Welcome Guest Active Topics
MoonKnight1
Thursday, September 24, 2020 2:52:43 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
There is no such thing as a "boneless chicken wing". Period, point blank. No one in the history of the world has ever de-boned a chicken wing. What you are actually eating is breast meat chunks at best and beaks, feet and soy filler at worst.

Stop it! Talk to the Hand

Bread Bowls. One of the dumbest culinary inventions of all time. There are two major types of food that go into a bread bowl - soup and pasta.

Soup. Are you seriously going to pour a ladle of steaming hot soup into a hollowed out loaf of bread? Here's what is going to happen. Your bread is going to get very soggy and if you happen to break off pieces of your erstwhile "bowl" then your soup will start popping more leaks than a dike in Amsterdam. Oh, and what do you suppose happens to the hollowed out innards of your French boule? That's right, it gets tossed on top of your oyster bisque for your noshing pleasure.

Pasta. You have got to be freaking kidding me. You are seriously taking a penne pomodoro and slamming it into some cavernous globe of bread crust and calling that a meal? What, lasagna didn't want any of that? Why don't you just sit down with a bag of all purpose flour and a spoon and starch yourself into unconsciousness.

The Papadia by that pizza company. I can just see the guys at the test kitchen discussing this.

"Hey, I've got a great idea! Why don't we take a pizza, fold it in half and call it a Papadia. Brilliant!"

Shame on You

Honorable mentions: Taco Bell is not Mexican food and the Olive Garden is not Italian.

Carry on.

This has been a:

Howie's Saying of the Week

We must be free not because we claim freedom, but because we practice it - William Faulkner

Check out my eBay store: Hall Liquidations
Thundercron
Thursday, September 24, 2020 5:23:25 PM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
When I was in high school, and before I had ever set foot into an Olive Garden, I always assumed it was a Mexican restaurant. Something about the olives, and thinking I always saw olives in nacho dishes and in burritos at other restaurants.

I know, I know. My mind sometimes don't work right.