Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » Comics Marketplace » The Buyer's Corner » What is your interest in buying Archie Comics?

Poll Question: Do You Buy Archie Comics?

• Yes - Actively
    28%
    2 vote(s)
  • No - Never
    57%
    4 vote(s)
  • Sometimes - Depends on Variables
    14%
    1 vote(s)

What is your interest in buying Archie Comics?

MoonKnight1
Wednesday, May 20, 2020 1:24:21 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
I have close to 5 long boxes of Archie Comics that I am thinking about listing for sale here. They range from Silver Age 1960's to the Modern Age 2010's and encompass almost all of the major titles. The vast majority of these are MId-Grade (VG to FN).

Before I get started on what will be a monumental task I wanted to ask what type of demand there is for this type of stuff. I have had Archie's listed before, and still have close to 100 still available, and they seem to sell at a good pace. What I have in queue is around 1,000 books more or less.

This question is for both Buyers and Sellers:

Any Interest in Archie's? Confused Call Me

Should I list these? Think

Howie's Quote of the Week

Retreat, hell! We just got here! - Captain Lloyd W. Williams USMC

My eBay Store Hall Liquidations
pottersan
Wednesday, May 20, 2020 1:42:38 PM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Negative 200.

If I don't have what you need, please check out these other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, ComicVortex,The Goblin's Cavern, Manhattan on Mars, Edgewood Comics,Hall of Heroes

Please visit my wonderfully amazing eBay store for loose figures, CDs, DVDs and much more; Alpha Comics.

MoonKnight1
Wednesday, May 20, 2020 2:10:02 PM
Shop at My Store
pottersan wrote:
Negative 200.

Yeah, but did I mention that they will be very affordable? Big Grin

Thundercron
Wednesday, May 20, 2020 3:36:48 PM
Shop at My Store
Ten years ago, I would turn my nose up to certain books, because I thought there was no interest in them. I've since learned that a global selling platform means that SOMEBODY will come along and show an interest in anything.

For a penny per listing, there's no reason not to list them.
pottersan
Wednesday, May 20, 2020 9:55:40 PM
Shop at My Store
MoonKnight1 wrote:
pottersan wrote:
Negative 200.

Yeah, but did I mention that they will be very affordable? Big Grin
OK, Negative 50.

BlueMoon Comics, ComicVortex,The Goblin's Cavern, Manhattan on Mars, Edgewood Comics,Hall of Heroes

Please visit my wonderfully amazing eBay store for loose figures, CDs, DVDs and much more; Alpha Comics.

pottersan
Wednesday, May 20, 2020 9:56:57 PM
Shop at My Store
Thundercron wrote:
Ten years ago, I would turn my nose up to certain books, because I thought there was no interest in them. I've since learned that a global selling platform means that SOMEBODY will come along and show an interest in anything.

For a penny per listing, there's no reason not to list them.
I agree.

Personally, I'll list anythign and everything, if only to keep someone from looking for it somewhere else.

bluedevil2002
Sunday, May 31, 2020 1:28:24 PM
Groups: Member
Does this include any of the licensed properties, like Sonic or Mega Man? Or just limited to the main Archie cast?
MoonKnight1
Sunday, May 31, 2020 1:36:20 PM
Shop at My Store
OK, guess what. I'm doing it anyway! Devil

What I have learned in my almost ten years of selling comic books online is that pretty much anything sells. It doesn't matter if I like it all that matters is that somebody does.

I will start getting them up this month. I have five long boxes so hopefully by the end of the year they will all be listed. I tell you what, these are quite varied. Some are 12 and 15 centers from the 50's, some were printed a couple of years ago and everything in between. Some are in spectacular condition and some of them are beat the heck up.

These are not only regular Archie comics like Archie and Me, Betty and Veronica, Jughead's Jokes, Laugh, Reggie and Me, etc.. They also include a lot of Red Circle stuff like Chilling Adventures in Sorcery, Mighty Crusaders, Blue Ribbon, licensed properties like Adventures of Bayou Billy, Sonic the Hedgehog and even some of the Archie/DC crossover stories like Harley and Ivy meet Betty and Veronica.

I'm starting with titles beginning with "A". I will give regular updates when they go live! Call Me

MoonKnight1
Monday, June 22, 2020 2:39:49 PM
Shop at My Store
The Archie Push has begun!!! Dancing

Got the first of five long boxes up over the weekend. I am going to do one a month so should be finished by the end of the year.

A few observations:

Most of these so far have been Reader Copies. Fine or lower and more VG range than anything else. There is a lot of Bronze - 20 cents to 40 cents. I have had to be very diligent grading them because they are prone to flaws like detached c-folds, rips and tears, cover wear and writing inside (puzzles, order forms and the like). Please check the Market Info as I have tried to note certain things.

A lot of what I have been listing is the only copy available on CCL. Very many times I have noticed that I am listing more of a certain title than all of the copies available for sale here combined. For instance, I listed 68 issues of Archie at Riverdale High when there was only 6 total available from all sellers. I would dare to say that when I have all five boxes listed then I could very well have more Archie Comics than any other single seller here has and maybe even more than all sellers combined.

Started with comics beginning with "A" and here is a breakdown of what just went up:

Adventures of Bayou Billy - Full Run (or it used to be anyway, someone came in about a minute after they went live and got most of them)
Archie - 17 issues
Archie 3000 - 2 issues
Archie and Me - 39 issues
Archie at Riverdale High - 68 issues
Archie Giant Series Magazine - 24 issues
Archie's Clean Slate
Archie's Girls Betty and Veronica - 22 issues
Archie's Joke Book - 61 issues