Buying Comics And Stuff
Selling Your Comics
Opening A Store
Community
Forum
Store Locator
Member Locator
Welcome Guest Active Topics
Poll Question: Where do you get your comics?
Choice Votes Statistics
Local comic book store. 253 72%
Mail subscription. 37 10%
Online. 61 17%

Where do you get your comics? Options
comicscastle
Posted: Saturday, April 16, 2011 3:59:20 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Management, Forum Admin, Grade My Book Host, Guru, History Host, Member, Super Seller, Tool

Shop at My Store

jabbascomichut973 wrote:
Nanosplicer wrote:
jabbascomichut973 wrote:
For back issues all the stores in my signature.

I also just started a pull list for new books with Comics Castle

Nice! Pat's the best!

Yes he is.
Blush

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.
Comics Castle-owned & operated by Pat McCauslin
Alpha Comics--ComicVortex--Metropolis Connections 2.0--Comic Cellar

CuriousGoodsNComics
Posted: Saturday, April 16, 2011 6:56:22 PM

Groups: Member

b0bafett wrote:
I get my new & old from Don at Curious Good and Comics

I also get my back issues from other stores also

its tough being the underdog...but ill give every seller here a run for their money, yes even you Pat...so lets not step on anybody's feet...Devil
fatherjeff
Posted: Saturday, April 16, 2011 7:05:57 PM

BurningDoom
Posted: Saturday, April 16, 2011 7:19:22 PM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

fatherjeff wrote:
We should restart this poll and see if the numbers have changed.

They might change, but I'm still willing to bet LCS is by far the biggest winner still. Nothing beats instant gratification.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
fatherjeff
Posted: Saturday, April 16, 2011 7:31:56 PM

BurningDoom wrote:
fatherjeff wrote:
We should restart this poll and see if the numbers have changed.

They might change, but I'm still willing to be LCS is by far the biggest winner still. Nothing beats instant gratification.

Very true. But it would be cool to see.

Check out my reviews at the UNCANNY X-PILES!

comicscastle
Posted: Saturday, April 16, 2011 7:59:10 PM

Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Management, Forum Admin, Grade My Book Host, Guru, History Host, Member, Super Seller, Tool

Shop at My Store

CuriousGoodsNComics wrote:
b0bafett wrote:

its tough being the underdog...but ill give every seller here a run for their money, yes even you Pat...so lets not step on anybody's feet...Devil
I'd never step on your big green feet my friend. One thing I would never do is knock someone else in an effort to make me look better. If I can't do it on my own it isn't worth doing. In fact I recommended you to a potential reservist from Arizona that was concerned about the distance from me to him. I explained that I only ship Priority or UPS (no Media) but if he wanted a source closer to home to check you out. We've dealt on several occasions and I've never had a problem with you in any way. You're one of the reasons CCL rocks (I'm the other Devil )

The following stores are all stores that I've dealt with or have become friends with through the forums and I highly recommend them all.

CuriousGoodsNComics
Posted: Saturday, April 16, 2011 8:32:44 PM

comicscastle wrote:
b0bafett wrote:

I'd never step on your big green feet my friend. One thing I would never do is knock someone else in an effort to make me look better. If I can't do it on my own it isn't worth doing. In fact I recommended you to a potential reservist from Arizona that was concerned about the distance from me to him. I explained that I only ship Priority or UPS (no Media) but if he wanted a source closer to home to check you out. We've dealt on several occasions and I've never had a problem with you in any way. You're one of the reasons CCL rocks (I'm the other Devil )

Everybody's so touchy feely , after all this time we been here people are still stopping and looking when we enter the room...were just keeping everything fresh....Castle i was just messing around...you of all people should know that...i have a full load of subscribers away from ccl...once again...Devil

Happy
comicscastle
Posted: Saturday, April 16, 2011 8:37:45 PM

Shop at My Store

comicscastle wrote:
b0bafett wrote:

Everybody's so touchy feely , after all this time we been here people are still stopping and looking when we enter the room...were just keeping everything fresh....Castle i was just messing around...you of all people should know that...i have a full load of subscribers away from ccl...once again...Devil

Happy
I know you were messing, I just wanted to make sure everyone else knew. Some times we can have fun with each other and someone else might read it as being serious and it could hurt how they look at us. Better to let everyone know that there is no problem between us, personally or professionally.

CuriousGoodsNComics
Posted: Saturday, April 16, 2011 8:41:20 PM

comicscastle wrote:
You're one of the reasons CCL rocks (I'm the other Devil )

your mistaken my friend...never leave out pottersan Cool

the greatest always come from Texas...and dont you forget it...Winking
comicscastle
Posted: Saturday, April 16, 2011 9:19:11 PM

Shop at My Store

comicscastle wrote:

True, so true (about Pottersan, not Texas). My Yankees beat your Rangers today. Rubber match tomorrow night.

The_Ghost
Posted: Saturday, April 16, 2011 9:32:17 PM

Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Media Host, Member, Moderator

I like to support the local small shop near my place. They are family owned and very friendly people. I get a discount and free bag n board with every comic. I always buy my new comics and occasional $.25 back issues there.

CCL is a great place to find back issues at great prices too. I've never had a problem ordering here. Really cant say enough about how great Pat, Dale, and others have been.

