Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » CCL News » CCL Website/Live Market » PayPal Fee's nonrefundable
monidaw1
Thursday, January 30, 2020 9:58:56 AM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Has CCL officially given up on getting a coupon code added so we can have sales without incuring nonrefundable fee's from PayPal and PayPal Working Capital?

How about blocking inelegible orders from processing so we don't get screwed by PayPal refunding those as well? Minnimum Purchase to proceed to checkout thing?

I'm under the impression CCL has completely abandoned trying to make this site functional and modern/ up to date.

If you can't fix those how about the ability to TURN OFF PAYPAL as an option to check out with so we stop getting shafted by individuals pretending to be illiterate?

MoonKnight1
Thursday, January 30, 2020 12:31:44 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
monidaw1 wrote:
Has CCL officially given up on getting a coupon code added so we can have sales without incuring nonrefundable fee's from PayPal and PayPal Working Capital?

This is the number one reason why I am hesitant to run sales on CCL. Right now if you purchase $50 worth of comics and I refund half of that I still get charged by PayPal as if I sold $50 worth of merchandise rather than $25 which kind of defeats the purpose of having a sale in the first place, I don't mind selling products at a discount but I think it's ludicrous that PayPal keeps the excess rather than giving it back.

I sincerely hope that CCL implements some kind of system where you can refund an order at the Point of Purchase so that buyers don't have to pay full price and then wait for a refund. It's also a pain for Sellers who have to keep track of who has been refunded and who still needs one. It unnecessarily ties up funds for both sides and it is just a clunky, outdated system.

Please change.

Howie's Saying of the Week

It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow - Robert Goddard

Check out my eBay store: Hall Liquidations
Thundercron
Thursday, January 30, 2020 1:01:15 PM
Shop at My Store
I think it's been about a year since the last public acknowledgment of an update coming "soon," and only a few months since I was told the same privately.

Still nothing.

I can understand the lack of updates/upkeep to this site ten years ago when the economy was in the toilet and people were scared and dumping their comics rather than buying them. But now? Economy is raging. Comics are hot. Can someone give these guys a loan?

I usually don't comment on these threads of negativity. But even I'm getting frustrated at this point.
SwiftMann
Thursday, January 30, 2020 6:15:17 PM
Groups: Approver, CCL Feature Crew, CR-Guidelines, Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Thundercron wrote:
I think it's been about a year since the last public acknowledgment of an update coming "soon," and only a few months since I was told the same privately.

Still nothing.

Not quite 10 months yet. But still laughable:

Quote:
KnifeTricks
Friday, April 19, 2019 10:47:52 AM
We probably could have shipped an update in Jan. but we decided to work on a few important changes that hopefully bring traffic to the site. I could detail out the changes, but I doubt you guys are interested in excuses.

We'll just let the update speak for itself when the time comes.

Also laughable:

Joe - Monday, December 17, 2018
Knifetricks - Tuesday, June 25, 2019

Shocking find:

The_Valiant_One - Friday, January 17, 2020

Quote:
Can someone give these guys a loan?

I have no inside knowledge, so this is wild speculation.

I don't think it has a lick to do with money. My guess is CCL was an afterthought to the advertising nonsense that GoLoco or MidTen or whatever began as. They already had the servers (ala AWS) and they still bring in plenty of/enough cash from subscriptions and sales that this is simply a nice cash flow to buoy whatever the real business is now (although there is zero online evidence there is one).
padreglcc
Friday, January 31, 2020 9:35:35 AM
Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host
SwiftMann wrote:
Shocking find:

The_Valiant_One - Friday, January 17, 2020

This is only because he's adding some new releases. He isn't active in the forums. His last post was August 2019. And the last one before that was in January 2019.
“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.

Need help? Feel free to contact one of the Moderators or Approvers.
monidaw1
Friday, January 31, 2020 9:56:17 AM
Shop at My Store
It appears E-Bay is now charging Sales Tax to States the customer lives in, deposits the Sales Tax into our PayPal accounts, where Payal Fee's and PayPal Woking Capital amounts are deducted from the Sales Tax so when we have to pay that Sales Tax back to E-Bay, the original amount they collected from the customer and deposited into our accounts isn't there to be collected so the missing amount comes out of our pockets. I'm assuming E-Bay's also taking 10% of the total Sales Tax also in commisions at the end of the month so even more comes out of our pockets.

