Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » CCL Comics Library » Change Request Discussion » Variant or not? Adventures of Superman 610 w/insert

Variant or not? Adventures of Superman 610 w/insert

MoonKnight1
Tuesday, April 30, 2019 1:58:22 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Not sure if this should be a variant, please advise.

I have two copies of Adventures of Superman #610. One of them has an extra 12 pages that includes a 4 page preview of Gotham Central (yes, that means that there are 8 additional pages of ads! Loser ). Everything else is exactly the same - front and back covers, bar code, indicia and price.

So should this be a variant or not?

Thanks for the advice!

Howie's Saying of the Week

I have lived in this world just long enough to look carefully the second time into things that I am most certain of the first time - "Josh Billings" (Henry Wheeler Shaw)

Check out my eBay store: Hall Liquidations
SwiftMann
Tuesday, April 30, 2019 7:31:22 PM
Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
I don't imagine there are direct sales versions with and without the preview/advert section.

Assuming the section is in the middle, I'd guess someone just yanked it out. Plenty of discussion back in the day of people pulling heavy advert sections out of the middle of books.

Of course, if folks here check and find the inclusion hit or miss, that's a different story.
MoonKnight1
Tuesday, April 30, 2019 8:10:59 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
I thought about that as well. I took a close look at the staples and didn't see anything that would suggest they had been tampered with but that doesn't mean someone didn't just rip the insert out. I wouldn't have even noticed something was missing if I didn't have the other copy with the insert. It is located right in the middle of the book.

They are both direct sales and neither appears to be a second print. Sorry, my first picture is a bit blurry. Must be the tremors...Nailbiting

Howie's Saying of the Week

I have lived in this world just long enough to look carefully the second time into things that I am most certain of the first time - "Josh Billings" (Henry Wheeler Shaw)

Check out my eBay store: Hall Liquidations
lcfrick
Wednesday, May 01, 2019 8:54:23 AM
Groups: Member
FWIW my first thought was that the insert was ripped out too. I know for a year or so around that time DC put a lot of those inserts into their comics (another insert was promoting Gotham Knights #50). I did check my copy of Adventures #610 and it had the insert.