Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » The Water Cooler » VS » Who here would be interested in a live action battle tournament?

Who here would be interested in a live action battle tournament?

2 pages: [1] 2
ObserverGuy
Sunday, April 23, 2017 9:31:08 PM
Groups: Member
EDIT: format has now been changed to include all live action characters including those from movies. So go nuts now!

Attempted this on a few sites already. Most of them are too inactive (including the one that gave me the format idea ironically) for it to have been carried on, but I see tournaments are still going on in this site even if the participants are limited. That's okay though, I prefer good discussions and people who has a good grasp on characters over a bunch of blind fanboys who just makes stuff up and handwaves as much of a character as they feel like.

Here's how the format is going to work. The characters we will be nominating are going to be characters from live action TV shows. Other mediums can be added later or given their own tournaments depending on popularity and responses. In order to prevent mismatches and have a wide array of characters, we will be nominating a total of 128 TV characters broken up into 4 class divisions comprising of 32 combatants each. Lightweight, middleweight, heavyweight, and super heavyweight were the names given to the division. Yes the site named the divisions after boxing classes, although one member did renamed the super heavyweight class into the Elite class in his tournament. Such class renaming is susceptible for those who thinks we can do better names. If you're confused what class a character belongs in, think where would a character rank based off their power and difficulty level in a fight.

- The lightweight division are for fairly human level opponents. Examples from the other site were folks like Rick Grimes from Walking Dead, Sydney Bristow from Alias and Jack Bauer from 24 to name a few.

- Middleweight division are slightly superhuman characters. Examples from the other site were folks like Buffy Summers, Ka D'argo from Farscape and White Ranger Tommy from Power Rangers.

- Heavyweight division are noticeably superhuman characters. Examples from the other site were folks like Kevin Sorbo Hercules, Jim Powell from No Ordinary Family and Shang Tsung from Mortal Kombat Conquest.

- The final division of super heavyweight is where the really powerful characters go to. Considering the limited budget for TV series, this tends to be the strongest of characters in a TV show. Examples from the other site were Dean Cain Superman, Castiel from Supernatural and the Megazord from Power Rangers.

- It is important to note there are characters who would be too weak for even a LW class. For example while people like shows such as Friends, Mash, and Grey's Anatomy to give some examples, the characters in those are usually not one you would nominate in a battle tournament. It's equally important to note there are characters too strong for even SHW ranking in these tournaments. The division above this is dubbed the S-SHW or cosmic class. These are characters too strong that even the SHW level characters would be no match for them. Examples from the other site from TV were Anthony Freemont from Twilight Zone (Bart Simpson played him in Treehouse of Horror 2 for those not familiar with the character) and Q from Star Trek.

- It is also important to note while those are the general guidelines to the classes, exceptions can be made based off their skills/toughness level, their equipment, weapons and/or gear, and if they were specifically given a vehicle. Examples of skills/toughness level over at the other site for the comic division there were plenty of characters who were fairly human but had a high enough success rate against superhuman MWs to be in that division such as Captain America, Batman, Deathstroke, Prometheus and Cassandra Cain. In regards to the TV characters Xena was originally nominated as a LW but bumped to MW due to her repeatedly being able to best superhuman opponents and ironically ended up winning the MW division. Chuck Bartowski, Echo and Alpha from Dollhouse are other examples though they did not come anywhere close to Xena's success in that division. It is ultimately up to debate of course. The gear and weapons shouldn't be too hard to figure out, but if examples are needed: Heero Yuy from Gundam Wing, Alex Danvers from Supergirl and Ratchet from the video games with just his wrench would only be LWs by themselves. However Heero inside his Gundam, Alex with her powersuit and Ratchet with his full arsenal are completely different stories as now they can take on tougher and stronger opponents.

- If you are still confused, I can post the division lists from the other site as even members there are still confused at times about where a character goes and sometimes a character may seem like a high ender for one division or a low ender for the next division.

Once all 128 character combatants been nominated normally at the other site they would finish off an entire division before moving to the next. I'm going to exercise my own ideas and instead run all divisions simulataneously. Do about 4 matches, then another 4 later on, then another 4, etc until eventually we finish up all matches for the 128 characters. Then of course we will move on to round 2 where the winners from the previous rounds battle each other until we get to a champion for each of the four divisions.

After the individual matches, there will be a second wind for the characters because now all 128 characters will be randomly assigned into teams of 4 comprising of one SHW, HW, MW and LW. This is usually the best part as it really helps characters shine there ups and downs both with their team and against the opposing team.

Characters will be battling in character with standard gear and with any strengths or weaknesses they might have unless their were specifically given something or altered in someway.