Hey, true believers! Join your fellow comic book and sci-fi lovers on my NERD NATION Facebook page! Join us today and get your nerd on!
Nerd Nation
CuriousGoodsNComics
Posted: Saturday, April 16, 2011 9:57:36 PM

comicscastle wrote:
comicscastle wrote:

True, so true (about Pottersan, not Texas). My Yankees beat your Rangers today. Rubber match tomorrow night.

a yankee aint got nothing on a ranger...when your yankee gets lost ill call my ranger to find him for you....now roll for initiative...Nerd
CuriousGoodsNComics
Posted: Saturday, April 16, 2011 9:58:40 PM

i get my comics from my lcs...wait does that still count...Think
4saken1
Posted: Saturday, April 16, 2011 10:24:00 PM

Groups: Member, Super Seller

Shop at My Store

I probably buy about 90% of my comics on CCL. For new comics, I buy from and would recommend any of the the following:

Read The Story (Play the Game)
Finar Comics
Curious Goods & Comics
Estrella Mountain Comics

I also use those mentioned above for back issues in addition to these:

Brett's Comic Pile
Comics MD
Ninja Pirate Gear
BlueMoon Comics

Not that there aren't tons of other great sellers here. I've bought from and have been pleased with a bunch of other stores, too. These are just the ones that always seem to have stuff on my WishList that I just gotta have. Winking

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get 30% Off Select Comics
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).

Shadowdodger
Posted: Sunday, April 17, 2011 1:54:59 AM

For new comics I still support my LCS.
For back issues I come here.

Shadowdodger says: "Shop at these fine stores"

Bamf!!!! Hall of Heroes ComicsMD ComicVortex
Comic Hunter Legends Comix and Games Blue Moon Comics Comic Cellar
BurningDoom
Posted: Sunday, April 17, 2011 4:12:51 AM

Groups: Beta, Guru, Member, Moderator, Movies Host, Subscriber, TV Host

Shadowdodger wrote:
For back issues I come here.

Same here.

***CHECK OUT MY COMIC TRADING LIST, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE VIDEO GAMES WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

***TRADE COMIC CARDS WITH ME, CLICK HERE***

Make sure that you read and understand the forum rules here
inhumanking
Posted: Sunday, April 17, 2011 9:29:50 AM

Shadowdodger wrote:

i would like to support mine... in fact i DID support them. for the better part of 20 years my monthly pull was at one LCS or another; honestly, it never failed, and customer * service would eventually deteriorate past the unacceptable point, and i had to move on.

* examples:

1) at one LCS, i belonged to a PLATINUM club, where i paid for my comics UP FRONT at the time of submitting my Previews order and received a 25% discount; problems started when items would never ship, and would not be officially cancelled by Diamond. i was $100 + into these items and the LCS owner would only shrug his shoulders. keep in mind, this was a man i considered my friend, i was spending more than $100 a month in his shop and i referred customers to his shop. in the end, i left, and he never saw it as reasonable.

2) at a different LCS, i couldn't understand why random titles on my pull list would not make it into my box. i accepted the LCS owners excuse of being shorted that month or having damaged copies that never were replaced. i discovered that a different employee who hosted CGC sessions (Magic or whatever) in the shop (after it closed) was letting the 'players' go through pull member's boxes & take what they want.

3) i worked for a friend in his LCS for awhile (in the shop & local shows) and ultimately the competitiveness and negativity and bad blood between LCS's, combined with questionable business decisions (not to mention working shows, ugh) just burned me out.

so out of 8 - 10 LCS's (probably more, but some have closed) in my local area over a 20 year period, i've had subscriptions with at least 5 of them.

the most recent (& drastic changes) came from reduced income (by about 45% annually). i had never needed to 'cut' my pull list so much.

enter 'HeroesCorner'... 35%-40% discount on merchandise plus free shipping plus free bags & boards, combined with the gas $ i'd be saving, and it was still a crazy difficult decision to switch from LCS to online. but i did, and after a surprisingly painless and short period of adjustment to getting all my books at one time instead of weekly, i had moved on, and it felt good. (i should point out, HeroesCorner made significant changes in their rates after i was with them for a years +, and that's the only reason i'm not still with them).

if money were no object (as was the case for many years when it came to my hobby) i would probably still be at the LCS every week.

my current supplier is Pat (Comics Castle) here on CCL and i have Zero complaints.

[i can't leave out Jim of Errant Entertainment, who supplied my books for a short time prior to the move to HeroesCorner... he was my introduction to the awesome customer service found on CCL]
inhumanking
Posted: Sunday, April 17, 2011 9:38:41 AM

danscomics wrote:
I can't believe a comic shop would do that.

tell me you're joking... sarcasm, right?
4saken1
Posted: Sunday, April 17, 2011 10:34:18 AM

Shop at My Store

inhumanking wrote:
[i can't leave out Jim of Errant Entertainment, who supplied my books for a short time prior to the move to HeroesCorner... he was my introduction to the awesome customer service found on CCL]

Yeah, Jim was awesome.....Sigh

ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get 30% Off Select Comics
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Every domestic order of 25 or more comics gets FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Though I can't provide Free Shipping on foreign orders, we do offer a $5 refund on postage for purchases of 25 or more comics to foreign countries or a $10 refund if you buy 50 comics (again, foreign orders only).

danscomics
Posted: Sunday, April 17, 2011 1:07:39 PM

Shop at My Store

inhumanking wrote:
danscomics wrote:
I can't believe a comic shop would do that.

tell me you're joking... sarcasm, right?

No, I'm not joking. I'm not saying I don't believe the story, I'm just saying that as an exclamation of surprise. These types of horror stories about any small shop surprise and disgust me. Although I have heard similar stories about an LCS near here, which is why in the next month I will be opening my own where we will be happy to treat customers with respect since, you know, they are going to keep us in business. Laughing

Don't miss out on our Comic Collector's Club Subscription Service. Free Previews, everything comes bagged and boarded, and a minimum of 25% off all items ordered. We also offer free shipping to subscribers that reach certain totals (the amount changes depending on shipping frequency). Plus we are happy to add in back issues and do our best to fill all special requests. Just drop me a message if you are interested.