Welcome Guest Active Topics
CCL Messageboard » The Water Cooler » Life Outside of Comics » The Most Outlandish, Unusual and Bizarre Events of 2020

The Most Outlandish, Unusual and Bizarre Events of 2020

MoonKnight1
Friday, January 01, 2021 3:51:58 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
As the ancient Chinese saying goes, "May you live in interesting times." This has certainly been one of the more interesting years that I, and most of the rest of us, have ever experienced.

What was the most bizarre, unbelievable, incomprehensive thing that happened in the year which will no longer be spoken of?

Some might say that it was Jetpack Guy buzzing planes around LAX. Others might argue that Mystery Seeds from China is the story. No one can quite explain the morbid fascination with Tiger King. There was the Megxit. Murder Hornets briefly terrorized us until we all went into collective isolation. There was a silver monolith in a desert in Utah. Until there wasn't.

BTW - I still say that "Murder Hornets" would be an excellent heavy metal band name. And if they can get "Chinese Mystery Seeds" to open for them I would camp out overnight to buy tickets! Dancing

Japan and China have brought back rocks and dust from an asteroid and the moon. A giant star has completely disappeared from the cosmos and now we have the United States Space Force with it's Guardians.

Crazy as all get out.

But I'm going with the fact that the United States military released videos and actually admitted that their pilots saw UFO's first hand. Saw them, recorded them, can't explain them. Really weird stuff that in normal times would have been met with numerous reactions including hysteria, accusations, denials, affirmations, disbelief, etc.

But in 2020? It was more like - yeah, whatever. Ho-hum. Yawn

What other oddness can you think of that happened the Year of the Multiple Disasters?

Howie's Saying of the Week

Let your love be stronger than your hate or anger. Learn the wisdom of compromise, for it is better to bend a little than it is to break - H. G. Wells

Check out my eBay store: Hall Liquidations
MoonKnight1
Sunday, January 03, 2021 2:09:54 PM
Groups: Forum Admin, Guru, Member, Moderator, Sports Host, Super Seller
Shop at My Store
Oof, missed this one: Cocaine Ghost Boat

BTW, "Cocaine Ghost Boat" would so seriously blow the Murder Hornets and the Chinese Mystery Seeds off of the stage. Silly

Howie's Saying of the Week

Let your love be stronger than your hate or anger. Learn the wisdom of compromise, for it is better to bend a little than it is to break - H. G. Wells

Check out my eBay store: Hall Liquidations