Besides the 128 characters, we will also be nominating locations for these characters to be fighting in. Normally a location has to be a minimum of 1 mile wide and usually gets bigger the further up we go. Locations will also be randomly selected and can make or break a match as seen on the other site.

Characters eligible for this tournament will be live action characters from TV shows, miniseries, TV movies, webseries and even movie serials (as they were basically TV shows before the TV was even invented). The other site had a rule that it had to be from a English speaking show, but I'm going to remove that rule and allow foreign language shows too as long as it's available somewhere online or on a DVD where we don't have to move to another country to see it. I just want there to be more than one viewpoint of the character and the more obscure characters can be tricky in this regard.

So who here would be interested? If there are anymore questions, please ask as the more discussions we have the better.
ObserverGuy
Sunday, April 23, 2017 9:38:41 PM
I guess I should also begin by nominating a few combatants to get this started. I'll immediately go for some power houses, and where I would rank them.

Christina Nickson (Point Pleasant) - SHW

Calista Secor (Powers) - HW

Anyone else want to nominate some characters, go for it.

LW (/32)
10K (Z Nation)
Wynonna Earp (Wynonna Earp)
MacGyver (version still pending)
B.A. Baracus (A-Team)
Ash Williams (Evil Dead franchise)
Vanessa Seward (Van Helsing)
Chloe King (Nine Lives of Chloe King)
Kwai Chang Caine (Kung Fu: The Legend Continues)
Judge Joesph Dredd - Karl Urban (2012 Dredd)
Frank Martin w/ car (Transporter films)
Leonidas (300)
John McClane (Die Hard franchise)

MW (/32)
Max (Dark Angel)
Worf (Star Trek)
Cassie Blake (The Secret Circle)
Chris Moore (2009 The Phantom)
Kung Fury (Kung Fury)
Charlene McGee (Firestarter 1 & 2)
Jesse Custer (Preacher)
River Tam (Firefly/Serenity)
Steve Austin (The Bionic Man)
Chance Harper (Strange Luck)
Robocop/Alex Murphy (Robocop franchise)
McTiernan's Predator (Predator franchise)
Number Six - Teresa Palmer (I am Number Four)

HW (18/32)
Calista Secor (Powers)
David Haller (Legion)
Daisy Johnson (Marvel's Agents of SHIELD)
Iris (Angel or Demon)
Yu Wen Tuo (Xuan Yuan Sword: Rift in the Sky)
Fire Serpent (Fire Serpent)
Georgia w/ Devil Diary (Devil's Diary)
Kevin Thompson/Kilgrave (Jessica Jones)
The Tick - Peter Serafinowicz (2017 The Tick)
The Hulk - Lou Ferrigno (Incredible Hulk TV series)
Automan and Walter Nebicher w/ Cursor (Automan)
Corrine (Initiation of Sarah)
Quan Chi w/ undead assassins (Mortal Kombat Conquest)
Sgt Rita Vrataski (10 retries) (Edge of Tomorrow
Serleena (Men in Black 2)
Jefferson Reed/Meteor Man (Meteor Man)
Blue Squadron U-Wing (Laren Joma, Bistan and infantry troops) (Rogue One: A Star Wars Story)
Leprechaun - Warwick Davis (Leprechaun franchise)

SHW (12/32)
Christina Nickson (Point Pleasant)
Samantha Stephens (Bewitched)
Maleficent - Angelina Jolie and Diaval (Maleficent)
Lucy Pervertski w/ Click remote (Epic Movie)
Hera (Hercules: The Legendary Journeys)
Falazure (Dungeons and Dragons 2: Wrath of the Dragon God)
Jena Thorne (Haunting on Sorority Row)
Lucy (full power) (Scarlett Johansson) (Lucy)
Johnny Bartlett (The Frighteners)
Stanley Ipkiss w/ the Mask (The Mask)
Ego (Guardians of the Galaxy 2)
Dr. Manhattan/Jon Osterman (Watchmen)

