Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » CCL Comics Library » Comics Library General Discussion » Looking for an appeal on a change request

Looking for an appeal on a change request

Philli
Monday, January 20, 2020 5:33:09 PM
Groups: Member, Subscriber
Last evening I submitted a request for "Bill, Agent of AIM" and it was rejected. I was told he is just "Bill". I disagree with this as the characters name is Bill, Agent of AIM. Just like Bob, Agent of Hydra and Bob has his own listing in the DB. Bill has a character page on marvel's website and did make at least 10 appearances that I'm aware of.

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Bill_(A.I.M._Agent)_(Earth-616)

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/bill-agent-of-a-i-m/4005-91117/

He even got a HeroClix
https://www.trollandtoad.com/heroclix/marvel-deadpool/bill-agent-of-a-i-m-102-le-deadpool-marvel-heroclix/1091390
MoonKnight1
Tuesday, January 21, 2020 5:37:36 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
I am not familiar with the character to be honest, but the evidence you present is compelling.

I think that "Bill, Agent of AIM" or "Bill, Agent of A.I.M." would be better than just plain, "Bill"

Howie's Saying of the Week

It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow - Robert Goddard

Check out my eBay store: Hall Liquidations
Philli
Tuesday, January 21, 2020 5:54:35 PM
He only appeared in Deadpool Merc with a Mouth issues 5-15. He's from the Zombie Universe and Deadpool is initially convinced he's either Bob, Agent of Hydra or Bob's brother. While not a major character he does play a big supporting roll in the series. Enough of a roll that I feel he should get his full credit. Additionally I'm not sure how it's not following the change request guidelines or even how it could cause an issue in the DB.
padreglcc
Thursday, January 23, 2020 9:11:56 AM
Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host
I don't know who rejected the listing, but technically, this was the right thing to do. We're only supposed to accept actual names or codenames, not descriptions (such as "agent of..."). However, since this is a specific recurring character, and since we made an exception for Bob, I'd be inclined to allow this.
“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.

Need help? Feel free to contact one of the Moderators or Approvers.
Philli
Thursday, January 23, 2020 5:07:34 PM
Thank you. I'm not trying to stir the pot or get special accommodations. I'd only make the request if I truly thought that it was pertinent to the character. I just want our DB to be the best around.

I'm going to go back to submitting requests now.
MoonKnight1
Friday, January 24, 2020 12:27:23 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Philli wrote:
I just want our DB to be the best around.

You have certainly shown that! Applause Big Hug

A hundred and forty some thousand points and counting? Whistle Very impressive.

Howie's Saying of the Week

It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow - Robert Goddard

Check out my eBay store: Hall Liquidations