Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » The Water Cooler » Life Outside of Comics » Our Long National Nightmare is Finally Over! We Have a Winner!

Our Long National Nightmare is Finally Over! We Have a Winner!

MoonKnight1
Sunday, November 08, 2020 12:23:52 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
For the past several months our country has been embroiled in a fierce discussion over election to one of the most prestigious institutions in the world. Each side has vigorously argued for their candidate over the other and yes there has been animosity. Families divided, friends have become estranged, social tension was everywhere with each side touting their choice and trashing their opponents.

But now that the decision has been confirmed we can all relax and breathe easy. Even if your aspirant was denied entry to this esteemed establishment it is time to come together as a nation and heal the wounds caused.

I know that is is going to be difficult. I am quite upset that my contender was denied entry but as hard as it is going to be I will welcome in the new electees and hope that the next go around ends more satisfactorily for my side.

Of course I'm talking about the National Toy Hall of Fame inductees.

I'm fine with Jenga getting in as I definitely like the game and really have no opinion on Baby Nancy one way or the other. However, I am absolutely outraged that the Masters of the Universe toy line was shut out and Sidewalk Chalk got in instead.

This is a preposterous result that I will be protesting about until this travesty is rectified.

He-Man! Skeletor! Battle Cat! Orko! Shut out by a multi-colored sedimentary rock. Ridiculous.

Sure, I did say that I would welcome in the new regime but guess what? I lied.

I am officially announcing my "Stop The Steal" campaign to reverse the results of this farcical election and induct MOTU into the NTHoF before any more damage is done to this country. Enough is enough.

This has been a:

Howie's Saying of the Week

Reflect upon your present blessings—of which every man has many—not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some - Charles Dickens

Check out my eBay store: Hall Liquidations
4saken1
Wednesday, November 11, 2020 6:24:48 PM
Groups: Member, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
I'm sure that there are many like you, Howie, that think the election that is keeping MOTU from being inducted into the NTHoF was 'rigged', but your claims are completely unsubstantiated and furthermore creating a larger rift within the toy community. Accept the results and move on!

Jeff
ComicVortex

Current specials:

Get some comics for 30% off
For every comic you purchase from our 'Bargain Bin' (those priced $1 or less), another comic purchased over $1 will be $30% off (refunded via PayPal). eg. If you purchase 10 'Bargain Bin' books, then 10 books purchased that are each over $1 will recieve this refund, etc.

Free Shipping

Domestic orders of 25 or more comics qualify for FREE SHIPPING (Media Mail). Priority Mail orders of 25 or more comics receive a $5 refund (Foreign or Domestic orders).
pottersan
Wednesday, November 11, 2020 7:46:29 PM
Shop at My Store
I think there was Russian Collusion by Crimson Dynamo, let's investigate.

If I don't have what you need, please check out these other great CCL Stores;
BlueMoon Comics, ComicVortex,The Goblin's Cavern, Manhattan on Mars, Edgewood Comics,Hall of Heroes

Please visit my wonderfully amazing eBay store for loose figures, CDs, DVDs and much more; Alpha Comics.

http://www.comiccollectorlive.com/LiveData/Seller.aspx?id=f3cb16b2-8046-415d-bdee-ac19da48a6c2
Thundercron
Wednesday, November 11, 2020 7:56:05 PM
Shop at My Store
The double meanings in this thread are so thick that I'm not sure what is sarcasm and what is veiled seriousness.
MoonKnight1
Wednesday, November 11, 2020 9:34:37 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Thundercron wrote:
The double meanings in this thread are so thick that I'm not sure what is sarcasm and what is veiled seriousness.

My work is done here. Smug Whistle

Howie's Saying of the Week

Reflect upon your present blessings—of which every man has many—not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some - Charles Dickens

Check out my eBay store: Hall Liquidations