Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » CCL News » CCL News and Events » VALIANT'S VOICE: APRIL 2nd 2020 - NEWS YOU CAN USE

VALIANT'S VOICE: APRIL 2nd 2020 - NEWS YOU CAN USE

3 pages: [1] 2 3
The_Valiant_One
Thursday, April 02, 2020 12:16:03 PM
Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Good morning CCL-ers! It feels like it's been ages since I've made a post out here...probably because it HAS been ages since I posted out here and connected with the members in an official fashion and it's important right now that we remain connected even more now than ever...so I promise I'll try to stay connected from now and moving forward in the form of a post here in this forum at LEAST once a week. I won't make these terribly long, as I'm sure we're all busy trying to juggle lots of things from home but I will try to put up useful information.

While the rest of the world is essentially on "pause" right now in regards to the Global Pandemic, CCL and our parent company, MidTen Media, continues to work our normal business hours, albeit almost exclusively from home, Monday-Friday 8am-5pm CST. I have been working remotely from Saskatoon SK Canada for the last 2 years anyway so it's business as usual on my end, with the exception of more calls in regards to help with customer service issues (passwords, store questions, etc).

1) First, please note we are here to help with ANY question: helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com is the fastest way to get a hold of us and it will probably save you a phone call. Password questions and basic questions are best for these. If you'd still rather call, our office number is 615-264-4747. We will try to get back with you same day.

You can also private message me through CCL, however, I might not respond same day.

2) With Diamond pausing New Release Comics, we also will not be adding New Release Comics for the time being until the schedules are back on track per CCL's 7-day Rule. We will be taking this time to focus on adding variants such as retailer exclusives, Canadian Price Editions, etc to expand our CCL Database and give more options for our sellers in regards to items that can be sold.

3) We understand that there are many of you who are looking to move comics and make some money. We're all good with that. PLEASE NOTE that if you had a CCL Storefront and wish to reopen, you will need to contact us directly and request your store is reopened:
Send an email to joe@golocomedia.com and cc me: steve@golocomedia.com with your CCL Username/Handle and request your store is reopened. IF YOU CLOSED YOUR STORE AND LEFT OUTSTANDING CCL BALANCES DUE WHEN YOU CLOSED THOSE BALANCES WILL NEED TO BE BROUGHT UP TO DATE. Unfortunately, this is why we manually have to reopen storefronts.
If you didn't delete your inventory you will most likely need to do some store management as well so we recommend putting your store on vacation mode while you work so people aren't trying to buy any old inventory you might not have. Times vary but we will try to have your store reopened within 24-72 hours of your email.
Also make sure you update the credit card information you have on file with us as well in case it has expired.

Cards are ran for stores usually 1-2 times a week...generally on Tuesdays and/or Thursdays. If you use a PAYPAL Debit Card as your Credit Card option, you'll want to make sure you have enough funds in your Paypal account to cover the invoice or the system will prevent access to your account until the invoice is paid.

4) If you are trying to renew your Software Subscription and are having issues renewing through the software, we recommend you open a web browser, login, and you can pay from the website. Just choose "MY STUFF" from the options on the left then choose "SOFTWARE SUBSCRIPTION" and follow directions from there. You can also mail in a check, however, due to our limited time in the office, it might take extra time to get you set up. When your check arrives, we immediately re-up your sub for a year.

If you're a new member or storefront on CCL, welcome! We are VERY glad you're part of our family and we will do our best to make your stay with us a pleasant one. :) If you have any questions, you may ask them here and I will also try to reply as promptly as I can.

Thank you for continuing to trust and use us as one of your platforms for selling comics and collectibles. If you need us, let us know. We're here to help and hope you, your friends and your family are safe and well.

Disclaimer: These posts are designed for useful communication about directions and usage, not a platform to air grievances or post insults. Negative comments will not be allowed here and could face disciplinary action including banning.

~S!

Steve Boyd
VP/CCL

Steve Boyd
VP/CCL

You can reach us by phone at (615) 264-4747 ext 103
and you can e-mail us at helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com

Check out my official CCL YouTube show:SUPER MEGA COMIC ACTION NEWS AT MIDNIGHT!
MoonKnight1
Thursday, April 02, 2020 12:37:36 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Thanks, Steve! Applause

Howie's Saying of the Week

People are people so why should it be, you and I should get along so awfully? Help me understand - Depeche Mode

Check out my eBay store: Hall Liquidations
The_Valiant_One
Thursday, April 02, 2020 12:57:17 PM
Shop at My Store
MoonKnight1 wrote:
Thanks, Steve! Applause

Thank YOU, sir! Big Grin

Steve Boyd
VP/CCL

Check out my official CCL YouTube show:SUPER MEGA COMIC ACTION NEWS AT MIDNIGHT!
pottersan
Thursday, April 02, 2020 1:44:02 PM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Amazing!!!

