Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » Comic Book Talk » Comics, Other Publishers » Savage Dragon Tradepaperback
frank666
Thursday, December 27, 2018 6:03:39 AM
Groups: Member, Subscriber
I am just asking myself about why there is such a mixup with the Savage Dragon Tradepaperbacks.

On one side you have Savage Dragon (2002) where you have the issues 1, 9 & 11. And the rest are seperate like Savage Dragon: gang war which is #6 but in the archive it is seperate.
Xylob
Thursday, December 27, 2018 8:18:20 AM
Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber
Per the guidelines, if a TPB isn't numbered by the publisher it is added verbatim per the indicia, regardless of the content.
Otherwise, it should be noted in both the title bio and issue bio what issues are reprinted and then reference where it would go in the other title were it numbered.
If you have any of the 'separate' TPBs in hand and can confirm that they are in fact numbered by the publisher (provide a photo of "#6" actually printed on the spine or a scan of the indicia showing the numbering) then it's a very easy fix.

Unfortunately, consistency is not something we should expect from the publishers...
Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...
SwiftMann
Thursday, December 27, 2018 12:27:01 PM
Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Years ago, when CCL first added the trade paperback section, there were a number of folks that populated titles (myself included) with assumed trade volume numbering.

CCL squashed that (for understandable reasons - how would someone know it's Savage Dragon Vol 11 if it doesn't say that ANYWHERE in or on the book) and unnumbered trades need to be individual listings.

I do not believe the Savage Dragon trades are numbered (I only read the monthlies), but as Xylob points out, it's possible some where along its 25 year history.