COSMICS/TOO OVERPOWERED

SPARES
Brian Finch (Limitless) LW/MW?
Sandor Clegane/The Hound (Game of Thrones) LW/MW?
Ezekiel Stone (Brimstone) ??? high end HW at least
Det. Sgt. Delilah Ash/Ashur Badaktu (Brimstone) ??? high end HW at least (Zeke with more powers, but just a little below in skills)
The Jinn (Aladdin and the Death Lamp) ??? high end HW at least
Kahlan Amnell (Legend of the Seeker) MW/HW?
Lore (Star Trek) HW/MW?
Nicci (Legend of the Seeker)
Savitar (The Flash)
Leeloo - Milla Jovovich (Fifth Element)
Inspector Gadget - Matthew Broderick
God - Morgan Freeman from the Almighty movies
Dr Weir. (post possession) Sam Neill (Event Horizon)
Riddick - Vin Deisel (Pitch Black, etc.)
Yondu (Guardians of the Galaxy 2)
Pinhead (Hellraiser) HW (Maybe SHW?)
Tall Man (Phantasm) HW
MoonKnight1
Tuesday, April 25, 2017 10:14:18 AM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
That sounds great! I've got a short list of nominees, will try to get them up today or tomorrow.
Quality. Consistency. Variety. Reliable. Fair. Friendly

Howie's Saying of the Week

Be not afraid of growing slowly, be afraid only of standing still - Chinese Proverb

Take a look at my eBay Store! Hall Liquidations
comicuniversity
Tuesday, April 25, 2017 11:58:53 AM
Groups: Member, Moderator
How about 10K from ZNation.

He would be a lightweight I would think.
ObserverGuy
Tuesday, April 25, 2017 11:45:02 PM
MoonKnight1 wrote:
That sounds great! I've got a short list of nominees, will try to get them up today or tomorrow.

Great! Love that this thing is going underway. Looking forward to your nominations.

comicuniversity wrote:
How about 10K from ZNation.

He would be a lightweight I would think.

Z Nation, LOL I love you dude. I didn't expect to see a Z Nation character nominated this early on, but I love the way you think. Never kept on with the current seasons, but he still doesn't have a name yet? I also see Murphy's cure have developed him the power to control zombies, but he's not much without his zombies. Unless of course someone nominates Murphy and gives him a certain number of zombies straight off the gate. Unless something changed with the cure since last I saw him he was reverting back to human too.

Anyone ever seen that Netflix/Youtube short film Kung Fury that's inspired by retro videos games? Don't know if that dude should be a MW or HW.

Though while I'm here, I figure I can add a LW to the list too.

Wynonna Earp (Wynonna Earp) - LW

That Peacemaker revolver of hers should be fairly interesting when the team battles come.
ObserverGuy
Wednesday, April 26, 2017 12:06:30 AM
typo
MoonKnight1
Wednesday, April 26, 2017 12:06:09 PM
Shop at My Store
I got 10 so far:

LW

MacGyver (not sure which one is better, Richard Dean Anderson or Lucas Till?)
B.A. Baracus (A-Team)
Ash Williams (Ash vs. the Evil Dead) Maybe should move up?

MW

Max (Dark Angel - Jessica Alba)
Brian Finch (Limitless) maybe not the right category?
The Hound (Game of Thrones)
Worf (Star Trek)

HW

David Haller (Legion)
Quake (Marvel's Agents of SHIELD)

SHW

Samantha (Bewitched) Don't laugh. Her powers are nothing to sneeze at Winking . Think about it - just by wiggling her nose she has exhibited the following powers: Teleportation - worldwide and multiple people; Transmutation - changing one thing into another. including living creatures; Mental Manipulation; Pyrokinesis; Weather Control. Pretty much anything imaginable.

What do you think?

Be not afraid of growing slowly, be afraid only of standing still - Chinese Proverb

MoonKnight1
Wednesday, April 26, 2017 12:08:26 PM
Shop at My Store
This part sounds really cool!
ObserverGuy wrote:
After the individual matches, there will be a second wind for the characters because now all 128 characters will be randomly assigned into teams of 4 comprising of one SHW, HW, MW and LW. This is usually the best part as it really helps characters shine thier ups and downs both with their team and against the opposing team.

Let me know if Worf isn't eligible. Wasn't sure if aliens were allowed or if they got the Trump Treatment. Shame on You Big Grin

ObserverGuy
Wednesday, April 26, 2017 6:14:56 PM
Some interesting picks there Moonknight, and I'll voice my thoughts on them.

MoonKnight1 wrote:
I got 10 so far:

LW

MacGyver (not sure which one is better, Richard Dean Anderson or Lucas Till?)
B.A. Baracus (A-Team)
Ash Williams (Ash vs. the Evil Dead) Maybe should move up?

LOL MacGyver. I actually brought him up when attempting the 2nd tournament over at the other site before it became so inactive. It's been ages since I've seen the Richard Dean Anderson version and never seen any of the newer series, so you'll have to make the leap of faith on which one is better.

BA Baracus was a funny one because he was used on the other site's Tournament and people kept on bringing up the A-Team's van as part of his arsenal even though he wasn't suppose to have it.

