Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Arrow Season 2 Options
Shadowdodger
Posted: Thursday, October 10, 2013 9:57:41 PM

Groups: Member

First episode of season 2 aired this week. I think I like the new direction it's going in. Shows growth and potential.

Shadowdodger says: "Shop at these fine stores"

Bamf!!!! Hall of Heroes ComicsMD ComicVortex
Comic Hunter Legends Comix and Games Blue Moon Comics Comic Cellar
BruceReville
Posted: Thursday, October 10, 2013 10:42:49 PM

Less Sappy and more action

Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Collect Again --- VARIANTS STRIKE!

BurningDoom
Posted: Saturday, November 23, 2013 5:26:37 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

This season has been much better than the first. The first season felt like a soap-opera, with a few action-scenes thrown in. This season has had much focus on the action and Arrow/Canary's history, which I like.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
KingZombie
Posted: Saturday, November 23, 2013 6:16:16 PM

Hmmm, maybe I should go back and start recording these again if they've shifted gears from soap opera to action. Think
BurningDoom
Posted: Saturday, November 30, 2013 1:04:07 PM

This season isn't just better, I'm calling it: Best show on T.V. right now! So glad it isn't the CW soap-opera it was last season.

The last few episodes in particular, were just so awesome. Diggler breaking into the prison to save his wife, and running across Deadshot. That episode was so action packed and fast-paced, it's what T.V. nowadays needs more of, and less talking heads. And it totally set-up for a future Deadshot vs. Arrow episode.

And how many comic book references does this show drop? It's hard to tell if we're gonna see future development with these characters or if they're just name drops to get fanboys excited. But I've seen quite a few.

-Kate Spencer (Manhunter) is Oliver's mom's lawyer. (Played by the hot doctor from Stargate SG-1, but a blonde this time instead of a red-head.)
-Amanda Waller (leader of Task Force X and the Suicide Squad) is Diggs' wife's boss
-Ivo Storm (creator of Amazo) is the baddie on the flashback island sequences.
-S.T.A.R. Labs is mentioned in news reports in the background.
-And Barry Allen is in the previews for the next episode!

Plus we already have the obvious connections of Black Canary to Sarah and Speedy/Arsenal to Roy Harper.

And OMG, that big reveal at the end of the last episode. I so didn't see that coming. I guess I should have with the nature of comics, but I didn't.
Quote:
Does that mean his son could still be alive, too?

Anyone not watching Arrow this season, is missing out. And this is coming from a guy that gave up halfway through the first season due to it's soap-operish nature (which it no longer has).

BruceReville
Posted: Sunday, December 08, 2013 8:13:08 PM

Just managed to pick up Season 1 on DVD 19.99 New Dancing

Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Collect Again --- VARIANTS STRIKE!

pottersan
Posted: Tuesday, December 10, 2013 12:22:15 AM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

Just started watching season 1 a few weeks ago, seen about 3 episodes so far.

Pretty good...

Join me on Marvel War of Heroes! Alphacomics, use referral code eng572582 and get bonus items!!

Visit My Facebook Page!

Alpha Comics has LOOSE Action Figures & T Shirts!

Other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, The Comic Book Stop, Comics Castle, ComicVortex, TREEHOUSE , The Android's Dungeon, Nerdgasm_Comics
BurningDoom
Posted: Tuesday, December 10, 2013 1:42:36 PM

pottersan wrote:
Just started watching season 1 a few weeks ago, seen about 3 episodes so far.

Pretty good...

The first season really was more of your average, CW, teenie-bopper drama B.S. It's the 2nd season that really got good.

crackerjack1
Posted: Tuesday, December 10, 2013 2:08:35 PM

Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber

BurningDoom wrote:
This season isn't just better, I'm calling it: Best show on T.V. right now! So glad it isn't the CW soap-opera it was last season.

The last few episodes in particular, were just so awesome. Diggler breaking into the prison to save his wife, and running across Deadshot. That episode was so action packed and fast-paced, it's what T.V. nowadays needs more of, and less talking heads. And it totally set-up for a future Deadshot vs. Arrow episode.

And how many comic book references does this show drop? It's hard to tell if we're gonna see future development with these characters or if they're just name drops to get fanboys excited. But I've seen quite a few.

-Kate Spencer (Manhunter) is Oliver's mom's lawyer. (Played by the hot doctor from Stargate SG-1, but a blonde this time instead of a red-head.)
-Amanda Waller (leader of Task Force X and the Suicide Squad) is Diggs' wife's boss
-Ivo Storm (creator of Amazo) is the baddie on the flashback island sequences.
-S.T.A.R. Labs is mentioned in news reports in the background.
-And Barry Allen is in the previews for the next episode!

Plus we already have the obvious connections of Black Canary to Sarah and Speedy/Arsenal to Roy Harper.

And OMG, that big reveal at the end of the last episode. I so didn't see that coming. I guess I should have with the nature of comics, but I didn't.
Quote:
Does that mean his son could still be alive, too?

Anyone not watching Arrow this season, is missing out. And this is coming from a guy that gave up halfway through the first season due to it's soap-operish nature (which it no longer has).

I know both Kate Spencer and Jean Loring have been on the show, but I thought Moira's lawyer was Jean Loring (Eclipso / Ray Palmer's ex-wife).

