Might as well start this up.

Topic #1 Joe Flacco to the Broncos?

Howie's Saying of the Week

There are seven days in the week and "Someday" isn't one of them - Anon

Take a look at my eBay Store! Hall Liquidations
lcfrick
Wednesday, February 13, 2019 8:22:09 PM
Groups: Member
It's something that I know had to happen. Flacco was done in Baltimore (even more so when Harbaugh refused to put him in during the Wild Card game).

Still, it's sad to see Flacco leave Baltimore. He's the man who brought a Super Bowl to Baltimore and was known for being good when it counted in clutch situations and the post-season. He had the famous dump-off to Ray Rice on 4th and 29 in San Diego for Hey Diddle-diddle Ray Rice up the middle (usually forgotten is the Ravens lost the next three games after the Chargers and only clinched the division when they beat the Giants in week 16). He had the much more famous Mile High Miracle/Rocky Mountain Rainbow that tied the game late against the Broncos in the divisional round. And signature come from behind wins at Pittsburgh in both 2010 and 2011.

My favorite play Joe Flacco play of all time was from Super Bowl XLVII when the Ravens had a 3rd and 1 about midway through the 4th quarter, leading by 2, near midfield, and after the 49ers stacked the line of scrimmage against the run Flacco audibled to a pass play and completed it to Anquan Boldin for 15 yards. That led to a Tucker field goal which proved to be the margin of victory.

The play

No matter what Lamar Jackson does in Baltimore (and I hope he does a lot). He will never be "The Man" to me, because that will always be Joe Flacco.

Joe Flacco was never a guy who would compile stats in the regular season. He was never the guy to get you to the post-season. He was the guy that if you got to the post-season, would win you games there. It's why he's Joe Cool and January Joe.

And as much as I hate John Elway... the Broncos will be my #2 team this upcoming season as long as Joe is the starting QB. (Jumping ahead of the Colts, but still behind the Ravens.)
monidaw1
Sunday, February 17, 2019 6:27:20 PM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Due to an infection Alex Smith out ALL of 2019?

Is there actually anything to get excited about for 2019? Maybe when Howie finishes unpacking he can see if he can find the antibiotics. They had to be in one of those boxes.
MoonKnight1
Monday, February 18, 2019 5:35:36 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
monidaw1 wrote:
Due to an infection Alex Smith out ALL of 2019?

Is there actually anything to get excited about for 2019? Maybe when Howie finishes unpacking he can see if he can find the antibiotics. They had to be in one of those boxes.

Let's see, I found Joe Thiesmann's tibia, Dexter Manley's 3rd Grade Spelling Book (in Mint Condition), Clinton Portis' Janky Spanky costume, a sliver of Sonny Jurgenson's liver and the spare key to Dan Snyder's villa on the Riviera but no Alex Smith antibiotics. Wall

lcfrick
Monday, February 18, 2019 7:56:07 PM
And apparently the reason why the Flacco trade to Denver got done so quickly was because the Redskins reached out and expressed interest in trading for him as well. (Though hell if I know how they would have managed to do that given their cap situation.)
MoonKnight1
Friday, February 22, 2019 12:07:38 PM
Shop at My Store

monidaw1
Friday, February 22, 2019 6:38:35 PM
Shop at My Store
"Deflate Gate II"
This Time it's not a football getting deflated"
Coming soon to a news media near you!!!!
monidaw1
Friday, March 08, 2019 2:28:20 PM
Shop at My Store
The wheels on the bus go round and round.

Quote:
down to the fact that it managed to find some semblance of a franchise quarterback in the middle rounds of the draft six years ago – something that isn’t easy to do! – but let him walk in free agency. The Kirk Cousins circle of life, man. He emerges on the market, making him the desired free agent of choice for the Vikings, who subsequently allowed Keenum to walk and slide in to replace Paxton Lynch and Trevor Siemian. Siemian then heads to Minnesota to back up Cousins, and Keenum gets hustled out of town in Denver, to ultimately reclaim the position vacated by Cousins two years ago.
monidaw1
Saturday, March 16, 2019 12:21:38 PM
Shop at My Store
Quote:
Adrian Peterson Re-signed...AP, Guice & Chris Thompson = Best Three-Headed Monster in Football
The Redskins re-signed RB Adrian Peterson to a two-year, 8 million dollar contract on Wednesday. He'll receive $1.5 million to sign with a $1.03 million base salary. In 2020, Peterson will have a $2.25 million base salary with up to $250,000 in bonuses for being on the 46-man roster. It also comes with $1.5 million in incentive bonuses each season.
Derrius Guice, Chris Thompson thrilled to have Adrian Peterson back in the saddle | NBC Sports Washington
Adrian Peterson agreed to a two-year $8 million contract extension with the Redskins, and his teammates in Washington's backfield are thrilled.

Maybe now that he's signed for two more we'll finally get a Redskin Pop Figure. Big Grin
MoonKnight1
Tuesday, March 19, 2019 6:10:37 PM
Shop at My Store
One thing I can say with certainty is that the AFC North is going to look a whole lot different this year.

lcfrick
Tuesday, March 19, 2019 8:27:33 PM
MoonKnight1 wrote:
One thing I can say with certainty is that the AFC North is going to look a whole lot different this year.

However the same team will still be on top at the end of it!

I was all ready to root for the Cardinals as one of my tertiary teams... until I found out that Suggs flat out turned down a better deal from the Ravens to play for the Cardinals. I have no problem with players having no loyalty to a team, especially if they offer less money than somewhere else (no grudge against Mosley for signing with the Jets), but Suggs turning down more money from the team that he's played his entire 16 year career with and said he wanted to be a life-long Raven... that hurts, even if he grew up in Arizona and went to college there. I still love Suggs, but I won't be rooting for the Cardinals at all. (Unlike Flacco and the Broncos. Can't get much classier than Joe Flacco has been for the last year.)