Ash is in the right department. Unless something drastically happened to him in the later seasons of the show.

MoonKnight1 wrote:
MW

Max (Dark Angel - Jessica Alba)
Brian Finch (Limitless) maybe not the right category?
The Hound (Game of Thrones)
Worf (Star Trek)

Is Brian any different than Bradley Cooper's character from the movie? Because Bradley competed as a LW for that site's movie Tourney. The general consensus was that combatwise he's below an LW but his powers make him interesting enough to stay in the LW. Needless to say Cooper's character got demolished in round 2 by Terminator Salvation's John Connor. So is Brian really any different? If not, he should be an LW.

The Hound aka Sandor is a LW and not even a very good one in my opinion unless he got a recent power up. If you still want to use both Sandor and Brian, I'll have to add them to the LWs unless you can inform me something's drastically different about the current versions of the characters.

Both Max and Worf competed as MWs on that other site's last TOC, so they should be fine there.

MoonKnight1 wrote:
HW

David Haller (Legion)
Quake (Marvel's Agents of SHIELD)

New faces and both looks to be in the right category, adding them now.

MoonKnight1 wrote:
SHW

Samantha (Bewitched) Don't laugh. Her powers are nothing to sneeze at Winking . Think about it - just by wiggling her nose she has exhibited the following powers: Teleportation - worldwide and multiple people; Transmutation - changing one thing into another. including living creatures; Mental Manipulation; Pyrokinesis; Weather Control. Pretty much anything imaginable.

Sure thing I'll add her. Kind of funny I just recently saw the movie with Nicole Kidman only a few days ago. One thing that should be brought up about her though is the in character rule might be a bit of a pain for her as it was for censored era TV characters. For example A-Team characters needed some very convincing arguments from their side because doubters brought up how A-team members shot everything but people and the pro side needed to come up with how a incap victory would occur A-team style.
ObserverGuy
Wednesday, April 26, 2017 6:37:19 PM
MoonKnight1 wrote:
This part sounds really cool!
ObserverGuy wrote:
After the individual matches, there will be a second wind for the characters because now all 128 characters will be randomly assigned into teams of 4 comprising of one SHW, HW, MW and LW. This is usually the best part as it really helps characters shine thier ups and downs both with their team and against the opposing team.

Let me know if Worf isn't eligible. Wasn't sure if aliens were allowed or if they got the Trump Treatment. Shame on You Big Grin

Everyone is eligible, though with Worf, he might be more concerned with a certain internet reputation he has going on. Also yes, this did came up on his solo match.

No one chimed in on Kung Fury yet, so I'll add him as a MW for now. Some other noms of my own.

MW
Cassie Blake (Secret Circle)
Chris Moore (2009 The Phantom)

HW
Iris (Angel or Demon)
Yu Wen Tuo (Xuan Yuan Sword: Rift in the Sky)

I'm exercising my foreign language freedom here, though their levels might change once I finish the series)

SHW
Nicci (Legend of the Seeker)
Savitar (The Flash)

How do people here feel about a ghost, a genie and has anyone here seen Brimstone? The Brimstone folks and the genie I originally had listed as a HW over at the other site, but I'm might be going crazy with them (at least the genie and one Brimstone character) and they should instead be SHW. The ghost was really up to debate,
ObserverGuy
Wednesday, April 26, 2017 9:43:39 PM
Something I like to get some opinions on here. What are people's thoughts on mind control characters like Kilgrave from Jessica Jones, Jesse Custer from Preacher and Kahlan Amnell from Legend of the Seeker (for anyone who has seen that series). Do people think characters like them are more MWs or HWs? I can see arguments for either. For perspective, that other site had Xavier as a low level SHW, Emma Frost as a HW and Gorilla Grodd as a HW too. I guess I should list down all their features for those who wants to break it down.

Jesse Custer - Combat oriented preacher with weapons stored at home, use combat knives, handguns, assault rifles and molotov cocktails in battle before. Main power is Genesis, a angel/demon offspring that is using Jesse as it's host. Grants Jesse the ability to control people via his voice. Powerful enough that if the series follows the comics (sure looking like it) it can even work on the Angel of Death the Saint of Killers. Can even directly kill people. Sent one person to hell accidentally and lit someone on fire in the comics. Only known way around it is not to be able to hear.

Kevin/Kilgrave - No actual combat skills or weapons, just abuses his powers to the max. Powers is a virus that allows him to control whole groups of people. Was able to pull off an Xavier by freezing a whole police station in place to have a conversion with Jessica. Range is 100 meters and effects last for 24 hours before Kilgrave has to dose you again. Through some unknown means, Jessica Jones was able to resist his powers due to being exposed to them longer than anyone else. Probably the easiest to fight off among the 3.

