Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » Comics Marketplace » The Buyer's Corner » Scalper's wrong about the "The Source"

Scalper's wrong about the "The Source"

monidaw1
Wednesday, October 17, 2018 5:42:23 PM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
C Cover, the glow in the dark cover is not a 1:20. It's an UNLOCKABLE Cover. If you buy 10 copies of A you can order unlimited copies of B. If you buy 20 copies of A you can buy unlimited copies of C. Here it is straight from Diamond's website copypasted.

"(NOTE: Retailers purchasing 10 copies of Cover A will unlock unlimited orders of Cover B. Retailers purchasing 20 copies of Cover A will unlock unlimited orders of Cover C. Please reach out to you CS rep with questions about retailer incentives.)"

Here's what the scalper guy is telling you.
"This week sees the release of the Scout Comics title, The Source. The first issue is sold out at the retailer level and has been selling for $10+ online. This book has a 1 in 20 Glow in the Dark variant cover as well as a first appearance Ashcan - both the 1:20 Variant and the Ashcan variant are still available on the Scout Comics website for well under what they've been selling for on ebay. The main hesitation I have of ordering off the Scout comics website is the uncertainty that these books will maintain there current value."

In addition, A cover isn't Sold Out yet, it's in back order status which means 500 more copies may become available tomorrow, this weekend or next week. That happens every week to many books that have more copies arrive at Diamond after the initial release date all the time.
Item Status B/O Not Stocked

Thundercron
Wednesday, October 17, 2018 8:43:56 PM
Shop at My Store
I hate it when sellers say a new comic is "sold out." The term can mean any number of things, most of which are not reflective of the actual term.
monidaw1
Thursday, October 18, 2018 8:09:45 AM
Shop at My Store
In this case there's no telling how many B's and C's are out there.

If you bought 20 A's you could also have bought 20 B's and 20 C's. That also generally tends to open you up to being able to keep purchasing more copies directly or thru back order until Diamond is completely out and switches to the Ghostbuster symbol for the listing. (Red circle with the slash thru it) I've sold over $200 in Kiss Qty variants at the auction place since Monday morning alone to multiple buyers and some KISS AOD A and B cover bundled sets even though many of the variants were ordered after the initial order in qtys unlimited or tied to initial orders. I don't think CCL even has all the Kiss AOD variants added yet for us to offer them here.