Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » CCL News » CCL Website/Live Market » Payment info hacked into
monidaw1
Monday, June 08, 2020 9:43:00 AM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
I just found two charges in my bank account from some fake hacker type stuff. The only place that has that card # is CCL who processed a payment that went thru the same day the two fake charges showed up right after. That card hasn't been used anywhere else in almost two years.

You might want to check whatever cards you have stored in CCL just to make sure you haven't been hit as well.

(PS, if you still haven't fixed the payment page so we can update the card # stored the next time you process it will not work. That card has now been cancelled.)
padreglcc
Monday, June 08, 2020 5:59:12 PM
Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host
Have you contacted CCL directly about this matter?
“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.

Need help? Feel free to contact one of the Moderators or Approvers.
AlacrityFitzhugh
Monday, June 08, 2020 10:24:38 PM
Groups: Member, Subscriber
*looks at the URL*

Seems like he just did!

-- Alacrity

padreglcc
Monday, June 08, 2020 10:27:56 PM
Groups: Approver, Approver Steward, CR-Guidelines, CR-Management, DC Host, Forum Admin, Member, Moderator, New Releases Host
AlacrityFitzhugh wrote:
*looks at the URL*

Seems like he just did!

Joe and Steve, the people who can actually help with this issue, don't check the boards all that often and have repeatedly asked us to contact them directly with things requiring immediate attention.
“One of the most sincere forms of respect is actually listening to what another has to say.” ~ Bryant H. McGill

Please make sure you read and understand the Forum Rules here.

Need help? Feel free to contact one of the Moderators or Approvers.
Xylob
Tuesday, June 09, 2020 8:01:11 AM
Groups: Approver, Member, Subscriber
But, if I contact them directly instead of making a hair-on-fire "the sky is falling" drama post in the forums; I don't get all the attention I'm absolutely dying for, I won't cause drama, there's no hope of creating a panic, my creativity as a ridiculous alarmist is being stifled!
There is only One who is fit to judge me, and it definetely isn't YOU - take it upon yourself to judge me... and you damn yourself by pronouncing you are greater than the One.

Need help with a Change Request?Click here to contact an approver!
Problems with CCL?
Send an email right away (don't delay!) to helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com
615-264-4747
Offices are open M-F 8am-5pm Central Time.
You can also e-mail the Chief Brand Officer directly to try to resolve questions/stuff at steve@golocomedia.com for help with password resets, general customer service questions, store order resolution, credit card store updating, questions about comic books and CCL, etc...
The_Valiant_One
Tuesday, June 09, 2020 2:57:03 PM
Groups: CCL Feature Crew, Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
monidaw1 wrote:
I just found two charges in my bank account from some fake hacker type stuff. The only place that has that card # is CCL who processed a payment that went thru the same day the two fake charges showed up right after. That card hasn't been used anywhere else in almost two years.

You might want to check whatever cards you have stored in CCL just to make sure you haven't been hit as well.

(PS, if you still haven't fixed the payment page so we can update the card # stored the next time you process it will not work. That card has now been cancelled.)

Just an update on this: (because we've been made aware of it through a different seller via private message) - and because it's posted publicly, I'll respond publicly.

I was contacted via PM from a CCL seller concerned about a strange purchase made to his store. Looking into it, I noticed that the buyer had made several small purchases for X-Men comics (most were $10 or less) from different stores and a couple sellers had noticed some strange activity that may or may not be associated with the buyer. As a precaution, the buyer's account has been locked pending review as a precaution.

Credit card information from sellers are encrypted and purchases are redirected to Paypal for payment.

Please PM me if you're a seller who has experienced any issues or problems in association with this for our records. In the meantime, we are totally aware of the situation and continue to look into it. While I am more active in the forums these days, I still don't get out here sometimes for a few days so PLEASE CONTACT US DIRECTLY FOR SUPPORT.

Thanks for bringing it to our attention.

Steve Boyd
VP/CCL

You can reach us by phone at (615) 264-4747 ext 103
and you can e-mail us at helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com

Check out my official CCL YouTube show:SUPER MEGA COMIC ACTION NEWS AT MIDNIGHT!
MoonKnight1
Tuesday, June 09, 2020 3:28:46 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Thank you for addressing this and taking action, Steve,

Note to everyone: If you are having a problem on CCL, whatever it is, please contact them directly. You might be surprised at how easy it is and how accommodating they are.

The_Valiant_One wrote:
You can reach us by phone at (615) 264-4747 ext 103
and you can e-mail us at helpdesk@comiccollectorlive.com

Howie's Saying of the Week

Can we all just get along? - Rodney King

Check out my eBay store: Hall Liquidations
monidaw1
Wednesday, June 10, 2020 4:47:29 PM
Shop at My Store
Quote:
But, if I contact them directly instead of making a hair-on-fire "the sky is falling" drama post in the forums; I don't get all the attention I'm absolutely dying for, I won't cause drama, there's no hope of creating a panic, my creativity as a ridiculous alarmist is being stifled!

This isn't an item for contacting them directly outside of here since I doubt there's anything they can actually do about it. It's dam sure not a cry for attention or drama either. It's a simple warning to 50+ sellers to check their accounts for fraudulent charges on whatever card they have linked to CCL just to be safe. I'm out almost $200 for the next week to 10 days waiting for my bank to straighten it out. Here's the names and the two debits in case you see the same ones.
* FOOFSTER HTTPSFOOFSTER NJ ($110.70)
* LONESOLE HTTPSLONESOLE IA ($89.99)

You don't have to appreciate it or feel thankful that someone would take the time to let you know that a robbery was in progress but that doesn't change the fact that there's a chance it wasn't just me to get robbed and the only way to know is to take a few seconds to check your account before you bounce a check or incur some other financial headache you might be able to prevent.

For those who appreciate the heads up, no thanks needed!!!

monidaw1
Thursday, June 11, 2020 12:01:36 PM
Shop at My Store
Quote:
Please PM me if you're a seller who has experienced any issues or problems in association with this for our records.

I had two from the bad kitty also but I don't think these are related incidents. The statement processing was prior to this (June 4th). Bad kitty is most likely just a not very brite kitty fumbling thru the defects in the setup that prevents us from being able to block purchases that don't meet minnimum requirements to check out by for any given option of shipping.

If I understand the process when you randomly hit the button to get paid at various times we may not be expecting it, it processes the stores owing over $10 and any subscriptions that are now due for regular people as well so there could potentially be a large number of members affected. I don't see where there's anything for CCL to do about it other than taking a moment to say check your accounts just to be safe and avoid bouncing checks or whatever else can happen when money you think is there suddenly isn't.