Kahlan Amnell - Probably the most combat oriented person of the 3, and fights with a twin pair of daggers. Comes from a magical fantasy land where she's a Confessor, a being with the ability to control people through touch. Confessing is so powerful that even high end mages don't have a way to reverse it. It's very compatible to this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_0SYH7O1bo. Kahlan also has a extra power called the Con Dar aka the blood rage. This grants Kahlan the ability to confess people without touch and also gives her some telekinesis. However she needs to be really angry to access this power. Only 3 known examples of it being fought off. The boxes of Orden can undo confession, but it's a powerful box broken into 3 that allows people to control the world, so er, yeah. Should also be mentioned confession also works on those who controls the box of Orden too, it's literally who gets first shot deal. Jensen Rahl is the other and she's basically an anti-magic deus ex machina. All magic gets completely neutralized around her. She's been used to get through powerful magical forcefields used to protect areas, neutralize a curse that turned an area basically into a magical minefield, and even the box of Orden can't do jack against her. Final example was when Kahlan herself when she got her powers siphoned/copied by Nicci and confessed herself. It should be pointed out though that Kahlan eventually broke it off after being controlled for 2 episodes, Nicci might've had a weaker version of the power since a confessor's powers are tied to their soul and Kahlan's powers didn't seem to be affected by the siphoning, Kahlan is the mother confessor (ala the most powerful) and she was only able to break out of it after she realized she killed Richard. So very extreme circumstances can fight it off unless you just straight up kill the confessor. The confessed will be freed if the Confessor is dead.

So do people think those descriptions are of a MW or HW? The HW hesitation comes from how all 3 still has human physique and can be killed normally, and there are some ways to "dodge" it unless you're up against Kilgrave and it's debatable how well they can fight off getting mind controlled themselves if someone manages to pull it off on them. The other hesitation also comes from how one of my nominations (Yu Wen Tuo) has anti-control magic and the other (Iris) is a manipulator/controller herself with mind control resistance, and both have loads of other powers, and they're both HWs themselves. Granted they're high ender HWs from what I'm seeing of them so far though.
ObserverGuy
Wednesday, April 26, 2017 9:57:15 PM
I also want to say how funny I find it that so far we're only nominating and talking about the more obscure, original or modified comic characters instead of all the well known ones. Next thing someone will be nominating one of those supporting super character from the show Powerless. Also speaking of more obscure, I vote for two from a TV movies and a miniseries.

Fire Serpent (Fire Serpent) - HW
Georgia w/ Devil Diary (Devil's Diary) - HW
Charlene McGee (Firestarter 1 & 2) - MW

Those are fine right? Not too strong for their division?

I almost feel like I want someone to nominate the older fighters from that other sites TV tournament just to see how stronger the characters in this tourney is in comparison.

Also lets specify some details like weapons and current powers/mindset for people not in the know of some of these characters. For example while Wynonna Earp routinely carries around peacemaker, she also uses a regular handgun too and I'll have to see the rest of the episodes to see what other weapons she has carried. For those who has seen Powers, this is obviously Secor throughout season 2 and not season 1 when she didn't have any powers. This is also current Cassie Blake last we saw her after she has tapped into quite a lot of dark magic and became more of a fighter as oppose to her in the early half of the season when she was still quite damsel like. This is also current Christina Nickson last we saw her when she's basically in path of destruction mode.
MoonKnight1
Friday, April 28, 2017 11:33:10 AM
Shop at My Store
To answer some of your questions:

Brian Finch is basically a watered down version of Bradley Cooper so far. He's basically a planner and investigator who sometimes gets into some action. He can sort of predict an opponents movements based on observation but doesn't seem to be much of a fighter.

I was wondering about BA's van. I mean, it was his but would that be something useful anyway?

I was considering nominating a genie...Whistle

Definitely down with Jesse Custer. I had been thinking about nominating him. Same thing with Killgrave. I do think that Killgrave should be in a higher bracket than Jesse due to the wider range of his power. As far as I can tell, Preacher can only affect one person at a time? On the other hand, Purple Man has been shown to control dozens at once.

Note on Ash Williams: I am assuming he would have his Boomstick but I'm wondering what would be on his right wrist? The chainsaw or the mechanical hand? He has used both in the current TV show so maybe he can use either or both?

Here are my new nominees:

The Tick (Patrick Warburton) HW

River (Firefly) - OK, in the TV show she didn't show all of her abilities. But in Serenity it was shown that she was a Bad@$$. Would it be assumed that she has Serenity abilities in her Firefly persona? I think yes. MW

Going old school!