If I don't have what you need, please check out these other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, ComicVortex,The Goblin's Cavern, Manhattan on Mars, Edgewood Comics,Hall of Heroes

Please visit my wonderfully amazing eBay store for loose figures, CDs, DVDs and much more; Alpha Comics.

http://www.comiccollectorlive.com/LiveData/Seller.aspx?id=f3cb16b2-8046-415d-bdee-ac19da48a6c2
HeroComics
Thursday, April 02, 2020 9:34:03 PM
Shop at My Store
Thanks, Steve-o!!!
Need help with a Change Request?
Click here to Contact an approver!
Site problem or more questions?

CCL Contact information:

EMAIL: helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com General customer service questions
OR steve@golocomedia.com for password and security, order problems,credit card updates, and unresolved issues.
PHONE: 615-264-4747
CCL Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm CST.
Psych0
Friday, April 03, 2020 9:04:14 AM
Groups: Member
Any update on the update?
MoonKnight1
Friday, April 03, 2020 9:48:50 AM
Shop at My Store
Psych0 wrote:
Daydreaming Call Me

People are people so why should it be, you and I should get along so awfully? Help me understand - Depeche Mode

The_Valiant_One
Friday, April 03, 2020 9:55:09 AM
Shop at My Store
Psych0 wrote:

Good question!

For those who are just now hearing about this, CCL has actively been building a major update to the website which will do away with the need to be tethered to the software and give the user the ability to manage everything on the cloud. This also included an optimized update to the CCL app.

The website update is pretty much built. Our plan was to be in the testing phase moving into Q2 to work out the kinks on the new website before launch. Because we've had many old and new sellers reach out to us since the Pandemic in a need to pivot to online sales for more revenue, we talked it over and decided not to make any changes to the status quo for the time being since if there's any problems, the site might be down in order to make fixes and that wouldn't be good for anyone. Our staff is now working almost entirely remotely so we'd rather work out the kinks on a website update which will be a MAJOR overhaul to the status quo when we have a little calmer seas to sail.

We moved forward with the CCL app update and the development team that was working on that apparently pushed it live with some bugs (sighs) so we're playing defense on that one to work the kinks out. It's buggy. The website update is built in house so we're more in control of keeping something like that happen.

If anyone has any more questions regarding the update, you're welcome to email me directly: steve@golocomedia.com and I'll do my best to answer those questions!

Steve Boyd
VP/CCL

MoonKnight1
Friday, April 03, 2020 11:44:55 AM
Shop at My Store
I appreciate the info, Steve. I have never given up on you guys! Big Hug

I understand that it has taken longer than anyone anticipated for the update but I also would rather wait until it is ready instead of having you push something out that isn't quite good to go.

In it to win it! Kiss

The_Valiant_One
Monday, April 06, 2020 10:54:28 AM
Shop at My Store
Good morning CCL-ers! We've made it another week and we hope you had a stress-free and sickness-free weekend!

We are here to help you Monday - Friday 8am-5pm CST.

You can reach us at 615-264-4747 ext 103

OR

Shoot me an email at steve@golocomedia.com.

Whether you're quarantined at home and you want to finally get around to cataloging your collection or you're a brick-and-mortar storefront looking at thousands of back issues you need an audience for, CCL is there!

Steve Boyd
VP/CCL

The_Valiant_One
Wednesday, April 08, 2020 9:53:18 AM
Shop at My Store
Good morning and Happy Wednesday, CCL-ers! Hope everyone has a good day. If I'm needed, please email me: steve@golocomedia.com.

Thanks!

Steve Boyd
VP/CCL

The_Valiant_One
Monday, April 13, 2020 10:02:43 AM
Shop at My Store
Still here, still healthy and still working! Hope everyone had a good weekend!

I appreciate the members and sellers who reached out to me over the last couple weeks via EMAIL, PHONE or Private Message in regards to questions, comments or issues they were having.

We're in the process of identifying a problem some folks have reported when trying to add a new Cover Title to CCL. Joe has been aware of the issue and we are trying to figure out what happened.

Please note that because of the amount of rabbit holes we can go down in the forums, that the methods posted above are the BEST way to get CCL's attention in regards to problems, suggestions or input to our service.

Also, a reminder that negative, bullying or belitting comments towards other CCL members or CCL staff directly aren't permitted. We want to help solve problems, not create new ones.

Thanks!

Steve Boyd
VP/CCL

The_Valiant_One
Wednesday, April 15, 2020 3:44:11 PM
Shop at My Store
Hope everyone is having a good Wednesday! Please contact us if you need any assistance!

~S!

