Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » Collecting » Toys and Action Figures » Power Ranger Thunderzords - odd alternate version

Power Ranger Thunderzords - odd alternate version

bluedevil2002
Sunday, November 04, 2018 11:32:55 AM
Groups: Member
When I was a kid, I got the full set of Thunderzords (season 2 of Power Rangers). My kid has taken a liking to playing with them, but we had a slight mishap when he dropped them and the arm of the Red Dragon Thunderzord broke off.

I went to ebay to find a replacement, and found this listing: https://www.ebay.com/itm/253912436565?ViewItem=&item=253912436565

When I received it, the item in the box did not match the zord I was trying to replace. You can see it in one of the pictures. The scales along the neck and back (or legs in warrior mode) are longer and curved. The tail/chestpiece is a different style, and there is an extra head that looks like a snake.

Due to the different shape of the scales, it won't fit into the other zords that make up the feet of Megazord.

My buddy and I spent a fair amount of time searching the internet, and can't find any mentions of an alternate Red Dragon Thunderzord. I'm thinking that maybe it's a Japanese version.

Anyone know anything about it?