Steve Austin - the Bionic Man One of the first cyborgs on television. MW

Automan - Fantastic show about a police computer programmer who created an Automatic Man - a hologram who, along with his sidekick Cursor, helped fight crime. HW

Chance Harper (Strange Luck) - Think of Chance as if he was a cross between the Black Cat and Mayhem from the insurance commercials. His "power" is being kind of lucky. Every lottery ticket he scratches is a winner, he was the only survivor of a horrific plane crash, he always seems to end up in dangerous situations but every time comes out unscathed while his opponent(s) fall prey to his strange luck. MW

Lore (Star Trek: The Next Generation) All the power and strengths of Data with none of restraint. HW

And just because well I mean duh - Incredible Hulk (Lou Ferrigno) HW Yes, I know he is not as powerful as his comics counterpart but he is still bulletproof and can toss around a tank or three.

Still trying to think of some Super Heavyweights. Think

ObserverGuy
Friday, April 28, 2017 11:54:12 PM
MoonKnight1 wrote:
To answer some of your questions:

Brian Finch is basically a watered down version of Bradley Cooper so far. He's basically a planner and investigator who sometimes gets into some action. He can sort of predict an opponents movements based on observation but doesn't seem to be much of a fighter.

Alright then. Do you still want to nominate him? If so, he'll have to be a LW because doesn't sound like he'll be much of threat to even the higher ranking LWs.

MoonKnight1 wrote:
I was wondering about BA's van. I mean, it was his but would that be something useful anyway?

I haven't seen A-Team, I'm assuming the van had guns in it? Did BA himself specifically ever used it for combat or just travel and shielding?

MoonKnight1 wrote:
I was considering nominating a genie...Whistle

Nothing is stopping you if you had a genie in mind.

MoonKnight1 wrote:
Definitely down with Jesse Custer. I had been thinking about nominating him. Same thing with Killgrave. I do think that Killgrave should be in a higher bracket than Jesse due to the wider range of his power. As far as I can tell, Preacher can only affect one person at a time? On the other hand, Purple Man has been shown to control dozens at once.

So would you say MW for Jesse and HW for Kilgrave? BTW I'm totally giving Jesse his weapons he brings with him to a fight here (combat knife, handgun, assault rifle and molotov cocktail).

I believe Jesse can control more than one person, but since it's activated by his voice, the range is much more limited than Kilgrave's range.

MoonKnight1 wrote:
Note on Ash Williams: I am assuming he would have his Boomstick but I'm wondering what would be on his right wrist? The chainsaw or the mechanical hand? He has used both in the current TV show so maybe he can use either or both?

He had both the metal hand and chainsaw throughout the series, so yes he'll get both, even though he obviously can only use one at a time. I would expect him to get his boomstick too as numerus other LWs too get their guns.

MoonKnight1 wrote:
Here are my new nominees:

The Tick (Patrick Warburton) HW

River (Firefly) - OK, in the TV show she didn't show all of her abilities. But in Serenity it was shown that she was a Bad@$$. Would it be assumed that she has Serenity abilities in her Firefly persona? I think yes. MW

Going old school!

Steve Austin - the Bionic Man One of the first cyborgs on television. MW

Automan - Fantastic show about a police computer programmer who created an Automatic Man - a hologram who, along with his sidekick Cursor, helped fight crime. HW

Chance Harper (Strange Luck) - Think of Chance as if he was a cross between the Black Cat and Mayhem from the insurance commercials. His "power" is being kind of lucky. Every lottery ticket he scratches is a winner, he was the only survivor of a horrific plane crash, he always seems to end up in dangerous situations but every time comes out unscathed while his opponent(s) fall prey to his strange luck. MW

Lore (Star Trek: The Next Generation) All the power and strengths of Data with none of restraint. HW

And just because well I mean duh - Incredible Hulk (Lou Ferrigno) HW Yes, I know he is not as powerful as his comics counterpart but he is still bulletproof and can toss around a tank or three.

Still trying to think of some Super Heavyweights. Think

Tick - He can work as a HW depending how much leeway you're willing to give him. If you need clarification what I mean by that, he competed as a HW in that other site's TV tourney and he was frustrating for many of his opponents because that other site nominated too many physical fighters and they all had a hard time taking him down. The pro Tick camp was using cartoon and comic power levels for him because nothing contradicted it and the same guy made all 3. I think the general argument was that since there wasn't much fighting in the series, but plenty mentions of cartoon and comic power level and none of his onscreen feats contradicts them, it was fair game to use it. I took a look at some episodes and see what they mean. Tick does the rooftop jumps like in the cartoons/comics, he does the whole henchmen dog piles him then he overpowers them like in the cartoons/comics, and they made repeated mention of offscreen fight against a 50ft cow where Tick apparently threw a dump truck at it, etc. So I think it's fair if people want to use the same mindset with Tick here.

