Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » Comic Book Talk » DC Characters » Wonder Woman Out as UN Ambassador
MoonKnight1
Sunday, December 18, 2016 9:01:47 AM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
In case you hadn't heard: United Nations rips Ambassador title from iconic superheroine.

Basically, back in October Wonder Woman was granted the title of Honorary Ambassador for the Empowerment of Women and Girls. Her mission was the equally ponderous one of raising awareness of the U.N. Sustainable Development Goal No. 5. Confused As soon as she was announced, chaos and outrage ensued which led to the UN removing her from the initiative.

Their statement read in part: "Although the original creators may have intended Wonder Woman to represent a strong and independent warrior woman with a feminist message, the reality is that the character's current iteration is that of a large breasted, white woman of impossible proportions, scantily clad in a shimmery, thigh-baring body suit with an American flag motif and knee high boots --the epitome of a pin-up girl."

Well. Shame on You
Quality. Consistency. Variety. Reliable. Fair. Friendly

lcfrick
Sunday, December 18, 2016 9:05:29 AM
Groups: Member
*facepalm*

There's just nothing to say.
Thundercron
Sunday, December 18, 2016 1:08:32 PM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Here are the comments I posted about it on my Facebook page:

So basically any woman (fictional or otherwise) that is named as a UN ambassador must be flat chested and ugly. Because those qualities negate any other qualities that that woman may have. In related news, if a man (fictional or otherwise) is ever named as a UN ambassador, he must be skinny, unathletic, and a dork. To name anyone else would be insensitve to men. Right?