Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » CCL News » CCL Website/Live Market » Changes To Paypal Fees
Thundercron
Friday, April 12, 2019 9:49:08 AM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Just got a notice from Paypal about changes to the user agreement. The big one here is that they will no longer be refunding the Paypal fees when a seller gives a refund.

There have been many sellers here who have asked for a discount code feature to use when running sales. Personally, I always thought that request was on the bottom of the list of changes I'd like to see on CCL. Now, that change has moved to the top of the list. I'd be more hesitant to run sales with the new Paypal rules in effect.
monidaw1
Friday, April 12, 2019 10:42:01 AM
Quote:
Amendments to the PayPal Account User Agreement
We’re removing the flat rate pricing for sending money to friends and family members who have PayPal accounts in a country other than the United States and introducing a new variable fee of 5% based on the amount you send with a minimum of $0.99 and a maximum of $4.99 per transaction. We’re also removing any variation depending on the recipient’s country.
We are changing the currency conversion spread to 3.25% over a base exchange rate in situations where you are a sender of money in a PayPal transaction.
We’re changing how we treat refunds. If you refund (partially or fully) a transaction to a buyer or a donation to a donor, there are no fees to make the refund, but the fees you originally paid as the seller will not be returned to you.

These changes will go into effect on May 7, 2019.

And still we have no coupon/discount code option so sales can be conducted to have discounts taken PRIOR TO CHECKING OUT!!!!!!

An option to remove PayPal as a payment source would be nice also. There are alternatives out there.

In other things that you still haven't fixed
Detective Comics 976A
Old Man Logan 36A
Zombie Tramp 43A

Are all still trapped in the Que with any upload attempts failing. We cannot load those issues to market some for maybe 6 months now.
MoonKnight1
Friday, April 12, 2019 10:42:34 AM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
That is totally bogus. Don't know how they can even do that legally.

Definitely need a point of purchase discount here now more than ever.

Howie's Saying of the Week

Wahoo-wa! - Me

Check out my eBay store: Hall Liquidations
monidaw1
Saturday, April 13, 2019 12:37:28 PM
Thundercron
Saturday, April 13, 2019 2:15:10 PM
Shop at My Store
monidaw1 wrote:

Tell me about it. Lousy Paypal.
monidaw1
Wednesday, April 17, 2019 3:59:50 PM
5 Days without an official comment.

I would add that a setting to prevent checking out with less than (X Number) of items is waaaaaay past due since many people either can't read, will not read or cannot count even though I know the cart displays the item total clearly visable.

I noticed another store closing and reducing the minnimum order while on the way out the door to 20 items. I imagine as many people as I see that can't count to 10, he must be having a lot more trouble finding people that can count higher than that. Big Grin

Simple sounding, reasonable requests that have been made over and over again for years now still being ignored and now the Paypals about to start screwing us clock is ticking.

20 DAYS TO GO!!!
Wall

lcfrick
Thursday, April 18, 2019 9:44:41 AM
Groups: Member
Something else that Paypal appears to have changed that won't make anyone happy.

After placing an order on CCL, paying by credit card through Paypal, and getting a refund, the refund is showing as pending (which has never happened before) and the refund is being shown to Paypal Cash balance, rather than as a refund to my credit card.

It's still pending, so the status may change after it no longer is, but if that refund goes to Paypal Cash balance, I'm going to be seriously annoyed and raise a stink about it with Paypal.
KnifeTricks
Thursday, April 18, 2019 10:14:06 AM
Groups: Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, Subscriber
Hmm. I'll keep this on my radar. Let me talk with Joe about the possibility of a store discount function in this next update. I know we've discussed it in the past and there were some programming roadblocks.

Edit: We're planning out a discount code module for this next update. Should be a good time to make the addition since listing books is moving from the desktop software to the website.

There might be a few weeks of having to deal with the new PayPal fee changes when running sales. It just depends on the logistics of building out this module.

Chance Butler
Graphics

e-mail us at helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
MoonKnight1
Thursday, April 18, 2019 11:18:21 AM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Some excellent news to digest here!

