Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Who Should.... Options
treker10
Posted: Sunday, September 29, 2013 5:33:53 PM

Groups: Member

With the New 52 the DC Universe has been shoke up. A lot of books were dropped and/or rebooted with new characters. If you were DC who do you think...

Should get their own book?
&
what New 52 book would you cancel?

My choices:

Who should get their own book: Zatanna

What book should be dropped: Larfleeze

Atilla2k
Posted: Sunday, September 29, 2013 6:00:35 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

Plastic Man needs his own title.
Justice League Dark needs the dirtnap.

Xylob
Posted: Sunday, September 29, 2013 7:02:06 PM

I agree with both of you on your choices.

I'm a huge Green Lantern fan, but there are too many GL titles going nowhere - they need to consolidate and drop the New Guardians, Red Lantern, and (already mentioned) Larfleeze.

Booster Gold needs to be brought back with his previously rumored knowledge of the pre-Flashpoint DCU in his own title with Rip, policing the timestream.

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
BurningDoom
Posted: Sunday, September 29, 2013 7:14:58 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Bring back a classic DC Universe book. Make it on an alternate Earth like they did with All-Star Comics in the 70s or in All-Star Squadron. Same deal, the Silver Age (Earth-1) took over mainstream, but fans could enjoy the classic heroes in those books with all their original continuity intact. They could do the same here with the pre-52 universe and make an all inclusive JLA book or an anthology DC Comics Presents type of book.

And I agree with Xylob. Too many GL books. Put Guy and Kyle back with John and the GL Corps. And make Hal the main star of the main GL book again (or at least a 1 GL per storyline focus), and leave it at those 2 books. And forget that Simon Baz ever existed. We have enough GLs on Earth as it is.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
treker10
Posted: Sunday, September 29, 2013 9:35:47 PM

I too agree about the GL's books. However, I kind of like New Guardians so I would keep Kyle there. But I would put Guy and John back together in GL Corps and Hal as the main character in GL and drop the rest like, Red Lanterns, Larfleeze, etc.
Xylob
Posted: Sunday, September 29, 2013 9:48:47 PM

BurningDoom wrote:
...And forget that Simon Baz ever existed...

Rolling on the Floor
Until you mentioned him, I did! I think DC has too... Isn't he supposed to be in JLA?

Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

ukblueky
Posted: Sunday, September 29, 2013 10:40:31 PM

If I got to choose I would cancel Batman and Robin (since there is no Robin anymore) and give Red Robin his solo title back.
I would also can Larfleeze, Red Lanterns, Justice League Dark, New Guardians, Superman/Batman and probably so others that are slipping my mind.
I may try to create a new title though. This is inspired by Forever Evil but have a title that focuses on villans. It can focus on one villan at a time. Maybe the story about Darkseid one month is a one and done issue and next month it focuses on Harley Quinn and that story would be 2 issues long...you get the idea. Also that may give DC a measuring stick as to certain villans popularity with fans. We all know Joker and Harley are wildly popular but if say Scarecrows issue sells more copies than Black Adam then maybe put him as the antagonist more often.

teh_longinator
Posted: Monday, September 30, 2013 12:00:32 AM

Hmmm... Single title of each?

Drop: I think they should merge New Guardians and Green Lantern Corps. If merging isn't possible drop one of New Guardians, Red Lanterns, or this new Larfleeze. Unnecessary (although for the first 20 issues, New Guardians was much better than Corp... I've dropped Corp at 22... has it gotten better?)

New: I dunno about this. Not too many books that I follow that aren't already their own books... Hmmm I dunno. I would say Constantine, but he's got his... I'll have to say Zatanna, just for the extra vote :P

Cave Comics
I buy comics so that I can sell comics, to buy more comics.

