Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Yet another seller who collects and runs Options
robofan78
Posted: Monday, September 30, 2013 9:49:42 PM
Groups: Member, Subscriber

I really wish this site would take more care for buyers safety. First with Curious Goods and Comics not filling orders and running with the money, and now seller Cheap Comics is gone. I had an outstanding $128 order I placed,and while they are a little slow, I always got my order. So I placed this order on August 30th and decided to just now look to see the status and sent them a message only to find out the store doesn't exist anymore! How can this site not keep track of sellers that have orders not shipped and just let them leave?! Luckily I am just in time to file with paypal before my window is up. I've been on this site for a while, bought thousands of comics off here, and as of late am really considering never buying off here again or even renewing my subscription.
comicscastle
Posted: Monday, September 30, 2013 10:02:34 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Management, Forum Admin, Grade My Book Host, Guru, History Host, Member, Super Seller, Tool

Shop at My Store

Contact Steve (The_Valiant_One) by PM and give him all the information. He might be able to help you out. It's possible that the store is just on vacation mode and not actually gone. Still file with PayPal, but contact Steve too.

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-owned & operated by Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Metropolis Connections 2.0--Comic Cellar

LadyJay
Posted: Monday, September 30, 2013 10:21:37 PM

Groups: Approver, CR-Policies, Member, Moderator, Super Hero Showdown Host

comicscastle wrote:
Contact Steve (The_Valiant_One) by PM and give him all the information. He might be able to help you out. It's possible that the store is just on vacation mode and not actually gone. Still file with PayPal, but contact Steve too.

Based on their groups, I'd say it looks like they've closed out their store.http://www.comiccollectorlive.com/forum/default.aspx?g=posts&t=40402. I'd definitely file with PayPal and contact CCL

Phone: 615-264-4747
Office Hours: M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
Steve's email: steve@golocomedia.com

DivideAndConquer
Posted: Monday, September 30, 2013 11:03:26 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

robofan78 wrote:
I really wish this site would take more care for buyers safety. First with Curious Goods and Comics not filling orders and running with the money, and now seller Cheap Comics is gone. I had an outstanding $128 order I placed,and while they are a little slow, I always got my order. So I placed this order on August 30th and decided to just now look to see the status and sent them a message only to find out the store doesn't exist anymore! How can this site not keep track of sellers that have orders not shipped and just let them leave?! Luckily I am just in time to file with paypal before my window is up. I've been on this site for a while, bought thousands of comics off here, and as of late am really considering never buying off here again or even renewing my subscription.

I hate hearing this. So sorry man. If there is anything we can do to help let us know. If you have a list that you were looking for PM us and we can see if we can track the items down around town. I know I can speak for the good sellers that there are plenty of good guys and gals here trying to do right on the selling front.

Free Media Mail Shipping @ $35

$0.35 AND $0.50 BARGAIN BIN

Customized International Shipping Options!

All comics 1.01 and up come Bagged and Boarded at no additional cost. All other comics are bagged at no additional cost!

Like us on Facebook!
Facebook

Follow us on Twitter for Hot Invest Comics News and Promotion Sales!
Twitter

www.dandccomics.com
COMING SOON!!!
pottersan
Posted: Tuesday, October 01, 2013 12:44:23 AM

Shop at My Store

robofan78 wrote:
When your ready to renew, PM me. I'll pay for your subscription.

Join me on Marvel War of Heroes! Alphacomics, use referral code eng572582 and get bonus items!!

Visit My Facebook Page!

Alpha Comics has LOOSE Action Figures & T Shirts!

Other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, The Comic Book Stop, Comics Castle, ComicVortex, TREEHOUSE , The Android's Dungeon, Nerdgasm_Comics
BurningDoom
Posted: Tuesday, October 01, 2013 1:23:06 AM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

I recently had the same happen with that seller. Filed a claim against them in PayPal, got my refund, comics never did show up.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
Reggie
Posted: Tuesday, October 01, 2013 7:32:16 AM

Groups: Member

pottersan wrote:
robofan78 wrote:
When your ready to renew, PM me. I'll pay for your subscription.

