasn't ever had one of those promos that just completely captured your attention and made you talk about it afterwards, which seems to me to be a lot of people's reason for hating Roman (unless it's a jealousy thing that they aren't as appealing to women as Roman is). Are people cheering him solely because he's the "anti-Roman" more than people actually liking him ?
Tamwood
Tuesday, September 12, 2017 10:14:16 AM
Cena's evisceration of Reigns was a work, but it was a surprising one, because of all the Backstage stuff that got brought up. They do try to keep that stuff "hidden" despite the fact that everybody over the age of 10 knows it's fake.

I loved every minute of it.

Reigns ... was pushed too far too fast. And he really does have terrible mike skills. Even in the promo, he lost his place and stopped mid-sentence, prompting Cena to go off-script with his "we'll wait" shot.

Daniel Bryan had an extensive Indy career. He was hugely popular overseas and on the Indy circuit under his own name (Bryan Danielson) and as The American Dragon. When he joined WWE, there was already a fan base that loved him. And there IS a long history of Vince not liking smaller wrestlers. He loves the large, muscular men (such as both your current Champions, Roid-boy Mahal and Part-time Lenser).

Vince loves Reigns. Vince pushed Reigns too far too fast. He had no hardcore fanbase to back him, as Bryan did, and still does. They broke up The Shield, and suddenly, Reigns was fighting for (and winning) the Title. There was also the little bit where the Fans wanted Bryan to win the Rumble, and Reigns won it instead.

And they're STILL pushing Reigns, despite the backlash. Really, everything Cena said was true.

Braun, is getting part of his pop because he's been kicking Reigns around the ring so often. They had the big build up, where he destroyed people, and then 2 people and then 3 people. They built him up as a monster, instead of throwing him into a title match right away. He doesn't have to speak that much, because he is a monster. His size and the path of destruction he's woven so far speaks for him.

My guess is that he's either been working on his mike skills for after he beats Lesner, or he'll have an advocate/manager to speak for him, just like Brock.
Kingsman
Saturday, April 28, 2018 11:52:09 AM
Shop at My Store
So, I must say that Titus O'Neil at the Greatest Royal Rumble totally made my WWE subscription worth the money this year!

jbeeman85
Wednesday, May 02, 2018 8:25:47 AM
That Titus O'Neal fall was something else. He slid almost entirely under the ring. They sure have enjoyed replaying it, showed it several times during Greatest Royal Rumble and more times on Raw. Good stuff.

It seems that Kane (Glen Jacobs) has won the Republican nomination for Knox County Mayor. It's a heavy Republican end of the state so I guess that makes him the favorite to win the Mayor seat in the General Election later this year.
jbeeman85
Friday, August 03, 2018 10:29:38 AM
Kane became Mayor of Knox County last night.

Hope he does a good job for them. The man, Glen Jacobs, seems like a pretty smart guy.
MoonKnight1
Friday, August 03, 2018 11:23:40 AM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
jbeeman85 wrote:

Hope he does a good job for them. The man, Glen Jacobs, seems like a pretty smart guy.

I saw that!

Who's his Deputy Mayor - Brock Lesnar?

Is Goldberg going to be Town Treasurer?

Chief of Police Alexa Bliss?

Good lord, somebody get The Undertaker a job!

Tongue Silly

Howie's Saying of the Week

Can we all just get along? - Rodney King

Check out my eBay store: Hall Liquidations
Tamwood
Friday, August 03, 2018 12:23:30 PM
MoonKnight1 wrote:
jbeeman85 wrote:

I saw that!

Tongue Silly

County Coroner.

And Irwin R. Schyster should certainly be Town Treasurer. Come on, Howie!
MoonKnight1
Friday, August 03, 2018 2:15:16 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Tamwood wrote:
MoonKnight1 wrote:
jbeeman85 wrote:

I saw that!

Tongue Silly

County Coroner.

And Irwin R. Schyster should certainly be Town Treasurer. Come on, Howie!

What was I thinking!? D'oh

Howie's Saying of the Week

Can we all just get along? - Rodney King

Check out my eBay store: Hall Liquidations
lcfrick
Saturday, August 18, 2018 12:12:43 AM
Technically not WWE related, but since this is the only wrestling thread in the forums...

I highly recommend watching GLOW (Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling) on Netflix. It's two seasons in and only about 5.5 hours per season (10 episodes each averaging a little more than 30 minutes per).

It takes place in the 80's and so while it's can be campy, it's absolutely hilarious and the wrestling side is done in such a way that it's obvious there was a lot of research done (and I don't mean just the moves done in the ring).

Plus there's numerous wrestler cameos: John Morrison, Funkasaurus, Chavo Guerrero Jr, and Alex Riley. And Awesome Kong/Kharma (Kia Stevens) is a main character as well.
jbeeman85
Monday, October 22, 2018 9:15:56 PM
Roman Reigns announced he has leukema. Apparently he had it 11 years ago. Hope he can beat it again.
lcfrick
Monday, October 22, 2018 10:13:31 PM
jbeeman85 wrote:
Roman Reigns announced he has leukema. Apparently he had it 11 years ago. Hope he can beat it again.

I guess leukemia is finally the heel which can make people root for Roman Reigns.

(Yeah, it's a bad joke, but all the best to Roman, I really do hope that he beats it again.)
Kingsman
Monday, December 31, 2018 9:52:36 PM
Shop at My Store
I know it's not WWE, but I won a charity auction and had the opportunity this fall to take a Master Class in professional wrestling from two of the original Gorgeous Ladies of Wrestling (GLOW) . . . Hollywood and Lightning. The Netflix series is loosely based upon this mid/late 1980's television program of the same name that featured women's wrestling, sketch comedy, music and over-the-top permed hair.

Pictured below from left-to-right is me, Lightning, my friend Josh and Hollywood.

PS - Hollywood just signed a deal to work with an independent comic publisher to help produce a book. Meanwhile, the Netflix series is coming to comics in a four issue mini-series from IDW Publishing this March (see below).