The Villain from the island is Anthony Ivo and the ship is actually named Amazo too. Plus, don't forget such villains/characters as Count Vertigo, Bronze Tiger, China White, Deadshot, Deathstroke, Lyla Michaels (Harbinger), Brother Blood, Bethany Snow, Sin, Shado and Cyrus Gold (Solomon Grundy)... that's all I can remember...

This season has been awwsome!!!

Current Pull List

Ongoing Series

All-New Ultimates, All-New X-Men, Amazing Spider-Man, Amazing X-Men, Angel & Faith, Avengers, Avengers World, Batman, Batman Eternal, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, Cyclops, Daredevil, Earth 2, Earth 2: World's End, East of West, Fantastic Four, Flash, Guardians of the Galaxy, Harley Quinn, He-Man and the Masters of the Universe, Injustice, Iron Fist, Justice League, Lazarus, Mega Man, Miles Morales: Ultimate Spider-Man, New Avengers, New Warriors, Rocket Raccoon, Scooby-Doo, Scooby-Doo Team-Up, Sinestro, Spider-Man 2099, Superior Foes of Spider-Man, Teen Titans, Teen Titans Go!, TMNT, TMNT New Animated Adventures, Tomb Raider, Ultimate Spider-Man, Uncanny Avengers, Uncanny X-Men, WWE Superstars, X-Men

Mini Series

Avengers & X-Men: AXIS, AXIS: Hobgoblin, Q2: Return of Quantum & Woody, Super Secret Crisis War, Tiny Titans: Return to the Treehouse, TMNT/Ghostbusters

All Spider-Man and TMNT Appearances and Variants
BurningDoom
Posted: Tuesday, December 10, 2013 3:39:02 PM

^ You're probably right. But that was one hot lawyer, either way. I thought she was hot in Stargate SG-1, too.

BurningDoom
Posted: Friday, December 13, 2013 1:10:52 PM

FLASH! Aww-aww-awww. FLASH! Savior of the universe!

Not the right Flash, I know, but you get the idea. I can't wait to see the next episode of Arrow!!!

I think they're gonna touch on the Speed Force, too. Because it showed Barry seeing everything in slow motion for a minute before the lightning bolt ever even hit him.

ComicReaderBatman
Posted: Saturday, December 14, 2013 1:22:54 PM

This show has been getting better and better!! Can't believe we have to wait till January!!!Crying

I wear a mask. And that mask, it's not to hide who I am, but to create what I am.
Kreyalis
Posted: Saturday, December 14, 2013 1:47:31 PM

I'm loving this more and more. I just hate the entire winter break for shows. Both shows i'm looking forward to the most both are on break now with Arrow and Walking Dead, but at least Arrow isn't as long a wait
Shogun684
Posted: Thursday, December 19, 2013 5:21:48 PM

One of the best shows on tv right now easliy.
Shadowdodger
Posted: Thursday, December 19, 2013 9:52:43 PM

Shogun684 wrote:
One of the best shows on tv right now easliy.

Agreed!

Shadowdodger says: "Shop at these fine stores"

Bamf!!!! Hall of Heroes ComicsMD ComicVortex
Comic Hunter Legends Comix and Games Blue Moon Comics Comic Cellar
rook68
Posted: Friday, December 20, 2013 1:23:25 AM

Haven't been able to watch this show at all. Been so busy with other stuff but going to give it a go. Got a lot of catching up to do. Always liked the Green Arrow character just wasn't too sure about the CW teenie bopper type shows. Don't hate me but never got into Smallville for that reason. My dad even loves Arrow. Funny that my dad watches it and I never took the time.

(referring to an original comic book piece) This is a art gallery my friend and THIS is a piece of art.

Elijah Price "Unbreakable"
played by Samuel L. Jackson

rook68
Posted: Thursday, January 16, 2014 1:56:58 AM

Saw Arrow for the first time the other day, episode 5 season 2 on Hulu. Wow. Loved it. Saw episode 6 there after. So went on the my big screen and started from the beginning, season 1 episode 1 on Netflix. Whoa, Sarah is played by someone else. Same scene as episode 5 season 2 as in episode 1 season 1. Different girl. My mind is melting. I hate cast changes but the Sarah that plays Black Canary is good.

(referring to an original comic book piece) This is a art gallery my friend and THIS is a piece of art.

BurningDoom
Posted: Thursday, January 16, 2014 12:08:08 PM

rook68 wrote:
Saw Arrow for the first time the other day, episode 5 season 2 on Hulu. Wow. Loved it. Saw episode 6 there after. So went on the my big screen and started from the beginning, season 1 episode 1 on Netflix. Whoa, Sarah is played by someone else. Same scene as episode 5 season 2 as in episode 1 season 1. Different girl. My mind is melting. I hate cast changes but the Sarah that plays Black Canary is good.

Just to warn you, Season 1 isn't nearly as good as Season 2 has been. It was a lot more soap-operay in Season 1. (Although both the season premiere and season finale were fan-freaking-tastic in Season 1.)

rook68
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2014 1:39:50 AM

Yeah. I do see the soap operay stuff and so far I can live with it. The build up is cool though. The twists and turns are good. The action is awesome. All of it is enough to keep me engaged in the show. I am up to episode 12, season 1 and I am hooked.

fenix1977
Posted: Friday, January 17, 2014 12:28:03 PM

Groups: Member, Subscriber

I liked season one..so now I have to hunt down season two and hope netflix has it...or wait for the dvd.

Mad Bloggings