Check out my eBay listings at http://www.ebay.ca/sch/tehlonginator/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=
Khaine
Posted: Monday, September 30, 2013 7:24:56 AM
Groups: Member, Subscriber

I started listing them until I hit 20 and decided it would be easier to just list the ones I would keep

Batman, Detective, Batgirl, Nightwing (drop all the other Batman titles)
Superman Unchained, Supergirl (drop all the other Superman titles)
Green Lantern, Green Lantern Corp (drop the rest of the "ring" titles)
Aquaman, Flash, Wonder Woman (drop all the B list solo books)

Justice League, America, Dark, Teen Titans, Movement, World's Finest, Earth 2 (drop all the other team books)

The main titles I would make biweekly with a few pages in the tail used for short stories for the characters that got dropped and if those stories actually had people asking for more then make a limited series and then if that limited series had a decent following then put out a long term series. I missed a decade or two of comics so I don't know why they stopped doing this. I think putting out 52 books just for the sake of putting out 52 books is nonsense. Same with the dozen bat titles.

I don't think "presents" comics do well so rotating the b list thru books that are not bought by the majority of readers is also a waste.
crackerjack1
Posted: Monday, September 30, 2013 11:56:05 AM

Cancel everything except Batman, Flash, Justice League and Earth 2.
(Flash and Earth 2 are on watch though since they are both getting new creative teams).

Start a "Real/New" Teen Titans series.

Also, stop tying everything into whatever Geoff Johns and Scott Snyder are writing.

Current Pull List

Ongoing Series

All-New Ultimates, All-New X-Men, Amazing Spider-Man, Amazing X-Men, Angel & Faith, Avengers, Avengers World, Batman, Batman Eternal, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Daredevil, Earth 2, East of West, Fantastic Four, Flash, Ghostbusters, Guardians of the Galaxy, Harley Quinn, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, Injustice, Iron Fist, Justice League, Lazarus, Mega Man, Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man, Moon Knight, New Avengers, New Warriors, Nova, Scooby-Doo, Scooby-Doo Team-Up, Sinestro, Star Wars, Superior Foes of Spider-Man, Teen Titans Go!, TMNT, TMNT Color Classics, TMNT New Animated Adventures, Tomb Raider, Ultimate Spider-Man, Uncanny Avengers, Uncanny X-Men, WWE Superstars, X-Men

Mini Series

Danger Girl: Mayday, Deadpool vs Carnage, Dexter's Laboratory, Figment, Original Sin, Original Sins, Serenity: Leaves on the Wind, Superman Unchained, Tiny Titans: Return to the Treehouse

All Spider-Man and TMNT Appearances and Variants
Khaine
Posted: Monday, September 30, 2013 1:11:26 PM
Groups: Member, Subscriber

crackerjack1 wrote:
(Flash and Earth 2 are on watch though since they are both getting new creative teams).

Who is picking up flash?
Xylob
Posted: Monday, September 30, 2013 1:20:35 PM

crackerjack1 wrote:
...Also, stop tying everything into whatever Geoff Johns and Scott Snyder are writing.
+1,000,000

Problems with CCL?
615-264-4747

Xylob's Most Wanted:

crackerjack1
Posted: Monday, September 30, 2013 1:40:34 PM

Khaine wrote:
crackerjack1 wrote:

Who is picking up flash?

Christos Gage is doing the first issue after their departure, but an ongoing team has not been announced.

Current Pull List

Ongoing Series

All-New Ultimates, All-New X-Men, Amazing Spider-Man, Amazing X-Men, Angel & Faith, Avengers, Avengers World, Batman, Batman Eternal, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Daredevil, Earth 2, East of West, Fantastic Four, Flash, Ghostbusters, Guardians of the Galaxy, Harley Quinn, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, Injustice, Iron Fist, Justice League, Lazarus, Mega Man, Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man, Moon Knight, New Avengers, New Warriors, Nova, Scooby-Doo, Scooby-Doo Team-Up, Sinestro, Star Wars, Superior Foes of Spider-Man, Teen Titans Go!, TMNT, TMNT Color Classics, TMNT New Animated Adventures, Tomb Raider, Ultimate Spider-Man, Uncanny Avengers, Uncanny X-Men, WWE Superstars, X-Men

Mini Series

Danger Girl: Mayday, Deadpool vs Carnage, Dexter's Laboratory, Figment, Original Sin, Original Sins, Serenity: Leaves on the Wind, Superman Unchained, Tiny Titans: Return to the Treehouse

All Spider-Man and TMNT Appearances and Variants