Applause Applause Applause

robofan78
Posted: Tuesday, October 01, 2013 8:39:44 AM

I filed a claim which contacted the seller. She flipped out on me making it seem like I was the one to blame because I didn’t contact her first….well the only way to contact her is on here which I did and she isn’t on here to read or answer them. I did get her email address through PayPal when I went to file a dispute. So she expects me not to get worried when I paid out $128 and her store disappears?! I should just TRUST her that after a month of not getting my books and her never contacting me or listing them as shipped….BS! I asked her what she would do if she ordered something from a store, paid up front, went back to the store to find it closed….happens all the time if you watch the local news stories. Anyway, she flipped out, gave me a refund and told me that the books are to be returned to her when I receive them….I am not holding my breath about receiving them, I think it all might be a guilt trip and they’ll never show. Even if they do show up, I really wanted them or I wouldn’t have ordered them, and plus now I have passed up other sellers who HAD them, not anymore of course. So my dilemma now is if they actually do show up should I repay her for them? she just wants me to reject the shipment, but I have books in there that are replacements for past orders that had them missing and I certainly am not rejecting it without getting those books and I am NOT paying to ship them back after it's opened.
Also I read her feedback and there the 5 most recent all said they never received their orders and had to file with PayPal. Glad I thought about this now because if I had waited past 45 days like I did with Curious Goods, I would have lost even more money. Luckily I was able to file with my credit card against the PayPal charge, all but 1 order I placed with them were refunded. The last one came from a PayPal cash balance so I was out of luck and lost about $30.
Also thanks for the offer of paying my subscription, I most likely won’t go anywhere, just frustrating with a lot of my trusted sellers I was using are now pulling stuff like this or high missing book and refund rates.
robofan78
Posted: Tuesday, October 01, 2013 8:43:13 AM

My main point was maybe an update to the software that wouldn’t let sellers close their store with having open orders, or in the case of Curious Goods who just marked all the shipments as shipped on the last day but didn’t actually ship them, proof with tracking number to actually mark something shipped.
4saken1
Posted: Tuesday, October 01, 2013 11:04:00 AM

Shop at My Store

You had every right to be worried, especially in the circumstances of the store in question having closed and contact being cut off! 30 days is more time than anybody should have to wait for their order.

If it were me, on the off chanced that you do eventually recieve the order, I would go ahead and send the money (minus the cost of any missing or grossly misgraded comics) with a message that you are keeping the comics. Heck, I might even subtract the cost of any comics that you went ahead and purchased elsewhere because you waited so long and didn't think it would ever come!

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get 30% Off Select Comics
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).

Thundercron
Posted: Tuesday, October 01, 2013 11:17:28 AM

Shop at My Store

I'd bet money the comics don't show up. Refunding $125 after shipping the order and then demanding the customer return the books at their cost. I mean, who does that? Makes no sense.
comicscastle
Posted: Tuesday, October 01, 2013 11:18:33 AM

Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Management, Forum Admin, Grade My Book Host, Guru, History Host, Member, Super Seller, Tool

Shop at My Store

If you do return the books make sure you wait at least a month.

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-owned & operated by Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Metropolis Connections 2.0--Comic Cellar

BurningDoom
Posted: Tuesday, October 01, 2013 11:31:35 AM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

robofan78 wrote:
I filed a claim which contacted the seller. She flipped out on me making it seem like I was the one to blame because I didn’t contact her first….well the only way to contact her is on here which I did and she isn’t on here to read or answer them. I did get her email address through PayPal when I went to file a dispute. So she expects me not to get worried when I paid out $128 and her store disappears?! I should just TRUST her that after a month of not getting my books and her never contacting me or listing them as shipped….BS! I asked her what she would do if she ordered something from a store, paid up front, went back to the store to find it closed….happens all the time if you watch the local news stories. Anyway, she flipped out, gave me a refund and told me that the books are to be returned to her when I receive them….I am not holding my breath about receiving them, I think it all might be a guilt trip and they’ll never show. Even if they do show up, I really wanted them or I wouldn’t have ordered them, and plus now I have passed up other sellers who HAD them, not anymore of course. So my dilemma now is if they actually do show up should I repay her for them? she just wants me to reject the shipment, but I have books in there that are replacements for past orders that had them missing and I certainly am not rejecting it without getting those books and I am NOT paying to ship them back after it's opened.
Also I read her feedback and there the 5 most recent all said they never received their orders and had to file with PayPal. Glad I thought about this now because if I had waited past 45 days like I did with Curious Goods, I would have lost even more money. Luckily I was able to file with my credit card against the PayPal charge, all but 1 order I placed with them were refunded. The last one came from a PayPal cash balance so I was out of luck and lost about $30.
Also thanks for the offer of paying my subscription, I most likely won’t go anywhere, just frustrating with a lot of my trusted sellers I was using are now pulling stuff like this or high missing book and refund rates.

It wouldn't have mattered if you did contact the seller. I did before I filed my claim against them. I promptly received a reply that they'd look into it (on the same day), then never heard a word again even after sending multiple messages to them.

Pretty sure the store is just trying to use that as leverage against you, but never had any intention on giving you the comics.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
Xylob
Posted: Tuesday, October 01, 2013 1:00:51 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

robofan78 wrote:
...Anyway, she flipped out, gave me a refund and told me that the books are to be returned to her when I receive them….I am not holding my breath about receiving them, I think it all might be a guilt trip and they’ll never show...
Sounds like a load of $h!t, watch your back - I don't suppose she provided a tracking number?

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...