That being said, there's a big difference between that tourney and this tourney. Just looking the current competitors: Fire Serpent, Iris, chick with the Devil Dairy, Yu Wen Tuo, and likely David Haller (need to watch the final episode to see how stable he becomes) would all beat Tick. Considering Kilgrave and Jesse are joining, there's some more people added to the list. So Tick definitely won't be as hard to beat here as he was there.

River Tam was also a competitor on the other tourney as a MW too. I heard all her feats comes from Serenity, but that's fine. They're both part of the same continuity, so both could be used. I expect the same with characters like Charlene McGee where her 1st movie is a theater release and the sequel is a miniseries (which is how she got here). Though ironically most of Charlene's feats are from the miniseries. Though question, is River Tam weaponless like she was for most of the film, or do you want to be nice and give her some swords like she had at the end of the film?

Same thing with Steve Austin regarding the other site's tourney too. Guess I'll be seeing some familiar faces here.

Never heard of Automan and Chance Harper, so points there for originality. What can Automan do exactly, and does he get his sidekick cursor with that HW nomination? Wiki didn't exactly give me much details on his capabilities.

Lore I think is only a MW, but there is some shall we say issues here. In my experience venturing many sites, if there are characters who has a tendency to get overblown from the science fiction genre, they would be Data and Boba Fett. From the Star Trek reruns and my vague recollection watching it growing up, I know Data gets one shotted too many times. His super strength wasn't that great as it was mainly things like minorly bending metal and opening jammed doors. He hasn't done any drastic like the Terminator or Robocop has done, and for the most part is on the level of a synthetic from the Alien films. Yet despite this, I seen too many sites treating the two of them like they can demonish Terminators, Robocop, Jedis, Sith Lords and many others.

So what are the levels would you personally place them as far as strength/durability goes and who they can defeat in a fight? I've learned if people are going to overblow characters, then by all means rank them as such.

Was Lou's Hulk really that strong as you described? He also competed on that other site's tourney and people didn't really have too great of an opinion on him. Some users mentioned things like how he bled from a handgun and glass, and died from falling off a plane. For physical strength, I managed to find a video of him going off against a tank: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a-M0IcgPRfI (starts around 36:45 min)

Pretty impressive as he bent the cannon barrel and overpowered it, but not sure if he could've tossed it going off how he pushed it off road instead. Though if you know of other episodes that indicated this, please share. Humourously Kung Fury was able to both slam down a tank then throw it pretty far. Also kind of funny is that Jim Powell (played by the Thing's Michael Chiklis) from No Ordinary Family was seen more as comic Hulk than Lou's Hulk.

Actually here's a good question, how well do you think you're old school nominees can do against the likes of Spiderman, Captain America, Hawkman, Static Shock, Batman, Batman Beyond and Deathstroke in 1 vs 1 combat? That should give a good indicator if they belong in the MW or HW.
ObserverGuy
Saturday, April 29, 2017 12:39:33 AM
Guess I'll add some more names to the list while I'm here.

John Kennex (Almost Human) - LW

now lets throw in some metahumans and mystical folks..

Vanessa Helsing (Van Helsing) - LW
Chloe King (Nine Lives of Chloe King) - LW
Kwai Chang Caine (Kung Fu: The Legend Continues) - LW

some childhood memories...

Robocop/Alex Murphy (Robocop: The Series) - MW

I think the HWs need some mages and there's tons I can think, but I guess I throw in a obscure one and an interesting one.

Corrine (Initiation of Sarah) - HW
Quan Chi w/ undead assassins (Mortal Kombat Conquest) - HW

For clarification, the undead assassins aka Quan Chi's angels are these three ladies.

I guess I'll throw in some SHWs. One should fit right in, the other two hopefully can be considered high enders.

Hera (Hercules: The Legendary Journeys) - SHW
Falazure (Dungeons and Dragons 2: Wrath of the Dragon God) - SHW
Jena Thorne (Haunting on Sorority Row) - SHW

BTW Moonknight, would you want me to give some descriptions and general rundown on some of my picks for you to judge them better?
ObserverGuy
Friday, June 02, 2017 12:37:26 AM
Bumping because I just starting watching Automan and I got to say, I'm impressed. It's like a crossover between Tron and Ghost Writer.