Steve Boyd
VP/CCL

MoonKnight1
Wednesday, April 15, 2020 3:49:43 PM
Shop at My Store
Thanks for checking in, Steve. Hope you and the crew are all doing well. I'm looking forward to hearing more about what y'all have been working on. Daydreaming

pottersan
Wednesday, April 15, 2020 5:49:05 PM
Shop at My Store
The_Valiant_One wrote:
Hope everyone is having a good Wednesday! Please contact us if you need any assistance!

~S!

All good.

I just started a FB page for Alpha Comics.

I boosted a post I made on there about my Sellers Post on here, eager to see how the traffic works.

Have had 2 clickthroughs, well see how it works....

BlueMoon Comics, ComicVortex,The Goblin's Cavern, Manhattan on Mars, Edgewood Comics,Hall of Heroes

Please visit my wonderfully amazing eBay store for loose figures, CDs, DVDs and much more; Alpha Comics.

http://www.comiccollectorlive.com/LiveData/Seller.aspx?id=f3cb16b2-8046-415d-bdee-ac19da48a6c2
The_Valiant_One
Thursday, April 16, 2020 10:35:48 AM
Shop at My Store
pottersan wrote:
The_Valiant_One wrote:

~S!

All good.

I boosted a post I made on there about my Sellers Post on here, eager to see how the traffic works.

Thanks for commenting and always good to see Alpha Comics on CCL!

I spoke with the owner of a CCL store who signed up with us a couple months back and his store has been doing quite well. I asked him if it would be ok if I shared this success story with other CCL sellers. His model is something that stores might consider replicating under the current economic conditions.

This particular comic shop took pretty much all of the back issues out of the main level of his shop, leaving his store lots of room for other product such as statues, cards, board games, toys and trades and new comics (which aren't currently being distributed as you know). Listing tens of thousands of comics on CCL, he started with only a single shipping option: in-store pick-up/delivery. The staff then used his social media accounts like Facebook to direct his customers who wanted back issues to his CCL store, encouraged them to register for free, and place an order for pick-up or delivery. He told me the response has been very very good. I won't give away any specific numbers, but I've processed a couple invoices for his seller fees in the last 30 days that have been in triple digits. He emailed me a couple weeks back to let me know he's very happy with the results he's gotten using Comic Collector Live. I won't post his store name here, but he's one of the current shops on CCL.

I'm not saying this is a magic pill...but because all comic shops at this point need as much revenue as they can get due to the Pandemic, however I've seen this particular model effective for him under the circumstances. I think the community doesn't want to see their comic shops close down and don't quite know how to help them out. This is one way :)

Steve Boyd
VP/CCL

pottersan
Thursday, April 16, 2020 10:42:19 AM
Shop at My Store
The_Valiant_One wrote:
pottersan wrote:
The_Valiant_One wrote:

~S!

All good.

Thanks for commenting and always good to see Alpha Comics on CCL!

I spoke with the owner of a CCL store who signed up with us a couple months back and his store has been doing quite well. I asked him if it would be ok if I shared this success story with other CCL sellers. His model is something that stores might consider replicating under the current economic conditions.

This particular comic shop took pretty much all of the back issues out of the main level of his shop, leaving his store lots of room for other product such as statues, cards, board games, toys and trades and new comics (which aren't currently being distributed as you know). Listing tens of thousands of comics on CCL, he started with only a single shipping option: in-store pick-up/delivery. The staff then used his social media accounts like Facebook to direct his customers who wanted back issues to his CCL store, encouraged them to register for free, and place an order for pick-up or delivery. He told me the response has been very very good. I won't give away any specific numbers, but I've processed a couple invoices for his seller fees in the last 30 days that have been in triple digits. He emailed me a couple weeks back to let me know he's very happy with the results he's gotten using Comic Collector Live. I won't post his store name here, but he's one of the current shops on CCL.

I'm not saying this is a magic pill...but because all comic shops at this point need as much revenue as they can get due to the Pandemic, however I've seen this particular model effective for him under the circumstances. I think the community doesn't want to see their comic shops close down and don't quite know how to help them out. This is one way :)

Awesome, thanks for sharing!

The_Valiant_One
Friday, April 17, 2020 10:37:36 AM
Shop at My Store
Good morning and Happy Friday!

If you need us, just let us know!

Steve Boyd
VP/CCL

The_Valiant_One
Thursday, April 23, 2020 12:16:11 PM
Shop at My Store
Thursday check in!

We're all here if you need us.

~S!

Steve Boyd
VP/CCL

MoonKnight1
Thursday, April 23, 2020 12:19:16 PM
Shop at My Store
Wow! Three weeks in a row. You are an Iron Man, Steve! How do you do it? Silly Devil Big Hug