Xylob's Most Wanted:

G.I.Joe Special Missions TPB 2
Tales from the Transformers Beast Wars: Critical Mass
Youngblood Bloodsport #2 maybe? can you help identify?
BruceReville
Posted: Tuesday, October 01, 2013 1:11:32 PM

Groups: Member

My response to this would be:

Whistle Nope - never received a thing.

JK -- maybe Devil

Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Collect Again --- VARIANTS STRIKE!

lbej
Posted: Tuesday, October 01, 2013 1:48:11 PM

Groups: Member, Moderator, Subscriber

robofan78 wrote:
Glad I thought about this now because if I had waited past 45 days like I did with Curious Goods, I would have lost even more money.

I'm guessing you never got those orders Don marked as shipped on his way out the door--I sure didn't get mine. Did you file a mail fraud claim in that case? There's no guarantee of getting anything back, but the window for filing a fraud claim is five years, not the 45 days Paypal gives you. The USPS is still operating, at least for now...

I wonder if anyone at CCL HQ knows what happened to Curious Goods/Don? It seems like CCL administration just wants to pretend like that whole fiasco never happened.

Please make sure you read and understand the forum rules here
MoonKnight1
Posted: Tuesday, October 01, 2013 2:28:33 PM

Groups: Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

What upsets me is that these unscrupulous Sellers make it harder for the rest of us. I know more than a few people no longer shop here because of problems they have had with really only 2-3 stores. A lot of other people won't try a new store because they are worried it might turn out bad. Which means we lose some Sellers that could be very good for the site.

Of course that's the danger of buying anything on-line, it's mostly a leap of faith. There should be penalties for stores that show a pattern of poor performance. Anyone operating or wishing to open a store here would have to sign an agreement stipulating good behavior. I would gladly sign such a document. Now if someone has a lone Villain you could shrug that off. But if you start seeing a bunch all at once? That should set off some bells and site management needs to react immediately rather than have to be alerted.

Maybe stores with a bad record might have to leave a security deposit in case they bilk people. At least some of the money can be recouped. Maybe I'm just rambling, it's been a long couple of days.Yawn

(P.S. - Hey Lee! Who's that in your new avatar? It looks like Weird Al Yankovic!Laughing

Closing in on 600 Hero Ratings! Now with more than 16,000 comics listed and thousands more to come! To all of my Fantastic Customers I say, Thank You! Keep watching.

Now with 1,500+ positive feedback on the four letter site!
Standing offer to all CCL Members - every purchase you make from my other store (link below) earns you at least one freebie of my choice! If you purchase from Hall Liquidations send a PM to Hall of Heroes and let me know! Thanks!

Hall Liquidations

SwiftMann
Posted: Tuesday, October 01, 2013 2:36:03 PM

Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

MoonKnight1 wrote:
(P.S. - Hey Lee! Who's that in your new avatar? It looks like Weird Al Yankovic!Laughing

I was thinking Inigo Montoya

On topic...

1) I don't think you'll ever see those books, so don't worry about the guilt trip.

2) CCL was made aware of the Don fiasco. They made one mention of it in the forums.

3) Did I read PayPal's new user agreement correctly and the 45 claim window is now going to be 30 days after shipment "should have been received?"

Has DC Done Something Stupid Today?

"The return of beards and 90's fashion makes hipsters and homeless people impossible to tell apart." - Woody, Quantum & Woody #5
Thundercron
Posted: Tuesday, October 01, 2013 2:44:20 PM

Shop at My Store

MoonKnight1 wrote:
What upsets me is that these unscrupulous Sellers make it harder for the rest of us. I know more than a few people no longer shop here because of problems they have had with really only 2-3 stores. A lot of other people won't try a new store because they are worried it might turn out bad. Which means we lose some Sellers that could be very good for the site.

Of course that's the danger of buying anything on-line, it's mostly a leap of faith. There should be penalties for stores that show a pattern of poor performance. Anyone operating or wishing to open a store here would have to sign an agreement stipulating good behavior. I would gladly sign such a document. Now if someone has a lone Villain you could shrug that off. But if you start seeing a bunch all at once? That should set off some bells and site management needs to react immediately rather than have to be alerted.

Maybe stores with a bad record might have to leave a security deposit in case they bilk people. At least some of the money can be recouped. Maybe I'm just rambling, it's been a long couple of days.Yawn

I was thinking it looks like Eddie Vedder if he started a death metal band, rather than a grunge rock band.
freakdylan
Posted: Tuesday, October 01, 2013 3:42:34 PM

MoonKnight1 wrote:

Portrait of Turenne by Charles Le Brun

Thanks to the following sellers for helping me put together my complete run of Amazing Spider-man #1-700

ComicCastle
TreeHouse
Hall Of Heroes
Thundercron's Longbox
DrumCzar

Now for the sellers helping me finish my TMNT collection:

Hall Of Heroes
Green Bay Comics