Though I feel like it should be Automan, Cursor and the creator Walter to be the proper functioning team. Definitely a interesting and unique HW trio needless to say.

Actually I was just having a discussion on the other site, and who here would be interested if I change it to a live action character tournament? As in movie characters are allowed too? If this happens, I'm immediately removing John Kennex and putting in his upgraded Karl Urban form, Judge Dredd.
ObserverGuy
Friday, June 02, 2017 10:49:58 PM
After thinking about it, I'm allowing all live action characters in now including those from movies. So have fun with you selections people!

I'm changing my vote for John Kennex to Karl Urban's ugraded form of Judge Dredd as well as adding some other names. Please let me know if people think these rankings are proper.

Judge Joesph Dredd (2012 Dredd) - LW
Frank Martin w/ car (Transporter films) - LW

Sgt Rita Vrataski (10 retries) (Edge of Tomorrow) - HW

Lucy (full power) (Lucy) - SHW
Johnny Bartlett (The Frighteners) - SHW
MoonKnight1
Friday, June 09, 2017 2:30:05 PM
Shop at My Store
ObserverGuy wrote:
Bumping because I just starting watching Automan and I got to say, I'm impressed. It's like a crossover between Tron and Ghost Writer.

Though I feel like it should be Automan, Cursor and the creator Walter to be the proper functioning team. Definitely a interesting and unique HW trio needless to say.

Wow, where did you find it? It's been such a long time since I watched it that I was wondering how it held up. I love Cursor, pretty nifty little sidekick.

ObserverGuy wrote:
After thinking about it, I'm allowing all live action characters in now including those from movies. So have fun with you selections people!

Uh-Oh! It is on! That is a can of worms I am looking forward to diving into.

I've been totally swamped lately but I finally will have a chance to catch my breath this weekend. I'll get a list together and post it either Saturday or Sunday.

MoonKnight1
Saturday, June 10, 2017 8:37:33 AM
Shop at My Store
Question #1: What about adding multiple characters from the same movie? i.e. Load up on Jedi Knights

Question #2: How about multiple characters played by the same actor/actress? i.e. Milla Jovovich as Leeloo from The Fifth Element and also her as Alice from the Resident Evil flicks?

I'm liking this! Hopefully more CCLers will get involved! Daydreaming Call Me

ObserverGuy
Saturday, June 10, 2017 8:54:07 PM
MoonKnight1 wrote:
ObserverGuy wrote:

Wow, where did you find it? It's been such a long time since I watched it that I was wondering how it held up. I love Cursor, pretty nifty little sidekick.

I found it on this site. Seems like they have all the episodes.
http://sockshare.net/watch/ox05AlGe-automan-season-1.html

I think I'm going to nickname those 3 Tron, Ghost Writer and Jem. Humourously enough, they're probably closer to the real Jem than that abomination movie from 2015. That movie is basically Justin Beiber 2.0.

MoonKnight1 wrote:
ObserverGuy wrote:

Uh-Oh! It is on! That is a can of worms I am looking forward to diving into.

I've been totally swamped lately but I finally will have a chance to catch my breath this weekend. I'll get a list together and post it either Saturday or Sunday.

Cool! Really looking forward to that list.

MoonKnight1 wrote:
Question #1: What about adding multiple characters from the same movie? i.e. Load up on Jedi Knights

Multiple characters is fine. Just remember not to get too excessive since we only have 32 slots per division. Personally I also always wanted to see TV characters having to fight Star Wars characters since that's the one franchise that doesn't have any live action TV series.

MoonKnight1 wrote:
Question #2: How about multiple characters played by the same actor/actress? i.e. Milla Jovovich as Leeloo from The Fifth Element and also her as Alice from the Resident Evil flicks?

Multiple characters played by the same actor is fine too again as long as it's not too excessive. I want to aim for a good dose of variety here.

MoonKnight1 wrote:
I'm liking this! Hopefully more CCLers will get involved! Daydreaming Call Me

Hopefully some former CCLers might like it too. I wonder what happened to that previous person who originally nominated 10K from Z Nation?

NOW I have some questions for you Moonknight. What do you think about franchises like Buffy the Vampire Slayer/Angel, Vampire Diaries/Originals, Heroes, Supernatural and all the many Marvel and DC live action properties out there? I know those series are quite popular (to an extent), and some of the Marvel and DC folks have already been nominated. I honestly wouldn't shed a tear if characters from those franchises don't compete because many of their powers are quite generic and repetitive of one another, and my feelings for those shows are mixed. On the flipside I feel like something is missing if at least a few characters from those franchise doesn't get to fight.