KnifeTricks wrote:
Hmm. I'll keep this on my radar. Let me talk with Joe about the possibility of a store discount function in this next update. I know we've discussed it in the past and there were some programming roadblocks.

Edit: We're planning out a discount code module for this next update. Should be a good time to make the addition since listing books is moving from the desktop software to the website.

Next Update & Discount Code Module. Dancing Applause Daydreaming

I'm hoping to be included in any Beta testing scenario. Winking

Howie's Saying of the Week

Wahoo-wa! - Me

Check out my eBay store: Hall Liquidations
KnifeTricks
Thursday, April 18, 2019 1:47:32 PM
MoonKnight1 wrote:
Some excellent news to digest here!

KnifeTricks wrote:

Next Update & Discount Code Module. Dancing Applause Daydreaming

I'm hoping to be included in any Beta testing scenario. Winking

We're getting close. First beta test will be with fake data on test servers.

Chance Butler
Graphics

Thundercron
Thursday, April 18, 2019 3:42:39 PM
Shop at My Store
I appreciate Howie's optimism. Unfortunately, I was told beta testing would begin late January. We're almost to May now.
4saken1
Thursday, April 18, 2019 5:57:20 PM
Shop at My Store
I will try to remain optimistic.

How long did we wait for the last update after it was initially announced? NO! Fight it, Jeff! FIGHT IIIIITTT!!!
ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get some comics for 30% off
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Domestic orders of 25 or more comics qualify for FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Priority Mail orders of 25 or more comics receive a $5 refund (Foreign or Domestic orders).
KnifeTricks
Friday, April 19, 2019 9:47:52 AM
We probably could have shipped an update in Jan. but we decided to work on a few important changes that hopefully bring traffic to the site. I could detail out the changes, but I doubt you guys are interested in excuses.

We'll just let the update speak for itself when the time comes.

Chance Butler
Graphics

monidaw1
Monday, April 22, 2019 10:37:16 AM

Having 2 copies of Variant A and 2 copies for Variant B for Flash 42 might fix the problem with the Old Man Logan, Detective Comic and Zombie Tramp pictured above. I couldn't get books to upload just now using one of the 2 identical variants but the copies loaded onto the 2nd identical variant went up fine.

Quote:
Should be a good time to make the addition since listing books is moving from the desktop software to the website.

Is that more of that cloud stuff that says if our internet quits working like it did for an hour or so this morning while I was trying to upload comics, that we have no reference for what we have to sell to walk-ins?

I lost count of how many tornadoes hit the State Friday, 11 maybe? That's always good for internet connection reliability.

Some type of offline accessible source for at least viewing what's in a cloud somewhere online but not accessible right now needs to be included.
monidaw1
Monday, April 22, 2019 3:48:08 PM
That seems to be working. I was finally able to get Detective Comics 976A to upload to market by using the second 976A instead of the 1st 976A.

I had the same problem with Action Comics 999A. Apparently using the first version of the A Variants fails but the Second version of the A Variants uploads.

Now to check on the Old Man Logan and Zombie to see if you added a Second a Variant of those to try.
monidaw1
Monday, April 22, 2019 3:52:02 PM
Old Man logan 36A is now online using the Second Old Man Logan 36A Variant to upload it.

Now to try it with Zombie Tramp.
monidaw1
Monday, April 22, 2019 3:55:30 PM
No good.

Zombie Tramp 43A doesn't have a Duplicate option for loading an A Cover. I guess I have to wait for you to make one like you did with the other 4 comics.
KnifeTricks
Tuesday, April 23, 2019 9:32:53 AM
monidaw1 wrote:
No good.

Zombie Tramp 43A doesn't have a Duplicate option for loading an A Cover. I guess I have to wait for you to make one like you did with the other 4 comics.

I'm not sure what you're talking about, and none of this has anything to do with changes to PayPal fees. Please make a new thread, or better yet call us and we'll try to help you out. I'm sure your desktop software has some mismatching with the live database.

Chance Butler
Graphics

Mobtownjoe
Wednesday, April 24, 2019 5:45:12 AM
Groups: Member, Subscriber, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
It seems obvious that until the discount module works and is in play, having a sale '40% off minus fees' is a workable band-aid.

--MTJ