I've had about enough of PayPal so it makes me think that there has to be some alternative out there now CCL could use or at least make accepting PayPal OPTIONAL for individual stores. I have my own credit card processing available by phone and thru my own site so it shouldn't be required to have to funnel money thru PayPal, especially when their processing rate is higher than the alternatives I have doing it myself, even if that means accepting a phone call call in for card payments with each order. PayPal customers with PayPal Debit cards can still check out using their cards thru alternative services.

Aren't there some alternatives like Google ?

Here's a breakdown of the uselessness of trying to have a sale thru CCL with no coupon code discount funneling thru PayPal.
Half Price sale
Customers gets a 50% Refund
PayPal Working Capital takes 30%
CCL takes 5%
PayPal takes 3-4%
What's left? About 15% of the total sale's original amount. That's maybe $15 on a $100 purchase not counting in shipping costs.

With a coupon code discounting the original purchase amount down to $50 before it goes to PayPal.
PayPal Working Capital get's $15
PayPal gets roughly $2
CCL gets $2.50 (same $2.50 CCL would have gotten after the refund of the $100 sale amount)
So the bottom line increases $30.50 left roughly.

Hopefully having the extra $50 left in the PayPal account the customer uses encourages them to spend more of the $50 that would have been refunded eventually up front since it's available to spend right now so the bottom line means everyone gets more immediately.

MoonKnight1
Friday, January 31, 2020 10:44:21 AM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
monidaw1 wrote:
Hopefully having the extra $50 left in the PayPal account the customer uses encourages them to spend more of the $50 that would have been refunded eventually up front since it's available to spend right now so the bottom line means everyone gets more immediately.

That is an excellent point, BJ. I have thought the exact same thing.

Howie's Saying of the Week

It is difficult to say what is impossible, for the dream of yesterday is the hope of today and the reality of tomorrow - Robert Goddard

Check out my eBay store: Hall Liquidations
Psych0
Saturday, February 01, 2020 8:09:30 AM
Groups: Member
Most people don't realize this, but ebay & pay-pal are owned by the same owner.
Xylob
Saturday, February 01, 2020 5:13:05 PM
Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber
BIG THINGS ARE COMING SOON!!!!!!
Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...
Thundercron
Saturday, February 01, 2020 5:42:19 PM
Shop at My Store
Psych0 wrote:

Ebay owned Paypal up until 2015, when they split due to public pressure for holding a monopoly. Then they turned around and signed an "exclusive arrangement" with each other, so the split was kind of meaningless.
lcfrick
Saturday, February 01, 2020 11:53:42 PM
Groups: Member
Thundercron wrote:
Psych0 wrote:

Ebay owned Paypal up until 2015, when they split due to public pressure for holding a monopoly. Then they turned around and signed an "exclusive arrangement" with each other, so the split was kind of meaningless.

Though interestingly that arrangement ends at the end of this year at which point Ebay will stop featuring Paypal as the primary method of payment and Paypal will stop processing credit cards for Ebay (without going directly through a Paypal account, that is).
monidaw1
Monday, February 03, 2020 10:13:52 AM
Shop at My Store
E-Bay's pushing us to switch to something called managed payments which I haven't looked into yet since PayPal's pushing back that it invalidates the PayPal Working Capital agreement which may force an immediate full repayment of the pending amount while adding nothing towards future use of the service. If it avoids having PayPal taking a portion of the OUT OF STATE sales Sales Tax amounts they presently are I may have to consider it in the future even though the overall plan is to steadily consolidate all items into my own place where I can list whatever I want in addition to comics and have more control over having discounted sales. Sold and shipped a comic book box to Texas Saturday but we still can't even list a board or bag here.

An alternative to a coupon code is E-Bay's mark down manager where we can select a % to discount, the items we want discounted and the duration of the sale. I'm sure that would require a lot more work to add than a simple flat discount on everything option.

4saken1
Wednesday, February 05, 2020 9:56:49 AM
I got rid of my First Class shipping option for this very reason! Last year, I adopted a $10 minimum on all orders, due to several reasons. I had it clearly stated in several places, including the actual First Class shipping option, that there was a $10 minimum (before shipping) on all orders. Still, I found that at least once a week somebody would make a purchase for $2-$5 and I had to refund them and eat the PayPal fees.
ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get some comics for 30% off
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Domestic orders of 25 or more comics qualify for FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Priority Mail orders of 25 or more comics receive a $5 refund (Foreign or Domestic orders).