Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » The Water Cooler » Movies » Which 2020 Comic Book Movie are you most looking forward to?

Poll Question: If you could only see 1 - which would it be?

• Harley Quinn/Birds of Prey
    0%
    0 vote(s)
  • Bloodshot
    0%
    0 vote(s)
  • New Mutants
    25%
    1 vote(s)
  • Black Widow
    0%
    0 vote(s)
  • Wonder Woman 1984
    50%
    2 vote(s)
  • Morbius
    0%
    0 vote(s)
  • Venom 2
    0%
    0 vote(s)
  • Eternals
    0%
    0 vote(s)
  • Is there another?
    25%
    1 vote(s)

Which 2020 Comic Book Movie are you most looking forward to?

MoonKnight1
Wednesday, March 04, 2020 6:19:51 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
OK, the Comic Book Movie Season has started and I hear tell that there has already been one in the theaters. Something about The Birds of Prey (and the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) or is it called Harley Quinn: Birds of Prey? Or is it just Birds of Prey? Why don't they just go back and rename the other one to: Harley Quinn and Her Loser Sidekicks the Suicide Squad for gosh sakes. Ooh

Including that one, what movie would you most like to see and rank the rest in the order of your interest!

I shouldn't have to say this but: POSSIBLE SPOILERS IN ALL OF THESE TRAILERS!!!

Harley Quinn/Birds of Prey (In Theaters Now)
Looks like a fun movie but I am perplexed about why Harley was shoehorned into the BoP. Maybe I missed something but I thought that Barbara Gordon (Oracle/Batgirl), Black Canary and Huntress were the main characters in the team. Thought that Harley was in the Gotham Sirens, maybe that should have been the movie.

Bloodshot (March 13)
Not incredibly familiar with the character but it does seem to jibe with what I know. Appears to be a perfect vehicle for Vin Diesel.

New Mutants (April 3)
First I'll say that I will believe it when I see it. They have been promising this movie for what, 3 years now? Hopefully this time it's for real. It looks amazing. Maisie Williams (Arya Stark from Game of Thrones) as Wolfsbane is just brilliant.

Black Widow (April 24)
This one kind of feels like a post script to Phase 1 of the MCU. I mean, this stuff happened in between movies but somehow wasn't mentioned by anyone. We all know what happened to Natasha in Avengers: Endgame. Who knows if any of this carries over to any future MCU movie and OH MY GOD it's Taskmaster!!! Drooling

Wonder Woman 1984 (June 5)
Yeah, looks better than all of the other DC movies. Veritably Marvelesque. I do wonder how Steve Trevor pulled off the "Captain America" travel through time treatment. Looking forward to Cheetah and Maxwell Lord.

Morbius (July 31)
This looks good. Definitely has all the trappings of Marvel Movie. No Spider-Man but it does appear that they may be setting up the Sinister Six.

Venom 2 (Can't find a trailer) (October 2)
I guess Woody Harrelson is going to be Cletus Kasaday (Carnage) and it does not look like Spider-Man is going to be in this one either. Waiting for more...Waiting

Eternals (No Trailer here yet either) (November 6)
Very cautiously optimistic here. Love these characters and I'm a huge Kirby fan. I want to see this done right.

Howie's Saying of the Week

Is it worse to be scared than to be bored, that is the question - Gertrude Stein

Check out my eBay store: Hall Liquidations
lcfrick
Wednesday, March 04, 2020 7:22:09 PM
Groups: Member
MoonKnight1 wrote:
Harley Quinn/Birds of Prey[/url] (In Theaters Now)
Looks like a fun movie but I am perplexed about why Harley was shoehorned into the BoP. Maybe I missed something but I thought that Barbara Gordon (Oracle/Batgirl), Black Canary and Huntress were the main characters in the team. Thought that Harley was in the Gotham Sirens, maybe that should have been the movie.

That was my biggest reservation about the movie. It came across as a Harley Quinn movie, not a Birds of Prey movie, especially without Barbara Gordon as either Oracle or Batgirl. (Warner Bros basically admitted as much when they renamed it to Harley Quinn: Birds of Prey.)

I probably won't be seeing any movie this year, but as far as potential that would have been the one that I would have been most likely to see if I felt it that it would meet its potential.

I'd be willing to bet that Gotham City Sirens would have been better, but I have a feeling that it wouldn't have worked since, if the rumors are true, the next Batman movie will be The Long Halloween and both Poison Ivy and Catwoman factor into the comics decently (the latter more than the former).

Mildly interesting note, from Endgame to Black Widow, it will have been more than one calendar year and the only MCU movie released in that time will have been Spider-man: Far From Home... which was a Sony movie primarily. 2013 was the last year when that happened, with upwards of 5 MCU movies coming out in a single calendar since then.
monidaw1
Thursday, March 05, 2020 11:16:38 AM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Wonder Woman appears to be the crème of the crop this year.

I'm not sure that many people really cared about the Harley movie but it has at least gotten some of the Harley merchandise leftover from the past movies stockpiling moving. They've waited too long between Harley movie appearances. maybe they'll get it right by the time Punchline debuts as the replacement girlfriend in the future.

Bloodshot may be the one that intrigues me the most. I wouldn't pay to see it but it's targeted for Redbox one coupon day.

Black Widow I'm certain will have some visual wow but I'm expecting it to be the first flop by Marvel followed quickly by Eternals. They're reaching too far instead of building on what's already on the table. I don't think they'll lose money but I'm not expecting billion dollar buzz.

New Mutants I keep forgetting it was even made. I had high hopes that have been washed away in delays and probably never coming out fears.

Morbuis I see as more of a niche fan base, another movie not really expecting to join the billion dollar club.